Pruitt optimistic that Solomon and Gibbs will be eligible 2019

You mean he should go back in the past with a time machine and make someone say racist stuff to him?

The Fields incident was well documented.

Except it wasn’t said TO him, it was ABOUT him, and even then the guy who said it wasn’t near fields, and he was kicked out of school and lost his scholarship, for this to be so well documented you sure don’t know the specifics of it.

It was a lame excuse for his reason to transfer and get eligible to play. The NCAA was in a no win situation with that. The kid should’ve been made to sit a year.

Reactions: butchna
Except it wasn’t said TO him, it was ABOUT him, and even then the guy who said it wasn’t near fields, and he was kicked out of school and lost his scholarship, for this to be so well documented you sure don’t know the specifics of it.

It was a lame excuse for his reason to transfer and get eligible to play. The NCAA was in a no win situation with that. The kid should’ve been made to sit a year.
It was said about him. He was made to feel uncomfortable. Understandably they let him transfer. I'm for all kids being able to anyway. That was a valid reason to grant it imo.

Reactions: Volanta
It was said about him. He was made to feel uncomfortable. Understandably they let him transfer. I'm for all kids being able to anyway. That was a valid reason to grant it imo.

Uncomfortable? My ass, if it made him so uncomfortable why wait till after the bowl game? If he was that unsettled by it he should’ve left immediately.

Plus he had no chance of running into the guy who said it because he was kicked out of school.

It was a BS excuse and everyone knows it. The NCAA couldn’t win with this, either deny it and be deemed a racist group no caring for the student athletes or let him play and get ridiculed by everyone else.

He’s about to ride the pine at OSU like he did at UGA. Guess he’ll claim someone else is a racist when he doesn’t play.

While the recent news of Justin Fields being granted immediate eligibility shows that the NCAA is a joke, this could also be a great thing for Tennessee in regards to getting our impact transfers immediately eligible. If Fields is able to claim "racist culture," at UGA, what's to say Gibbs can't do the same? As for Solomon, let's hope Pruitt has something up his sleeve.

They wont get cleared .. its the NCAA ..we all know some schools can get guys eligible whenever they want ..

Pruitt hasn’t been here long enough to know how much things are different. He’ll learn

Uncomfortable? My ass, if it made him so uncomfortable why wait till after the bowl game? If he was that unsettled by it he should’ve left immediately.

Plus he had no chance of running into the guy who said it because he was kicked out of school.

It was a BS excuse and everyone knows it. The NCAA couldn’t win with this, either deny it and be deemed a racist group no caring for the student athletes or let him play and get ridiculed by everyone else.

He’s about to ride the pine at OSU like he did at UGA. Guess he’ll claim someone else is a racist when he doesn’t play.
He was....UNCOMFORTABLE!

As in suffering the feeling of a comfort level dramatically less than....comfortable.
This can be terrible, like when the covers get all bunched up, and you get hot spots, but one foot is hanging out and it's too cold. And the ceiling fan is blowing stupid air in your face. And to turn it off youd have to get up but you dont want to. Not really. Cause that would be uncomfortable, too.

Reactions: Bret178
It might be in the Vols long term best interest if Solomon sits this year. He likely plays 2 yrs. then turns pro. Another year in the weight room and learning the D should make him more formidable in '21 and '22.
Play now. We will get more recruits in the future. We should not act like this is the last highly rated recruit we will get.

It would be consistent with what we saw at Ohio State. I think it's a good trend in college football, and will weaken the dynasty in Alabama over time.

He literally reported nothing. SDS doesn't do reporting. He just quoted someone else quoting stats of how many people haven't gotten a waiver under the new rule. Originally reported months ago. Old news. Doesn't change their lack of cases.

Reactions: feathersax
NCAA gonna have to change the rule or transferring will go insane. It's there for a reason. Either give waivers based on gpa or postseason ban or don't give em at all.

Just let anyone transfer. Just like coaches can leave.

Just limit it to one transfer.

That is how it is for non-football and basketball. 1 time exception.

The NCAA argument, based on research, is bigtime d1 players take a big academic hit when they transfer. They say the 1 year in-residence rule allows them to get their environmental and academic feet sturdy before taking on playing time as well.

I didnt see this posted anywhere but what do yall think about this and how much better does the team get if possible? SIAP

Attachments

• EFEDA239-A485-4F9C-A9E1-3B0DCAD70762.jpeg
    EFEDA239-A485-4F9C-A9E1-3B0DCAD70762.jpeg
    317 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: i2amavol
Not sure how much impact Gibbs had this year. Bigger opportunity for him next year.

Soloman however... Would be huge.

Reactions: RoaminVol

VN Store

Back