Pruitt grabs Shamburger's jersey - media snowflake loses it

When PF was coaching the OL under Majors, you seriously don't think he ever grabbed a players jersey or facemask during practices? LOL
Say what? You're missing the point. We’re talking nationally televised games here. That’s the issue. The coach needs to exercise restraint and decorum when cameras are running.

Check out the bad press Jimbo Fisher is getting right now. Same thing.

Instead of assuming the worse, wouldn't it be nice to ask the players (JG & Sham) their perspectives on this? Coach is gonna Coach, football is football and I am sure they would laugh about the hoopla..

All CJP was doing is holding his players accountable for their actions...Both players have Responded with their performances on the field of play.

Last edited:
Reactions: m1al and VFL-82-JP
If you can't handle in practice or in front of tv cameras having a coach grab your facemask or jersey or perhaps yelling at you in a loud voice, seek to play football somewhere other than the University of Tennessee.

Looked and looked for the pic of Pat grabbing Marciniak’s jersey. Can’t find it. But here’s Michelle’s take of the incident.

“In an earlier interview, I’d asked Marciniak why she had scotch-taped an AP photo to the dashboard of her Honda of Pat grabbing her jersey and yelling in her face. “I wanted to make sure that that never happens again,” answered Marciniak.” Knoxville Mercury

And some mizzery guy is upset over a football coach and player? No wonder I despise mizzery.

Name one HC at Tennessee that has grab a facemask or pulled a player by his jersey in this manner ?

@Smallvol#1 ...Here is the pic you were searching for.
Our very own Pat, winner of 8 National Titles, winningest WBHC of all time... and NO ONE said a word.

If you have a problem with discipline, take a look at your own life for a minute. Pruitt was getting Sham's attention when Sham wasn't paying attention. He tried to walk away from him and disrespect Pruitt. Pruitt wasn't having it. Not in a critical moment. Sometimes, you have to grab a jersey to get their attention. It worked.

EKKApyKXYAIBR12

My concern isn't about the act itself, but the potential of a violent reaction by a player. If a player ever hits him or even just attempts to the damage done could be devastating to Pruitt and the program.

My concern isn't about the act itself, but the potential of a violent reaction by a player. If a player ever hits him or even just attempts to the damage done could be devastating to Pruitt and the program.

Ditto. It’s in Pruitt’s best interest to quit doing this kind of stuff when cameras are rolling. I don’t find it abusive or “wrong”, just not smart.

I totally agree. And it's not just the grabbing by the collar; it was the dragging him by the collar for several steps. What was the need for that, as opposed to just reading him the riot act where he was standing. It would lead to immediate dismissal from the team and from school, not to mention arrest, but I wouldn't be surprised if some burly player with a quick temper hits him while being dragged around.

Last edited:
I totally agree. And it's not just the grabbing by the collar; it was the dragging him by the collar for several steps. What was the need for that, as opposed to just reading him the riot act where he was standing. It would lead to immediate dismissal from the team and from school, not to mention arrest, but I wouldn't be surprised if some burly player with a quick temper hits him while being dragged around.
I'm betting Fulmer will address and document this issue with him to cover the program and University. I doubt we ever hear about it, which I believe is the right way to go. I would be shocked if Pruitt ever does it again during a game. He may be grammatically challenged, but he isn't stupid.

Reactions: CampBlount
Say what? You're missing the point. We’re talking nationally televised games here. That’s the issue. The coach needs to exercise restraint and decorum when cameras are running.

Check out the bad press Jimbo Fisher is getting right now. Same thing.

What the cameras missed showing was the player walking away from the coach while he was trying to talk to him. What you saw was a coach not maintaining decorum. What I saw was a coach getting his message across to a player who just did something very stupid on the field, and followed it up by not listening. I don't care about the bad press or what you and a few social justice warriors think about it. It is not a grade school playground. It is not normal everyday interaction you see in the course of your everyday mundane life. It is football. You get yelled at if you do something dumb. And if you don't listen to him, you get your jersey grabbed.

And anyone viewing it on TV that doesn't get it? Turn off your TV, and polish your autographed picture of your favorite PC mouthpiece. Or get out your clarinet and try to play Rocky Top. Anyone who ever played football had a coach do that to them, or a teammate at least once during their playing days. It happens. There is no issue.

What the cameras missed showing was the player walking away from the coach while he was trying to talk to him. What you saw was a coach not maintaining decorum. What I saw was a coach getting his message across to a player who just did something very stupid on the field, and followed it up by not listening. I don't care about the bad press or what you and a few social justice warriors think about it. It is not a grade school playground. It is not normal everyday interaction you see in the course of your everyday mundane life. It is football. You get yelled at if you do something dumb. And if you don't listen to him, you get your jersey grabbed.

And anyone viewing it on TV that doesn't get it? Turn off your TV, and polish your autographed picture of your favorite PC mouthpiece. Or get out your clarinet and try to play Rocky Top. Anyone who ever played football had a coach do that to them, or a teammate at least once during their playing days. It happens. There is no issue.
Well thought-out response.

Look, I’m 52 years old. I was raised playing sports exactly the way you describe. Don’t misconstrue my comments as hippy liberal. I’m also wise enough to know that things have changed. If I were the person in charge of the UT AD, I‘d have a conversation with Pruitt. That’s been my point. I think if most people here were realistic and honest (and their head and job depended on it), they would too. It’s just not a situation you want to get out of hand. The football program has lots of momentum and good will right now.

This has nothing to do with coaches or players being ’soft’ or some hack’s media bias. It’s just something you can’t do in 2019. The Woody Hayes era is long gone. Fisher just took some heat over a recent facemask grab.

I suspect Fulmer will have a meeting with Pruitt very soon. UT doesn’t need negative press while the program is rising. Pruitt got a soft pass on the first incident. Now, the media smells blood in the water. It’s best to squash this now so it never happens again.

So in 2039 when a player makes a stupid mistake he will get rewarded with a bouquet of flowers when he comes off the field.
If we continue to let the media dictate how we live our lives this country ain't got a chance.

JHs coaches, by definition, are bordering on mentally challenged. We pay our coach millions $$$$ to represent UT to national TV not as a dumbass JHS coach but as a full grown, mature, educated HC of a prominent university.

He has to stop this nonsense. He will stop this nonsense if he wants to stay at the University of Tennessee.

Or he can go with Woody Hayes into the annals of idiocy.
No, we pay him to coach.

When I was in Airborne School in the mid-80s, I had a Blackhat (instructor) grab me by my chinstrap because I was watching the line NEXT to ours practice jumping from the door. He got my attention and I didn't do that again. Don't think they can touch you now. SMH.

I'll bet your Soldier payed attention from then on!
We called it wall-to-wall counseling, but yeah, sadly it's a thing of the past.... for the most part. It's all paperwork now. I would rather get smoked than get wrote up.

Reactions: VolnGermany
Pruitt cannot continue to make these overly physical, coach-player contacts, dead in front of national television, and not expect to receive a due amount of negative press, well deserved.
Just as a reminder to your and all the other Snowflakes, (especially since the JJ play with Vandy)
The Shamburger situation seemed not to be "world shaking" or make a difference except your and other snowflakes. If you look at the end of that video, he was saying "yes sir" to Pruitt. Then, came back to have a good game against Vandy.

Go join another bosrd!!!

VN Store

Back