Pruitt to Texas as DC ??!!

If this were a 3 win roster we wouldn’t be talking about firing Pruitt. We probably had a better roster than 7 teams we played this year.

they won 3 games, so it’s a 3 win roster. If they had a roster like you thought they would have won more in talent alone, in spite of coaching

Reactions: vettefool
200.gif

They’ll hire him as DC for $35k a year once we fire home without cause thereby picking up the rest of the tab in typical UTAD excellence.

they won 3 games, so it’s a 3 win roster. If they had a roster like you thought they would have won more in talent alone, in spite of coaching
I disagree. When you have the wrong talent at the wrong position and you combine that w/ a lack of leadership things spiral out of control the way that they did. You can’t tell me we have less talent than UK and Arkansas. I think I can make an argument that our talent has been equal to or better than Auburn or Texas A&M. Hell we outplayed Auburn in every facet of the game with the exception, but of course of another pick six. If we have halfway better QB play versus Auburn, UK and Arkansas I think we win those games in spite of the bad coaching that took place. The second half of the Arkansas game was atrocious on the coaches part.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I disagree. When you have the wrong talent at the wrong position and you combine that w/ a lack of leadership things spiral out of control the way that they did. You can’t tell me we have less talent than UK and Arkansas. I think I can make an argument that our talent has been equal to or better than Auburn or Texas A&M. Hell we outplayed Auburn in every facet of the game with the exception, but of course of another pick six. If we have halfway better QB play versus Auburn, UK and Arkansas I think we win those games in spite of the bad coaching that took place. The second half of the Arkansas game was atrocious on the coaches part.

If Bailey could have gone through spring practice and all the summer workouts, it's highly likely he beats out Gitmo for the starting spot. Also, I've heard he missed something like 40 practices because of freaking contact tracing, which I've also heard made Pruitt livid and created some uncomfortable arguments. No doubt QB play was the difference between 3-7 and 7-3.

If Bailey could have gone through spring practice and all the summer workouts, it's highly likely he beats out Gitmo for the starting spot. Also, I've heard he missed something like 40 practices because of freaking contact tracing, which I've also heard made Pruitt livid and created some uncomfortable arguments. No doubt QB play was the difference between 3-7 and 7-3.
I think w/ better quarterback play we undoubtedly have a better record. I don’t know if we beat Texas A&M, but I feel pretty good that we at least go 6-4 . I honestly thought that this was a lost football team because of the lack of direction and whatever the hell is going with the staff, as well as the on field leadership. I don‘t feel any of the players took ownership of last year’s team. Ever. Some teams have it. Others don‘t. 2019 had it w/ JJ, Bituli, Taylor, Warrior, Calloway...etc. I’m obviously not in the locker room , but there never seemed to be an Alpha on the squad this season. Some guys just aren’t built that way. Really hoping that Bailey can step into that role and we really need Henry T to step into that role on D. He’s the best player on the team and I think he needs to be more visibly assertive. My 2 cents.

FWIW - it's being rumored that Texas' current DC might be going with Urban Meyer to Jacksonville...leaving an opening at U Texas for a DC

Bet the Ewers family doesn’t have room in their mailbox for the electric bill.
No doubt.

Ewers is in a tough spot. Ohio State/Ryan Day can definitely get him ready.
But now he's got the guy who trounced them, at his state school. Sark turned a 3 star QB with limited mobility into a 1st round millionaire probably in Mac Jones.
He can be the guy to make Texas Great Again🇺🇸

Word coming from Texas is that Pruitt is in play to join Sarks staff as DC
Good things like this don't happen to Tennessee.

But if it did, he would probably end up winning a natty while also winning DC and Recruiter of the year awards.

Interesting, we have more talent except for x,y, and z. Excuses are cheap, if we had more talent a Roos the board the record would have been better. The more talented team wins 99% of the time.

Interesting, we have more talent except for x,y, and z. Excuses are cheap, if we had more talent a Roos the board the record would have been better. The more talented team wins 99% of the time.

You think George State was “more talented” than Tennessee in 2019? Seriously

Talent without proper leadership.......is going to look WAY less talented.

“Football talent” without proper personnel in place (on the field), without proper play calling, without proper preparation, without proper development, without proper motivation, without proper discipline...........from a coach/coaches will not preform to the levels as they could......period.

This is a good reason schools pay millions for coaches.......they know they can’t simply throw a bunch of talented kids on the field and expect any kind of “good” results.......without coaching.

Sometimes a simple coaching change can take a team that was 2-10 and have them win a bowl game the next year.......you think that talent increased that much over one season?

NO........but the coaching did

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Word coming from Texas is that Pruitt is in play to join Sarks staff as DC
There are great recruiters, great position coaches, great coordinators, and great head coaches. Pruitt is a great def coordinator. He needs to realize that and embrace it.

Reactions: MikeInFla
Excuses are cheap? We threw 3 pick 6’s against Kentucky and Auburn. That’s a fact. Not an excuse. Quarterback is the most important position in sports. When you have good QB play it almost always makes everyone around you better. When you don’t have it, it goes a long way towards seeing the results that we have had.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Golding is going to Texas. Pruitt is fired with cause, returns to bama to rehabilitate as an “analyst” and Steele becomes our interim coach.
You can see this coming from a mile away.
Imo, if it looks like s@?& and smells like s@?&, it’s usually s@?$.
GBO!!

Reactions: Stevebriggs
Flood is going to Texas as OC just announced........hopefully they'll announce the DC soon today also 🙏

VN Store

Back