Punt returns

i know.... on that note Jason Whitten is having a monstrous season... kind of off topic, but just throwing it out there.

Gerald will not be returning punts this year, he has asked for a redshirt.. I think he was getting tired of being told he was going to play and then not getting in the game...

Gerald will not be returning punts this year, he has asked for a redshirt.. I think he was getting tired of being told he was going to play and then not getting in the game...

Well, that sucks that he won't play this year but it might help him in the long run. Time will tell.

wow. thanks for the update millwood. it's a shame. I wanted to see him on the field. Did he ever find out why he didn't play saturday?

I was frustrated by that but I had people around me say that at that point in the ballgame he was probably told to just catch the ball so nothing stupid could happen (i.e., turnover)

Playing not to lose?

i say look at berry... or moore back there... moore was the most impressive in preseason practice and for some reason we replaced him on kickoffs with creer... i know creer is good but to me moore has proved more on ST than anybody based on preseason

Again, it's like JG said. They are taught to fair catch it when the block is on, just as they are taught to stand on the ten and let whatever happens happen. It's all part of the game.

I know all about the unwritten 10 yard line rule. That isn't the only time Hef throws the hand up! We must put the block on quite often (with little result). So I say again put 11 up there and increase your chances. Or start teaching "don't attempt to field the ball, you might fumble".:)

I know all about the unwritten 10 yard line rule. That isn't the only time Hef throws the hand up! We must put the block on quite often (with little result). So I say again put 11 up there and increase your chances. Or start teaching "don't attempt to field the ball, you might fumble".:)

I'm in agreement with you there. Just saying i understand the fair catch when he was wide open.

I think the biggest problem is our coaching staff doesn't feel comfortable with anyone else back there right now. Hef doesn't have the ability it seems to shed tackler and break away from anybody on punt returns. But he's evidently has the hands to catch the ball and hold onto it. I've just always assumed they don't trust anyone else to not fumble, etc.

I'm in agreement with you there. Just saying i understand the fair catch when he was wide open.

I think the biggest problem is our coaching staff doesn't feel comfortable with anyone else back there right now. Hef doesn't have the ability it seems to shed tackler and break away from anybody on punt returns. But he's evidently has the hands to catch the ball and hold onto it. I've just always assumed they don't trust anyone else to not fumble, etc.

I'm content in knowing that this was the only issue we had on Sat!

heffney's punt returning at best this season has been below average. i'm all for seeing someone else back there to field the kicks.

Well I think the case to have Berry return kicks is much more evident now. He has shown he has the breakaway speed and the intangible knack of running the football through traffic.

Berry far too important on defense to risk injury on returns...I think we have plenty of worthy returners not in the starting line up

I said Hefney would have at least 5 - 6 punt returns for TDs this season. So far he's making me a liar :no:

VN Store

Back