Pruitt's lawyer says he has the info to burn the whole AD down

Sounds like the University has drawn a line in the sand. His only leverage is threatening some boosters. They are probably hoping that said boosters pressure the university to keep they’re names out of it.

When well known and highly placed Boosters start being threatened, we will cave and pay him to leave. They do not want their email and texts pulled, and the legal fees and stain for this going to trial would be insane. He will ask for 12 mil, we will offer 2, and probably settle in the 5-6m range and make him sign a NDA

When well known and highly placed Boosters start being threatened, we will cave and pay him to leave. They do not want their email and texts pulled, and the legal fees and stain for this going to trial would be insane. He will ask for 12 mil, we will offer 2, and probably settle in the 5-6m range and make him sign a NDA
I agree with this. I expect us to settle around 50%. And at that point none of this was even worth it. Should have fired him for sucking at his job and paid him to go away, keeping the NCAA out of Knoxville.

Reactions: 7maxims
I dunno. Right now it would seem the point of law would be whether Beldor violated the terms of his contract which gave UT the right to fire for cause. Some of the stuff his lawyer is claiming like wanting to see Rick Barnes’ records would not be germane to the issue. If he continues to poke the bear everyone is going to lawyer up and he’s headed for a legal colonoscopy without anesthesia

Then why is he stuck making this claim in the court of public opinion instead of to an arbitrator with UT’s counsel on the other side?

If you got the cards in this situation, you can bet your arse I’m gonna make you show me your Royal Flush before I buy in.

If he really had the goods, he would already be paid.

I think he has nothing. If he had a case he would not be trying to negoiate a deal.

Reactions: kcvols1

That's not how legal proceedings actually work.

Last edited:
If you paid him what’s to keep him from saying anything? So your both going to admit wrongdoing and he sign to “keep his mouth shut?”

What’s to keep him from writing a book?

If he had “info to burn the whole AD down”……..wouldn’t that be worth more than part of his old contract? Seriously?

Absolutely. The Chicken Littles on here who are panicking, don't know desperation when they see it. There is no way Pruitt's lawyer wanted to put a threatening letter of this nature in the public realm. It's a bad career move for his future prospects as a college head coach. What school is going to hire him to be a head coach after this?

His lawyer may have killed his pro career also. The giants are stuck with him through his current contract but after that who’s gonna want him? If things don’t go his way he will just threaten to reveal all the teams secrets and no team wants that threat hanging over them.

VN Store

Back