PSA: Please do not boo if in attendance Saturday.

If he playing bad and coaches keep him in, it’s open season. but don’t boo him bc he gets the start. Right?

It’s really the fans right to do whatever they want. I personally wouldn’t boo at this point because the team is fighting hard and getting better every week. And Pruitt ultimately did make the move away from jg (why the hell did that take so long idk) but mauer is hurt. So at this point ya...what could booing accomplish?

Booing college players is never good.

BTW not specifically intending my response to you. Just in general a bad look

Reading for meaning, the OP:

Implore is neither command nor admonishment. From the dictionary, to implore is to beg someone earnestly or desperately to do something.

This is an expression of opinion, nothing more.

This is an appeal. To admonish is to warn or reprimand someone firmly. A warning includes stated or implied consequence. A reprimand is a rebuke, to call another into account for something done. Neither apply, here.
Nice breakdown but in the last quote there are 3 “commands” you’re ignoring, which are also said in an insulting and superior way. If the OP wanted to implore to fans, maybe leave that part off.

I’ve never seen a player be more detrimental to a program than JG. I believe in supporting a team, but If JG steps foot on the field, you better believe I’m booing. And it’s directed at the coaching staff if they’re that stupid too put him in.

Reactions: jarhead
;)If you have to constantly admonish the FANS to not voice their displeasure at stupid decisions, maaaaaaaaaybe you are looking at the wrong problem

Just sayin'

This isn't the NFL. It's college athletics. These are 18-21 year old kids where 95% of this roster will not make it at the next level. They pour their blood, sweat, and tears into the program even when they fail. Listening to people try to explain why boo'ing kids is acceptable is just disappointing. Which leads me to my next point....

I don't disagree, but if the fans boo, they aren't necessarily booing J. G. They are booing the coaches for playing him.

There is no nuance to boos. A boo is a boo is a boo, as they say. You cannot in real time explain the subtext to your boo. All the players hear are the boos raining down on them. It's all the same. Even if you're boo'ing the coaches, the players only hear you boo'ing their teammate.

If Maurer is not available, JG may be the best option to WIN. That may be hard to swallow, but if WINNING is the objective he could be it. Shrout may or may not be a better option. If he can help WIN, play him. If not, we got JG. That is if you want to WIN!!!! If you are dumb enough to think booing will motivate him to WIN--OK.

Nice breakdown but in the last quote there are 3 “commands” you’re ignoring, which are also said in an insulting and superior way. If the OP wanted to implore to fans, maybe leave that part off.

To be fair, it's pretty insulting to boo a 21-year old kid trying his best. So if you take offense to being implored not to boo him, imagine the offense JG is taking while you're expressing how much you hate him.

Reactions: A.J. and 1967vol
To be fair, it's pretty insulting to boo a 21-year old kid trying his best. So if you take offense to being implored not to boo him, imagine the offense JG is taking while you're expressing how much you hate him.
That is true, and no hate from me I only boo refs as a general rule.

Reactions: Jrobin
I was at the Ms State game when people booed JG. Not a good look for our program. As much as I truly hope JG never takes another snap in orange, I wouldn’t boo him.

Reactions: 1 in 102 455
Nice breakdown but in the last quote there are 3 “commands” you’re ignoring, which are also said in an insulting and superior way.

You read this as commands, and you characterize them as insulting, conveying a tone of superiority. I read these as succinct components of his appeal delivered in closing and perceive no such tone.

Reactions: VolFanatic27
I’ve never seen a player be more detrimental to a program than JG. I believe in supporting a team, but If JG steps foot on the field, you better believe I’m booing. And it’s directed at the coaching staff if they’re that stupid too put him in.
Doubt it happens but if they play him it’s bc Maurer is hurt and Shrout isn’t a better option. I think if it’s even close they play Shrout over JG. JG isn’t great but he did enough against MSU to get us the win. Hell he did enough versus Bama to keep us close until his boneheaded decision in the end zone. He’s terrible but I’m not sure Shrout is much better and he’s probably going to be worse in game than in practice.

You read this as commands, and you characterize them as insulting, conveying a tone of superiority. I read these as succinct components of his appeal delivered in closing and perceive no such tone.
I’m not reading them as commands, they ARE commands. All three statements are imperative, and that’s not a perception, just a fact. The way they are stated I “perceive” to be a bit insulting and said in a superior tone. But, that’s my opinion. I understand your interpretation as well, I just don’t agree.

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl
Venmo me the cost of my ticket and then you can tell me if I'm allowed to boo, by all means.

You have the freedom to do what you want. However, doing what you want is not always the best way. While you certainly are allowed to boo, people are hoping that you will not, since it is not going to produce good results for the program that you support.

It's not insulting... it's childish.

VN Store

Back