Pruitt optimistic that Solomon and Gibbs will be eligible 2019

It's easier when every newspaper and reporter does everything in their power to kill story. If Saban had Knoxville media it may be a different story.
Saban has the whole state locked down but that's just my opinion..

No, you're correct. Sportswriters down there have always been pro-Alabama. For some strange reason, Knoxville has to hire ex-bamers, ex-LSU guys who aren't real good either. John Adams wouldn't still be in Knoxville if he was worth a crap.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Obviously don’t know how much this plays a factor in kids transferring, but i transferred from UTC to UT Knoxville mid year freshman year (cross country and track athlete) because the coach was a complete opposite person than he was on my recruiting visit. The guy literally loved demoralizing his athletes thinking that humiliating them in front of the rest of the team would be good motivation.

So some of these transfers may be caused by the coaches that made them feel like they were actually wanted and needed on visits, to feeling lower than dirt once signed and enrolled

Edit: i promise I’m not a snowflake

No, you're correct. Sportswriters down there have always been pro-Alabama. For some strange reason, Knoxville has to hire ex-bamers, ex-LSU guys who aren't real good either. John Adams wouldn't still be in Knoxville if he was worth a crap.

Why does it matter if we hire ex bammers? If CJP gets us back winning again I don't care where be is from. We all know Fulmer hates Ala and he had no problem with hiring him. Plus he's assembled the best coaching staff's in the SEC and country.

Why does it matter if we hire ex bammers? If CJP gets us back winning again I don't care where be is from. We all know Fulmer hates Ala and he had no problem with hiring him. Plus he's assembled the best coaching staff's in the SEC and country.

I’m talking about media people.

Solomon may very well be the missing piece on the DL. He looks like bad news going across the line for opposing players. If he has to be dbl teamed, all of a sudden everyone else looks a whole lot better. New environment, proven coach and schemes, closer to home with his family at games, playing with guys and talent he played against in HS. I think it's going to a really good fit for him.
He had 3 tackles last year, total. Potential is there but production wasn’t in his first two years.

It's easier when every newspaper and reporter does everything in their power to kill story. If Saban had Knoxville media it may be a different story.
Saban has the whole state locked down but that's just my opinion..
This, is true. First, there is no other sports in that state to cover, no pro teams at all, all they have is Bama football. Worst thing that could happen to a news outlet is to be cutoff to the football program, and Saban does it in a heartbeat.

To top it off, AL.com owns every major news outlet in that state and their agenda is very much driven by a pro-Bama slant, it drives AU fans crazy. Notice they don’t run arrested players on their site or failed tests.

AJC admits going thru the Athens police records everyday, wouldn’t be shocked if KNS did the same.

How can we say it matters? 1 case of hundreds each year. So what?
This was a test case for the NCAA. Martell didn’t have any cause/distress for transferring, other than suspecting he would not play since Fields had just been allowed to transfer there. He literally was allowed to transfer without having to sit out for a season because he wasn’t get to start and play at Ohio State....that’s why it’s a big deal. And if Martell gets to transfer now, ANY player can now transfer without having to sit out. It’s a major change in NCAA policy, furthering the trend that’s been set in the last few months.

Obviously don’t know how much this plays a factor in kids transferring, but i transferred from UTC to UT Knoxville mid year freshman year (cross country and track athlete) because the coach was a complete opposite person than he was on my recruiting visit. The guy literally loved demoralizing his athletes thinking that humiliating them in front of the rest of the team would be good motivation.

So some of these transfers may be caused by the coaches that made them feel like they were actually wanted and needed on visits, to feeling lower than dirt once signed and enrolled

Edit: i promise I’m not a snowflake

Dang Stu didn't know you were a snowflake

Ok. So 5. The stats page I was looking at showed only 2 games, which means he had no contributing stats for the other 3 I guess.
Played in six. Originally thought five. All you have to do is get on the field.

Hopefully we hear something soon on our transfers. Jack Tuttle was granted immediate eligibility, maybe Gibbs and Solomon will be too.

After beating Bama 4 years in a row they will fire Saban and hire Pruitt away from us. We will be in complete rebuilding mode in 2023

I sense the sarcasm (I hope because we aren’t beating Bama 4 straight). But there are people who believe Pruitt will be the next coach there. As long as Saban coaches longer than it takes to extend Pruitts contract, Fulmer will lock him up.

Yea, 1st guy jokingly said if both can play we won’t lose until 2023. 2nd guy jokingly called him a NegaVol for assuming we wouldn’t go undefeated for 5 straight years. My joke was saying the first guy was partially correct and we will dominate for 4 years until the typical UT thing happens and we’re bad again following a new head coach hire.

I don’t see Bama going after Pruitt when Saban retires. They will try for Dabo but he will turn them down. Then I see them either going after Smart or a top NFL coach.

This was a test case for the NCAA. Martell didn’t have any cause/distress for transferring, other than suspecting he would not play since Fields had just been allowed to transfer there. He literally was allowed to transfer without having to sit out for a season because he wasn’t get to start and play at Ohio State....that’s why it’s a big deal. And if Martell gets to transfer now, ANY player can now transfer without having to sit out. It’s a major change in NCAA policy, furthering the trend that’s been set in the last few months.
And Fields did?

VN Store

Back