Pruitt commits minor violation

I can’t remember the whole story but, 10 years ago or so, Boise State had to report a violation because a player’s parent was stationed in GA and a UGA Alumni group paid for him to come watch his son play in Sanford Stadium.

Reactions: AM64
The biggest screw up the NCAA has ever been involved with was the Miami fiasco. They probably should have gotten the max penalty allowed. Instead they get out of it almost unscathed. The NCAA is a complete joke.

Last edited:
So he can't congratulate his former HS yet how many players and their families are being "compensated" for picking certain schools?

Lol. Minor violations happen every year at every program. If you don’t have minor violations most likely your compliance department isn’t doing their job. As long as you’re not committing the same minor violations again and again, it’s a wrist slap. Hell I would argue the Fulmer violation last year may have been intentional to generate some press.

Amen on the NCAA being a joke...North Carolina violated for years on classes for basketball and should have received serious penalties....no penalties, so the NCAA is a joke.

The NCAA didn't know HOW to handle a matter as serious and far-reaching as the North Carolina bogus class issue, so they chose to (basically) ignore it. They're most comfortable picking nits over matters like barbecues and congratulatory phone calls to old friends. You know, the truly egregious stuff.

The tweet was self reported. If we didn't tell the NCAA they never would have gave a **** about it. Y'all are bitching about the NCAA when they had nothing to do with it. The only reason they reported it I'm sure is that the more you self report the more compliant you look.

As for the coach driving the kids family... That is an actual minor violation and I'm sure that's the reason for the 4 days being taken.

"In the mix" dont mean **** if they dont sign with us. Its one thing to be interested. You gotta close the deal.

Guess a lot of schools are stinking at recruiting then.... considering a lot of schools still have kids waiting to visit other schools etc before they commit.... also, doesn’t really matter who any of these kids are committed to until they actually sign on either the “Early Signing Period” or “National Signing Day” so your argument is null and void.

Closing the deal would be “signing their name on the dotted line” commits honestly mean nothing.

Guess a lot of schools are stinking at recruiting then.... considering a lot of schools still have kids waiting to visit other schools etc before they commit.... also, doesn’t really matter who any of these kids are committed to until they actually sign on either the “Early Signing Period” or “National Signing Day” so your argument is null and void.

Closing the deal would be “signing their name on the dotted line” commits honestly mean nothing.

I never bother with recruiting stories (apparently they are for idle writers and minds during off season), and never understood the fascination that adults have with what an immature teen legend in his own mind might or might not do. You are exactly right; nothing matters until the documents are signed ... then you get a chance to find out if you bought a diamond or a piece of glass ... we've seen enough over the years to know that recruiting stars don't necessarily mean much.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

VN Store

Back