Pruitt vs SEC West

De La Cloobs

The Vol is strong in this one.
Just heard Pruitt now has more wins against the SEC West than Kiffin, Dooley, and Butch combined.

If true... wow, we have been horrible over the years. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Well, Kiffin only had a year here so there's that. Dooley had one win against a terrible Ole Miss team I think... and Butch, well.. he butched.

It's a stat I guess. I just hope he ends up with more wins vs Vanderbilt and South Carolina than them at this point.

Reactions: hmhawk
To be fair to Dooley and Jones, they got really unlucky in some of the timing of the matchups. All had Alabama obviously.

Dooley had:

2010 - at LSU (and should have won), Ole Miss (won); LSU ended up 11-2 and OM sucked.
2011 - hosted LSU and at Arkansas; LSU lost the NC game to Alabama and Arkansas lost the Sugar Bowl to Ohio St.
2012 - went to playing only 2 SECW opponents and Dooley got at Miss St. who was undefeated when we played and started 7-0 before ending 8-5.

Jones had:
2013 - Auburn who lost to FSU in the national championship game.
2014 - at Ole Miss, who was #3 when we played and ended up 9-4 losing the Peach Bowl to TCU.
2015 - Arkansas, which honestly should have been a W. Arkansas was decent that year but not outstanding.
2016 - at TAMU, who was undefeated and #6 when we played.
2017 - LSU but he was already gone by then and the season was a bust. LSU was #20

So yeah Pruitt has more wins but our West opponents since 2009 have been generally brutal. Miss St. is probably the worst West team we've played since the 2010 Ole Miss team.

To be fair to Dooley and Jones, they got really unlucky in some of the timing of the matchups. All had Alabama obviously.

Dooley had:

2010 - at LSU (and should have won), Ole Miss (won); LSU ended up 11-2 and OM sucked.
2011 - hosted LSU and at Arkansas; LSU lost the NC game to Alabama and Arkansas lost the Sugar Bowl to Ohio St.
2012 - went to playing only 2 SECW opponents and Dooley got at Miss St. who was undefeated when we played and started 7-0 before ending 8-5.

Jones had:
2013 - Auburn who lost to FSU in the national championship game.
2014 - at Ole Miss, who was #3 when we played and ended up 9-4 losing the Peach Bowl to TCU.
2015 - Arkansas, which honestly should have been a W. Arkansas was decent that year but not outstanding.
2016 - at TAMU, who was undefeated and #6 when we played.
2017 - LSU but he was already gone by then and the season was a bust. LSU was #20

So yeah Pruitt has more wins but our West opponents since 2009 have been generally brutal. Miss St. is probably the worst West team we've played since the 2010 Ole Miss team.

And of course here you have it. If we had lost, Pruitt would be getting blasted by you and many others. Yet his team won and there is a "but." Lol. Some of you just cannot give credit where its due.

Just heard Pruitt now has more wins against the SEC West than Kiffin, Dooley, and Butch combined.

If true... wow, we have been horrible over the years. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

I believe it's very clear he's prepared for those teams for years and it shows vs east teams

Kiffin took Bama down to a STUPID field goal block of one of Lincoln’s “worm-burner” kicks...

Butch took aTm to double overtime...

Dools...screwed the pooch @lsu...

THOSE 3 being Ws instead of Ls would have changed the course of Tennessee Football the last 10 years

Kiffin took Bama down to a STUPID field goal block of one of Lincoln’s “worm-burner” kicks...

Butch took aTm to double overtime...

Dools...screwed the pooch @lsu...

THOSE 3 being Ws instead of Ls would have changed the course of Tennessee Football the last 10 years
I was told Lincoln was hurt and didnt tell anyone? Anyone remember if that was true?

Correct.

2009 - Kiffin lost to Auburn, #1 Alabama, and Ole Miss
2010 - Dooley lost to #12 LSU, #8 Alabama, and won against Ole Miss (so 1 win)
2011 - Dooley lost to #1 LSU, #2 Alabama, and #8 Arkansas
2012 - Dooley lost to #19 Mississippi State and #1 Alabama
2013 - Jones lost to #1 Alabama and #9 Auburn
2014 - Jones lost to #3 Ole Miss and #4 Alabama
2015 - Jones lost to Arkansas and #8 Alabama
2016 - Jones lost to #8 Texas A&M and #1 Alabama
2017 - Jones lost to #1 Alabama and #21 LSU

While Butch was less than impressive, we seemed to catch the teams every year from the West that were on the upswing and then having Alabama every year does that stat no favors. It’s nice to beat the west teams but we need to get back on track and beat these East teams. It starts there.

VN Store

Back