Pruitt was awesome in the press conference

Well, his dad should get over it. His son has just been given one hell of an opportunity.

I already like this guy a lot.

3/4, 4/3, spread, single wing - Coach to the strength of the players you have, not to some preset system. Seems obvious, but the guys he's replacing wouldn't do it.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not a sunshine pumper by any means but this guy will be a winner. Im excited about the prospective staff. We haven't had a great staff since Kiffins year

Reactions: 1 person
1. Dude knows how to work. Not a talker, he's a doer.

2. Probably won't have a huge early signing day, and that's fine. "Focus on the ones we get, not on the ones we don't."

3. WE ARE FINALLY GOING TO RUN THE FREAKING BALL! No more of this stupid Zone Read crap. Gonna build some lines, dominate our opponent, and run the ball down their freaking throat.

4. If the reports about hiring Helton are true, then we're going to have a great passing game too. Helton can take a lot of credit for Darnold at USC. Big explosive plays, I like it.

5. I like what he said about being adaptable. That stuff happens, but people expect wins.

6. I don't think the guy cares about anything but winning. He didn't grow up a Vol fan, and we're gonna have to teach him our ways, but....the guy wants to win. And you gotta KNOW he is looking forward to that Alabama game next year.

I definitely was hoping we would go with a proven head coach. BUT....this guy is out to prove himself, and if we had to get a winner, this guy knows what it takes to win.

I'm onboard. Welcome Coach Pruitt, and GBO!

Reactions: 33 people
Talk was good...

The staff he is putting together is backing up his talk!!!!

Time to work! Go coach Pruitt get it done!

Reactions: 2 people
He definitely didn't seem too concerned about early signing day. That said, he also said he was going to take his time hiring staff and it sounds like he's almost has the staff filled. If the names being reported all end up here, he's put together a top-tier staff in a very short period of time.

Reactions: 21 people
His staff Will make more than him and I think he was smart and chose that because he being a first time coach . best staff we have had in a long time if all I hear is true.

I was hesitant to buy in before the presser, but I gotta say, I'm all in now. That is how a Football Coach is supposed to sound. Not polished, not cliche ridden,but honest, excited and the more he talked the more fired up he got. And, he's putting together a hell of a staff!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back