Pruitt's Wednesday Post-Practice Press Conference

Sara Clark

Pruitt: All three quarterbacks have been cleared to play Saturday. Obviously we have some decisions to make there.

I think Jim Chaney has done a nice job all year. We've got to execute at a little higher level and be more consistent everywhere, and our kids are working hard to do that. There have been lots of games offensively where I felt we moved the ball, but we turned it over.

OL Brandon Kennedy "does a really nice job with the front." It's kind of like having a coach on the field. He's staying healthy and helping the guys around him.

On JG's hurt hand: Jarrett has something to prove, he knows that. Everybody has something to prove. Yea I think he’s a tough guy, he’ll do whatever it takes to be ready to play.

Pruitt on UAB reviving its program and finding success: It's pretty unique. I don't know the details of how they were able to bring guys back, how many they could sign. I know they lost 35 seniors last year, but they have some age on their team. They're very well-coached.

Sometimes the score doesn't indicate how you played. Saturday we created some plays on special teams. Maybe we didn't play quite as good as we think we did. We've got to do a better job as coaches to get guys to play their best.

At this point, we're not playing winning football. Some need to execute, others need to step up

Pruitt: All three quarterbacks have been cleared to play Saturday. Obviously we have some decisions to make there.

I think Jim Chaney has done a nice job all year. We've got to execute at a little higher level and be more consistent everywhere, and our kids are working hard to do that. There have been lots of games offensively where I felt we moved the ball, but we turned it over.

OL Brandon Kennedy "does a really nice job with the front." It's kind of like having a coach on the field. He's staying healthy and helping the guys around him.

On JG's hurt hand: Jarrett has something to prove, he knows that. Everybody has something to prove. Yea I think he’s a tough guy, he’ll do whatever it takes to be ready to play.

Pruitt on UAB reviving its program and finding success: It's pretty unique. I don't know the details of how they were able to bring guys back, how many they could sign. I know they lost 35 seniors last year, but they have some age on their team. They're very well-coached.

Sometimes the score doesn't indicate how you played. Saturday we created some plays on special teams. Maybe we didn't play quite as good as we think we did. We've got to do a better job as coaches to get guys to play their best.

At this point, we're not playing winning football. Some need to execute, others need to step up

I may be wrong here but does anyone else think Pruitt isn’t shooting coach speak there? To me it’s straight to the point like it is cold honest truth. We haven’t seen that in ages.

Coach Pruitt in orange head to toe!! I'm betting we see uniforms of all orange again somewhere down the road. He's getting better every time he gives one of these I feel. I can't see how anyone thinks we could have a better coach at the helm at this time. I'd take that boring honest presser over a Mike Leach rant anyday, even though I think his rants are great.

Coach Pruitt in orange head to toe!! I'm betting we see uniforms of all orange again somewhere down the road. He's getting better every time he gives one of these I feel. I can't see how anyone thinks we could have a better coach at the helm at this time. I'd take that boring honest presser over a Mike Leach rant anyday, even though I think his rants are great.

I don’t see how they’re great if you throw your team under the bus when you, the coach, are responsible for them not being “fat and lazy”.

I don’t see how they’re great if you throw your team under the bus when you, the coach, are responsible for them not being “fat and lazy”.

The team seems to like him so I don’t think they necessarily see it that way. Except for some of the cancer that has already left. He learned from some of the best coaches over The years. I realize he isn’t a sunshine pumper like Saban.🤫

He basically pointed out the fact that without the special teams TDs, it’s a one score game. He ain’t wrong. This team is better than they were but certainly not good enough to just show up against UAB and expect a win. If they aren’t prepared for a tough game, we will lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
He take accountability for his actions and puts everyone on blast too. It's working cause he is a straight shooter.

He’s right. Take away a punt return and block for TDs and it’s a one score game.
However, that crossing route would have been open if we needed it a few more times.
Probably. Chaney found something and USCe just couldn't stop it.

What a closer game would have done though is allow USCe to be more balanced on O. Once they had to lean on Hilinski in known passing situations... their chances went way down. Their run game couldn't be a factor.

The team seems to like him so I don’t think they necessarily see it that way. Except for some of the cancer that has already left. He learned from some of the best coaches over The years. I realize he isn’t a sunshine pumper like Saban.🤫
I think he was talking about Mike Leach and not Pruitt, not 100% sure though

He basically pointed out the fact that without the special teams TDs, it’s a one score game. He ain’t wrong. This team needs a better than they were but certainly not good enough to just show up against UAB and expect a win. If they aren’t prepared for a tough time, we will lose.
It was still 24-0 2nd half pounding with close to a 4 to 1 ratio in total yards. SC was lucky the score was under 30 pts difference.

VN Store

Back