Pruitt's lawyer says he has the info to burn the whole AD down

So let me get this straight… the guy who was in charge of the football program, who was fired for not doing his job and having or allowing staff members pay kids. That guy is going to give up dirt on other programs that are not the football program about how they cheat, all the while claiming that the program that he was running…. He had no knowledge of the cheating going on there?? Good luck pulling that off Pruitt!

Is there any coincidence that this happened after the difficult PR situation Saturday night? Kind of a way to pile things on to make Pruitt not look so bad.

I didn't see where he denied any of the allegations against Pruitt just his threats against the University if they don't pay up.

All he can say is "uhhh" and "aight"

If he does this, no college team would ever want to hire him. He can kiss his head coaching career goodbye. I think by airing his dirty laundry out in the media, he has already lost his credibility (not saying he had much anyway)
He most likely is going to receive a nice long show cause from the NCAA so coaching in college is probably not going to be an option for Pruitt for a long time.

Is there any coincidence that this happened after the difficult PR situation Saturday night? Kind of a way to pile things on to make Pruitt not look so bad.

Probably. I felt this was coming soon, but it seems Pruitt's lawyer timed his statement well. When it rains, it pours.

I think we settle before it kills recruiting for years to come. I don’t like it, but sometime you gotta hold your nose.

To whom it may concern,

I would like to apply for the open Good Ole Boy position at your Knoxville location.

Resumé and references will be available, as soon as the statute of limitations expire.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Best regards,

Mr. Shoal C. Vol
I bet some of you Shoal Creek fellas would work out just fine. You down around Iron City? Lots of good places to take out the trash down there.

Reactions: StarRaider
This guy is an idiot. At he end of the day, he didn’t fulfill his duties as stated in the contract. You lose your job when that happens. Even if he has “something” it won’t be enough to change his fate. This will mean nothing the longer is plays out.

Reactions: OrangeSailor98
I will say this, I don't think he would have been that successful but we continue to look like asses for not hiring Greg Schiano.
At least we seem to have a coach now that is competent and cares.

Reactions: davethevol
I will say this, I don't think he would have been that successful but we continue to look like asses for not hiring Greg Schiano.
Proud of the collective effort that avoided him. Never a big fan of the national "shut up and take it!' narrative...ass away.

Based on what exactly? Pruitt being a terrible hire, doesn't make Schiano a good hire. He's got a personality that nearly as bad as Pruitt's, and his claim to fame is a 10-year run at Rutgers in the early 2000s that mirrors Stoop's run at Kentucky, with only 2 winning Big East conference records in a decade.

In his latest stint at Rutger's, he's 6-10/3-10 . If we'd hired him, he'd most likely be exiting UT after this season with a losing record.

If UT thought Pruitt had any evidence at all that would be incriminating and/or embarrassing, they would have already settled. UT hired an outside firm and allowed the NCAA to ride along shotgun the whole time. What leads anyone to believe that Pruitt's lawyers were so much better investigators that they turned over a bunch of rocks that UT and the NCAA didn't?

Reactions: BP4Prez
Based on what exactly? Pruitt being a terrible hire, doesn't make Schiano a good hire. He's got a personality that nearly as bad as Pruitt's, and his claim to fame is a 10-year run at Rutgers in the early 2000s that mirrors Stoop's run at Kentucky, with only 2 winning Big East conference records in a decade.

In his latest stint at Rutger's, he's 6-10/3-10 . If we'd hired him, he'd most likely be exiting UT after this season with a losing record.

He still would have been better than Pruitt.

Reactions: PNW Huskie
Being "better than Pruitt" doesn't make Schiano a good hire, and it certainly doesn't 'continue to make us look like asses' because we hired what turned out to be a terrible coach, over a demonstrably bad coach.

What makes us look like asses is that we used the Penn State sexual abuse situation to not hire Schiano even though there really wasn't any direct links to Schiano. The media grilled Tennessee hard for that.

Former UT baseball coach Todd Raleigh tried to extort severance pay from UT after Raleigh was fired in 2011. Raleigh threatened to blow the whistle on infractions within UTAD if he didn’t receive a satisfactory settlement.

My recollection is UT didn’t play ball with Raleigh, meaning no settlement, although his allegations against UTAD led to a few NCAA secondary violations.

Granted the Pruitt situation is higher profile than Raleigh. But I hope UT tells Pruitt/his lawyer to also F Off. UT knew that firing Pruitt WITH CAUSE would likely lead to snitch tactics. UT evidently thinks they won’t be hurt badly by these tactics.

Reactions: OrangeSailor98
He would never coach again. This is something you never do as a coach. He didn’t even defend his actions, he’s just trying to scare his way out of it. Anything that doesn’t directly involve him will be thrown out, I would assume.
You mean Pruitt came here to coach only for the money? Shocker

VN Store

Back