Pruitt press conference

The problem is JP. Firing every assistant isn’t going to fix him. Who would come here as an assistant if they have a choice? The ship has sailed, JP wasn’t ready to be a HC.
The AD better start checking to see which schools have swimming pool caretakers available to come coach football.

Reactions: davethevol
I keep hearing Sarks name as a candidate for the USC job.. think the fan base would be opposed to that if we missed on freeze.

When Pruitt was hired, I was one of those who felt pretty good at first and was feeling that "at least now we have someone who knows how to actually coach football" after the Dooley and Jones years. My confidence was shaken by the two inexcusable losses (GA State and BYU) last year, but I rebounded a little due to the winning streak.

To start this year, I felt shaky after barely beating a bad South Carolina team. However, a convincing win against Mizzou had me feeling a bit better. And now . . . Well, I am just tired (just like pretty much all of us). I can't believe in this program any more until I actually see some results. There is something way wrong within our Athletic Department, and within the football program specifically.

There can be no more accusations of "fair weather fans." Those of us that are still here have suffered through too many staggeringly pathetic performances, epic collapses, and outright disgraces to be called anything but loyal. This has gone on too long. While I am immeasurably disappointed, I've become numb and pretty much apathetic to the results on Saturdays since it is always the same: We get hopeful and then - BAM! - the wheels come off. Every. Single. Time.

This. Explains how I and I'm sure most of us feel.

Pruitt said all the right things at first which is why I got a little excited and believing again. I believe he said something along the lines of he didn't care if you were a senior or freshman if you were the better player you would be playing.

But that ended up not being true as you can all see. It was all just talk and false hope and hype to get fans excited for football again.

I'm completely done with him at this point.

Other coaches have gotten their backups prepared for this season. Just not us as usual. Covid or no covid. Our coaches show special treatment to certain players and that shouldn't be the case. Everyone should get a fair shot.

Maybe it's just that he supports their right to have a political opinion, whether he agrres with it or not....

Not sure about his taking sides . Changing practice times and marching in support. Maybe the whole team doesn’t have the same opinions. Glad I wasn’t in that position of building a team and unify100 young men who probably have multiple political ideas.

I still doubt that it happens before next season. But, I agree with the poster above that “the handwriting is on the wall....” We saw it with Dooley, then Butch and now Pruitt. It’s when the HC himself knows that he is failing, but he has no clue how to fix it....
And the tip-off is when the coach harkens back to past glory...Holly invoking Pat but admitting she didn’t know what was wrong; Phil defensively reminding fans that he’d won a lot more games than he’d lost but breaking out the poster board like a bad consulting firm to chart player effort; Pruitt reminding fans that he has been a coach on a lot of successful teams ( none of which he was the head coach) and talking about instilling practice culture in year 3. At this point, it’s really likely to be a cost/benefit decision on when to fire him.

Of course. His biggest fear is staring him in the face. Failure.

When Pruitt was hired, I was one of those who felt pretty good at first and was feeling that "at least now we have someone who knows how to actually coach football" after the Dooley and Jones years. My confidence was shaken by the two inexcusable losses (GA State and BYU) last year, but I rebounded a little due to the winning streak.

To start this year, I felt shaky after barely beating a bad South Carolina team. However, a convincing win against Mizzou had me feeling a bit better. And now . . . Well, I am just tired (just like pretty much all of us). I can't believe in this program any more until I actually see some results. There is something way wrong within our Athletic Department, and within the football program specifically.

There can be no more accusations of "fair weather fans." Those of us that are still here have suffered through too many staggeringly pathetic performances, epic collapses, and outright disgraces to be called anything but loyal. This has gone on too long. While I am immeasurably disappointed, I've become numb and pretty much apathetic to the results on Saturdays since it is always the same: We get hopeful and then - BAM! - the wheels come off. Every. Single. Time.
Great write up. I feel exactly the same.

Its funny that he said he knows where their hearts are, because that is exactly what this team has played without since the Georgia defeat.

Reactions: NEO
Aside from what we’ve seen on the field, there’s nothing to despise about Guarantano. He’s hard working, interactive and most of all... not DELUSIONAL. There was positivity after last season and he returned to build on it. That’s not the case anymore. He’s not returning.
I hope you are right.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Probably because most of the assistants know they may not have a paycheck after the season ends... We do have several with their contracts running out after the first of the year.

Friend, Martin and Niedermeyer's contracts expire after this season while Ansley and Chaney's contracts are up at the end of the 2021 season.

VN Store

Back