Pruitt Post Kentucky ASSwhipping

If Bailey and Maurer are healthy, then I don't see how anyone could question them being the top two. JG has all the physical tools in the world, but I don't think he's ever going to get there mentally. It's just time to move on. Hate it for the guy and hope he does well as a backup if needed. Shrout has always been a guy that could maybe be productive in the SEC after three years in the system.
I think Shrout would be great at ND State or somewhere that he could play for great coaches but not be pushed too much too soon by the competition.

Agree on JG. Wish it weren't so.

Reactions: tbh and Cormock Mac
I hate to say it, but my initial impressions of Pruitt when he was first hired have only been reinforced over time. I could chalk-up all the "Aight's?" in his early days to maybe just first-time head coach jitters. But he's just continued to do it, only now it's that dumb "Does that make sense?" line over and over again. I realize he's a football coach, but listening to him speak just does not instill confidence.

I'm a huge pruitt fan but today was nothing but excuses. Year 3 we r still talking about habits....just stop with ******** and admit I have wrong qb who's not gotten better over 3 years. And for some reason offense game plan has been not good. Is that because jg probably alot of it is. But chaney needs some power plays where guards and tackles pull....year 3 there are no excuses. Not saying we need win east but this is awful. Offense is pathetic and not creative but offense wont go without a qb...

I have tried to like Pruitt...but games like today make it difficult. Last year after losing to BYU(I think) he was being asked not so rough questions and he rolled his eyes like WE are the idiots. The whole presser he was extremely annoyed by anyone daring to question his greatness. That really set me off against him. I got the vibe he was thinking "you're Tennessee. You should be grateful I even took this job". "Anything I give you is a bonus to the garbage you've had." He's a good recruiter...I'd hate to lose that...but Wisconsin has been a top 10 team for years with classes always in the mid 30s...just as an example. This was an embarrassment of epic proportions.

This team today had a huge post Georgia meltdown.

Kentucky has a very nasty defense and whipped Tennessee's ass on the line of scrimmage offensively.

I think Guarantano gets the start against Alabama and then Bailey will start for the rest of this season to gain confidence and get a head start on 2021.

This team today had a huge post Georgia meltdown.

Kentucky has a very nasty defense and whipped Tennessee's ass on the line of scrimmage offensively.

I think Guarantano gets the start against Alabama and then Bailey will start for the rest of this season to gain confidence and get a head start on 2021.
We were controlling the game before the 1st turnover even though there was no score. Announcers also stated this.

Despite all this, I don’t think Pruitt is the problem. He sure is not making it any easier for himself though. JG is our best option right now, and he’d be the worst option for most teams. I would punt and start Bailey the rest of the season to develop him and see if I can get another qb in this class. Then take 2 qbs in next class too. Pack the qb room until you have someone step up in a big way. Get jg to bow out gracefully, and get Maurer/shrout to transfer. I saw a lot of freshman in the 4th quarter. I hope that continues this season. I would run/pass 65/35 rest of season. I’d do more play action if we can figure out how to protect the qb and we have to start taking shots downfield. When the ball gets out early enough and travels 25 yards or more, good things have happened. Need more strikes downfield to complement some type of running game. Paramount though is getting yards on first down. The oline is disappointing from a consistency standpoint. They have to be better. The penalties, no excuses for that. And need to get a great push on first down and third and short. Period. I think most people thought we could win 8 before new scheduling. Then people hoped we could win 6. Realistically, at this point if we go 5-5 and develop younger players at positions of weakness then that’s about all we can hope for. I don’t know what happened to the team that played the first 2 games, but it hasn’t appeared since half time at uga. If the team from early on comes back, we could end this season 6-4. If the team that played today is what we got, we’ll be lucky to win more than 3 games. Weinke, Tee, and Friend should all be on the hot seat and fighting to not get fired by year end, and Pruitt needs to have the balls to get them gone if things don’t change for this offense. Chaney is not the problem.

When the team plays like they don’t want to be on the football field, I blame their coach,
but in reality each player is responsible to a degree........... their is something seriously wrong with this team any way you look at it

Reactions: OEF VOL
Whatever is said, will not be said in public. I can’t see Fulmer operating that way, and I appreciate him for it.

Even if we finish 2-8, I highly doubt there will be any change this year. The earliest I could see one is the end of next season.

Agreed.

Handwringing over budgets and the staff working like heck won't lead to any changes even if there is a total face plant to 2-8.

I dont really see that happening but a .500 record seems like a stretch at the moment.

It's still no excuse imo. He supposedly has one of the best FB minds in all of college FB plus he has a group of seasoned coaches, top 15 recruiting classes, and Phil frikin Fulmer as AD. He has all those assets and get's blown out by KY.
He is a bammer. Should have never been hired to be our coach. Who do you think his favorite college football team is

Reactions: hog88
I get the feeling that the players aren't giving much of a damn, because the coaching staff isn't giving much of a damn...or the other way around. Leaving the mental case at QB instead of moving on an developing future options is reason #1. After the first game or two this season, it seemed like a corner had been turned. The following two games exposed that misconception in grand fashion, especially today.

The other quarterbacks may not step in an immediately start leading the team to wins, but after the most recent instance of #2 sh*tt*ng the bed (yes, I know he wasn't the only one that face-planted today, but stay focused for a moment), continuing the Sisyphusian-level exercise in futility w.r.t. #2's alleged development doesn't make an iota of sense. Pull out the stops, throw the backups in, and see where the chips land for the rest of the season. The worst we can expect is more blowout losses (which seem to be the order of the day at this point).

I have been a Big Orange fan my entire life, if Alabama paid me to coach, there is no way my heart would be in it NO WAY. I really don’t think he gives a damn if we win or lose. He grew an Alabama fan and dislikes Tennessee the way I dislike Alabama. Money can’t change that no matter how hard you try

And the man makes 4 million dollars a year to present this way. Highest paid state employee in TN, and this is what we get for public engagement and communication skills. Tried to rationalize the concern, but it never did bode well.

“State employee” says it all.

Reactions: MocVol

VN Store

Back