Pruitt's lawyer says he has the info to burn the whole AD down

Save some hate for Dooley, Kiffin, Butch and Phil, we can't use it all up on Pruitt. We have hired some real losers.

Strategic timing in all this?

Seems like investigation may be wrapping up soon. Pruitt is basically threatening to blow it all to hell unless there is a settlement. Even if everything is BS (and lets face it, there is probably something there), then the NCAA and SEC will still have to examine the new evidence before closing any investigation and delivering any sanctions. What he is no doubt going to say, among other things, is that Phil knew about the payoffs and so it was directed at a higher level. He will probably also indicate that Barnes and others made payments too. Even if untrue, the NCAA would have to investigate and that would keep us under a cloud for much longer - and not just football.

But once he "drops dime" and outlines everything in a lawsuit then his leverage to settle is pretty much gone. So thats why he is doing it now because the investigation must be getting closer to a wrap.

Agreed but how would Pruitt know anything about Barnes’ operation? I can’t imagine the two of them having lunch together much less having enough trust to discuss anything sketchy.
Probably knows of boosters and their areas of focus.

Y'all still think I'm crazy for suspecting the bozo was a Bammer plant?
Don't rule anything out. Connect the dots. A doesn't always get to Z in 25 jumps. Sometimes it bounces. Could be like the Purloined Letter, right there in plain sight.
1634683740814.png

All kidding aside - If they wanted to sabotage and actually did have a real plant, he couldn't have done a better job than Pruitt. Look how he left things.

Below might not have been an accident. JG will retire to the Caribbean, set for life and Pruitt will come visit on occasion so they can each share notes on what the other one did with their half of the money.

1634683909236.png

Each time Pruitt's plane is greeted...
1634684004071.png

Apologies if this got too stupid..

Save some hate for Dooley, Kiffin, Butch and Phil, we can't use it all up on Pruitt. We have hired some real losers.

I don't have any hate for Dooley. He was a crap coach, but I don't think he's a bad person. Anyone in his shoes would've done the same thing he did; take a job they weren't ready for or qualified for in exchange for millions per year and a shot at the big-time.

I have a hard time believing anybody trusted Pruitt enough to talk about personal business with him or anyone that would be in contact with him. He hadn't been there long enough. Students talk, sure , but documented evidence relative to Barnes ? Nah . He's been in the business long enough to not be that stupid. Unlike our departed football staff.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
It’s all just posturing. If it actually goes to trial and Tennessee starts to expose specific incidents which led to his firing Pruitt will become the butt of all jokes related to coaching and burn his career for ever as a college football coach. He was straight out handing recruits bags of cash.
Also, I’m really proud of the university for not giving in amd settling with him. They really should’ve done the same thing with fulmer.

Reactions: tbh and Rickyvol77
There’s never a shortage of drama on the Hill. At least not over the past decade+.

Threats like that he’s open game. He needs to come to next home game and stand on the sideline and say that.

VN Store

Back