Pruitt Post Kentucky ASSwhipping

We were mentally defeated because of the turnovers. We still have a solid defense. The Qb situation is responsible. In the last 6 Qtrs JG is responsible for 31 direct points off turnovers.

and jg has been in on 21 points in the same time frame, He was responsible for more points for the opposition than he was for us. And yet,, it's not jg's fault according to coach, wrong play was called, Chandler caused his fumble, block wasn't picked up. Everyones fault but jg's. I just don't understand, and yes you are right our defense was mentally defeated. And I think we have a good enough team in every position to compete with anyone except our qb position.

Serious question: How much less practice has UT gotten than our competition? Say? UGA and UK?

I came into this season willing to give the season to him of we had poor performance due to Covid> I'm not willing to give that if UK and their staff have traversed this better than we have, all things being equal.
Apparently they have, they had a backup qb ready. Our coach hasn't gotten one ready. That should be enough right there. They have traversed it better than ut due to their preparedness that sometimes you gotta have the number 2 ready.

The defense is far from solid.

Defense is not the problem. Ky scored 17 points off of turnovers. So defense only gave up 17 points, and they were mentally fatigued from all the turnovers or they would not have given up that much. Qb is the problem, and until that is addressed, jg will have about 2 good games per year, and if we can't run the ball at will not a very good team, and it is very hard to run with 9 men within 4 or 5 yards from los because they are not concerned about jg beating them passing.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
This team today had a huge post Georgia meltdown.

Kentucky has a very nasty defense and whipped Tennessee's ass on the line of scrimmage offensively.

I think Guarantano gets the start against Alabama and then Bailey will start for the rest of this season to gain confidence and get a head start on 2021.

If jg starts next week Pruitt is not even giving his team a chance to win, to beat bama, your will need 40 points, jg has never done that against even a average team. At least you have a chance if you let someone else play qb. Not a chance with jg

Reactions: TJVol95
Defense is not the problem. Ky scored 17 points off of turnovers. So defense only gave up 17 points, and they were mentally fatigued from all the turnovers or they would not have given up that much. Qb is the problem, and until that is addressed, jg will have about 2 good games per year, and if we can't run the ball at will not a very good team, and it is very hard to run with 9 men within 4 or 5 yards from los because they are not concerned about jg beating them passing.

I agree, the defenses is bad but JG is worse making them not look as bad as they are.

If jg starts next week Pruitt is not even giving his team a chance to win, to beat bama, your will need 40 points, jg has never done that against even a average team. At least you have a chance if you let someone else play qb. Not a chance with jg
I’m the first to say the Maurer may be the spark....he’s got some wheels, but I’d wait at least until the 2nd half against AL bc the their 1st team D will kill him and we will need him healthy until HB is ready!

I didn't like the Pruitt hire and I felt vindicated by the BYU loss. I wrote Pruitt off then but he has shown me something since. We looked like a top 4 SEC team for the first time since Fulmer before JG made a mistake. A 5th year senior has to bounce back from his mistakes but unfortunately, he's literally played lights off for six quarters now.

I've never been sold on Chaney and Pruitt did throw him under the bus. My impression of Chaney is he is the ultimate flag football OC. He can create a lot of yards and draw up a passing offense but his teams, even with a QB like Bray, can't get tough yards or first downs when the game is on the line and you have to be tough. I think Pruitt's comment is loaded with a lot of coaching offices friction. We have a sophomore captain and a lot of comments about effort which we heard during the Botch years. Bottom line - this team can't handle adversity yet and I'm not sure Chaney is anything but a fair weather OC. I feel like Pruitt turned it around second half of last year and I thought the adversity faced until then would kill this team. Definitely some OJT from Pruitt here on the Tennessee sidelines but I think we have to give him more time.

JG is only good for max 14 points a game. That is literally his ceiling against any team not named UTEP or Chattanooga.

We're in Pruitt's third year. This is really bad.
Well...brevity wins again. 9 true words.

While vol fans search for the forest amongst the trees, while they execute drive-bys against Gary Danielson, talk about chop blocks, and Tee Higgins, searching relentlessly for external blame, alternate hebephrenically between fluffing UGA, Pruitt and Guarantano, while hanging everyone else in effigy....all that noise, reduced to it's essence.

"We're in Pruitt's third year. This is really bad."

Reactions: tbh and FLVOL_79
I didn't like the Pruitt hire and I felt vindicated by the BYU loss. I wrote Pruitt off then but he has shown me something since. We looked like a top 4 SEC team for the first time since Fulmer before JG made a mistake. A 5th year senior has to bounce back from his mistakes but unfortunately, he's literally played lights off for six quarters now.

I've never been sold on Chaney and Pruitt did throw him under the bus. My impression of Chaney is he is the ultimate flag football OC. He can create a lot of yards and draw up a passing offense but his teams, even with a QB like Bray, can't get tough yards or first downs when the game is on the line and you have to be tough. I think Pruitt's comment is loaded with a lot of coaching offices friction. We have a sophomore captain and a lot of comments about effort which we heard during the Botch years. Bottom line - this team can't handle adversity yet and I'm not sure Chaney is anything but a fair weather OC. I feel like Pruitt turned it around second half of last year and I thought the adversity faced until then would kill this team. Definitely some OJT from Pruitt here on the Tennessee sidelines but I think we have to give him more time.
I don’t think we have a choice.
The university isn’t changing and when they do it will be another google coach

I realize that but if he cares about his career he better pull somethin out of his a$$ quick.
By the time he leaves here he will have made at least 15 million dollars off of the university and the taxpayers Do you think he’s worried about his career. He could go coach middle school ball and be just fine financially

By the time he leaves here he will have made at least 15 million dollars off of the university and the taxpayers Do you think he’s worried about his career. He could go coach middle school ball and be just fine financially
It's not just about the money. Do you really think he is just using TN to make the millions then leave and go coach a middle school team?

Like our last two coaching hires, he’s in over his head. The guy has never coached anything without elite talent. We are reaping the results of that.
WE have pretty elite talent now except at QB. The problem is the guy has NEVER been a HEAD coach

VN Store

Back