Pruitt Post Kentucky ASSwhipping

Ehh. We will see what comes of this game today but I am not remotely optimistic.

I expect spinning their wheels this season and next then having the same conversations this program has had for over a decade now.

From what I’ve read today, those conversations have already begun.

Reactions: OEF VOL
For a football school we sure don’t win the games we should.
Think if we dye the TN river orange it would help? Hell, at this time. I’d try anything! Maybe even a little voodoo! Nothing else seems to want to turn this program around.

I am usually a big fan of Fulmer, but this is why "YOU DON'T GIVE UNDESERVED CONTRACT EXTENSIONS TO COACHES THAT HASN'T EARNED IT!" This is how you end up paying coaches not to coach for years!!!

I agree. The coaches and agents are in control. If we didn’t extend the contract then what is the real risk? He’s not getting a job as HC in a Power 5 that pays what he is making now. Universities ought to call the bluff of coaches that are in no risk of leaving for more $$$ in these negotiations .

While I agree with the performance. We are stuck with Pruitt from a stability standpoint for at least 2 more years. That contract had to be made.
This is just mindless. The same thing was said when Jones was in his third year. Giving an incompetent coach more time does not magically change him into a competent coach - it just runs the program further into the ditch.

I have been a Big Orange fan my entire life, if Alabama paid me to coach, there is no way my heart would be in it NO WAY. I really don’t think he gives a damn if we win or lose. He grew an Alabama fan and dislikes Tennessee the way I dislike Alabama. Money can’t change that no matter how hard you try
Coach Cut was an Alabama guy

Actually,at this point, I don't blame JG. The reason I don't is because he just isn't a good quarterback. If he could be one, he would by now but he just doesn't have the ability to play at the level needed. The only person to blame for JG playing the way he does is the coach who keeps sending him out there.

I agree. The coaches and agents are in control. If we didn’t extend the contract then what is the real risk? He’s not getting a job as HC in a Power 5 that pays what he is making now. Universities ought to call the bluff of coaches that are in no risk of leaving for more $$$ in these negotiations .
Please keep in mind that I am not advocating or calling for CJP to be fired at all. Just stating how crazy it is to give any coach an extension and or a raise half way through their first contract before they have proven anything. I would have thought that after Hamilton, and Alabama Dave's costly screwups we would have learned by now.

Reactions: joevol33
I been a UT fan my entire
Life! Honestly I have never
Seen coaching
Or was QB play since Crompton played for Fulmer! We took (2) steps back today! I have honestly lost it today!!!!

why not make CJP the defense head coach and hire a offense head coach till CJP contract run out then hire a head coach

Probably one of many things that will seal up the doom for TN Vs Al is the slant route. They complete these against GA, but with the vols, Al will take these to the house! 3:30 CBS game that won’t go well

Reactions: OEF VOL
The fact we are 4 weeks into the season and can’t stop a slant pass and have zero development at the QB position is why we are in this mess. And how the hell can a D expert like CJP not teach how to defend the slant?

Got to remember Pruitt has always had superior talent than the teams they were playing against.

Got to remember Pruitt has always had superior talent than the teams they were playing against.
We had superior talent today, against GA state, and BYU. Not to mention other losses. And it’s his job to get the talent to not get boat raced by Kentucky or anyone else. It’s also his job to develop talent. There has been zero QB development.

VN Store

Back