Pruitt grabs Shamburger's jersey - media snowflake loses it

I dont have any problem with the jersey grab and I suspect very little would have been said if it hadnt been for the JG facemask tweak a few weeks earlier. Was that over the line? Personally I say no. But I wouldnt like it if it was me. No one ever did that to me. But... I would have taken it and never again done what I had done to get it.

Well thought-out response.

If I were the person in charge of the UT AD, I‘d have a conversation with Pruitt. That’s been my point. I think if most people here were realistic and honest (and their head and job depended on it), they would too.

So--you make it clear that the only people who DO NOT THINK ANYTHING NEEDS TO BE SAID TO CJP are actually UNREALISTIC AND DISHONEST....and do not value their jobs.

So now let me be clear--you're entitled to your own opinion that is more concerned with public perception than reality....
but you're definitely NOT ENTITLED to make statements that insinuate your perspective is the MORAL HIGH GROUND when it isn't!

Underlying everything you've said is a premise that old school coaches like CJP inevitably abuse players physically.
This is EXACTLY what our PC culture wants everyone to believe in an attempt to castrate true masculinity. It makes me want to vomit.

CJP is an old school coach who is gonna coach his players hard--in practice and during the game.
He's also an old school coach who is NOT gonna throw them under the bus in the post-game interviews.

He challenged his players after the Florida game to give their all for the program, the team, the coaches, and for each other.
He was holding JG and Shamburger ACCOUNTABLE to that challenge thrown down at a team meeting before each and every player.
I don't want any player who will not submit to this kind of accountability.

That type of accountability is what builds winning programs--and doesn't merit a feminized discussion concerning what is proper in public for an old school football coach.

Underlying everything you've said is a premise that old school coaches like CJP inevitably abuse players physically.
This is EXACTLY what our PC culture wants everyone to believe in an attempt to castrate true masculinity. It makes me want to vomit.

Amen and amen.

So--you make it clear that the only people who DO NOT THINK ANYTHING NEEDS TO BE SAID TO CJP are actually UNREALISTIC AND DISHONEST....and do not value their jobs.

So now let me be clear--you're entitled to your own opinion that is more concerned with public perception than reality....
but you're definitely NOT ENTITLED to make statements that insinuate your perspective is the MORAL HIGH GROUND when it isn't!

CJP is an old school coach who is gonna coach his players hard--in practice and during the game.
He's also an old school coach who is NOT gonna throw them under the bus in the post-game interviews.

He challenged his players after the Florida game to give their all for the program, the team, the coaches, and for each other.
He was holding JG and Shamburger ACCOUNTABLE to that challenge thrown down at a team meeting before each and every player.
I don't want any player who will not submit to this kind of accountability.

That type of accountability is what builds winning programs--and doesn't merit a feminized discussion concerning what is proper in public for an old school football coach.

Having your facemask or jersey grabbed is not abuse. Now if he follows it up with bodyslamming the player? That is carrying it too far. If he punches him? That too. As far as I am concerned, he needs to grab a jersey in every game. Every coach needs to. And the whiny asses who can't handle it can go watch synchronized swimming or rhythmic gymnastics...or soccer.

Lol. Y’all missed the point entirely. I just said if your $4M per year job was on the line, you would probably treat the situation differently (from both the AD and coach’s perspective). It’s easy to spew macho nonsense behind a keyboard when the only thing you have to lose is e-cred. :)

Seriously, some of you guys need to lighten up. It’s just football.

Reactions: Carp

VN Store

Back