Pruitt, Fulmer, Helton and Friend Visit Cade Mays

Welcome to the new world on Volnation! As Fulmer is now AD, if you say anything critical of anything related to football you are labeled a troll by many of the same folks who where critical of Jones, Hart and Currie.

Some who apparently were not satisfied with what they labeled mediocrity when the last regime was in charge are now embracing it as the norm with the new regime.

I did not expect us to hold onto the top 10 class with a change in the coach unless we ended up with a home rune hire - we didn't. I did not expect us to bottom out either - which is what seems to be happening. Maybe they can save face by the traditional signing period. But who knows. I had hoped that keeping Gillespie would help but so far it doesn't appear to be.

This early signing is being overhyped. I expect to see many big names sign early, but many great 3-4 stars will wait. Be patient. A few mediocre commits can change a class by 10 spots. I’d bet we salvage a 25-30 class come normal signing period.

This early signing is being overhyped. I expect to see many big names sign early, but many great 3-4 stars will wait. Be patient. A few mediocre commits can change a class by 10 spots. I’d bet we salvage a 25-30 class come normal signing period.

I don't understand why a 5 star would commit early. They have offers from schools all over the country and can milk their fame for another month or so!

The only possible reason is that they're stressed with the whole process. Anything can happen between now and signing day, and they are contractually stuck.

I don't understand why a 5 star would commit early. They have offers from schools all over the country and can milk their fame for another month or so!

The only possible reason is that they're stressed with the whole process. Anything can happen between now and signing day, and they are contractually stuck.
I agree. I honestly don't get why any 5 star would sign before seeing how recruiting classes are shaping up.

Reactions: 1 person

ROFL

Sign early with Clemson.

Bama wins.

Saban retires.

Dabo bolts at Mama's call.

Hypothetical at best but you are so right.

I can't wait for football season so we can go back to hurling childish insults at Georgia fans instead of back and forth toward each other.

Reactions: 2 people
It is not just the record. It is the change in staff as well. Too much is unknown right now.

It is not like with Jones where at least there was a past as a HC for recruits to evaluate.

It made little difference for him too. He started with a 21st ranked class.

I wished everyone would stop worrying about Cade Mays. His dad was only an average player at best here. I doubt his son will be any better so it's fine if he goes to Georgia.

Reactions: 4 people
The young man will rapidly find out UGA got the #1 OL in the nation who is from Georgia by the way who they coveted. Don't get me wrong, they wanted Mays. but he is nothing special to UGA, they aren't mentioning him like the other kid here on ATL radio.

The young man will rapidly find out UGA got the #1 OL in the nation who is from Georgia by the way who they coveted. Don't get me wrong, they wanted Mays. but he is nothing special to UGA, they aren't mentioning him like the other kid here on ATL radio.

Welcome Cade, to being an average fish in a large pond.

Reactions: 3 people
I wished everyone would stop worrying about Cade Mays. His dad was only an average player at best here. I doubt his son will be any better so it's fine if he goes to Georgia.

Keep telling yourself that. It won't change anything.

Keep telling yourself that. It won't change anything.

I’ve never seen the kid play but many that have say he’s not that impressive and don’t see the hype. I played OL in school, and had small offers to Cumberland, Emory, etc. I wasn’t tall enough to be recruited by a major school at that position, and my HS being atrocious didn’t help any either. I played catholic twice in HS, and have seen their dominating lineman first hand. Maybe his tape says otherwise but this kids appearance doesn’t scream dominating SEC lineman. I get that he’s young but he looks like a tall tub of goo. Either way, good luck to the young man. I think we will be fine.

I’ve never seen the kid play but many that have say he’s not that impressive and don’t see the hype. I played OL in school, and had small offers to Cumberland, Emory, etc. I wasn’t tall enough to be recruited by a major school at that position, and my HS being atrocious didn’t help any either. I played catholic twice in HS, and have seen their dominating lineman first hand. Maybe his tape says otherwise but this kids appearance doesn’t scream dominating SEC lineman. I get that he’s young but he looks like a tall tub of goo. Either way, good luck to the young man. I think we will be fine.

And If he'd signed with UT............?

Reactions: 4 people
It's not so hard to push around 200-220 lb line if you are his size. I saw it for a fact. Will be different with big boys.......

Reactions: 2 people

All of you that are bashing Cade for not signing with Tennessee do realize that he has a younger brother that many think will be even better than Cade???????

VN Store

Back