Pruitt calls out Tennessee's O-line, demands summer step-up

Excited that Chaney is known for a quick pass offensive scheme. This should force JG to work on improving his pre-snap reads and take a lot of pressure off of the o-line by getting the ball out of his hands quicker.

I think we see improvement this year. Sure, if we are just dropping back and holding on to the ball, he will get destroyed, because our o-line isn't going to be able to hold blocks that long. It isn't "JG is the problem" or the "offensive line is the problem". It's a mix of both. But it's mostly on the o-line I will admit. 70% of the issue is the o-line, 30% of the issue is JG needing to read defenses better. Quick passes should be able to help both out. Still may not turn it around a 100% like we want, but it shouldn't be as horrid as last year.

Idk why it auto corrected to boys line coach but clearly we talking football and talking about the oline. But hey if that's all you got to say then stay salty
Does your autocorrect also **** up your ability to recognize what “salty” looks like? 😎

After reading the article about Butch Jones with the comments from Kongbo, it makes me look at this a bit different. As a matter of fact, it makes me rethink a lot of threads. Especially the ones where we were sayings kids were a bust.

KB what is there to hate on??????? He's literally thrown 20 tds over 2 seasons.
You complain and get depressed about how bad Tennessee Football is yet you want to SUPPORT one of the main reasons for the current state of affairs??

I promise I won't rub it your face when Maurer wins games for us in 2019. Just so long as you cheer for him!!
Your guy has thrown 25 interceptions at the high school level while JG threw those 20 college TDs. He'll never beat out JG the next 2 years and very unlikely he beats Bailey out in 21.

Trey Smith 5 star
Wanya Morris 5 star
Darnell Wright 5 star
R Johnson 4 star
N Niehulus 4 star
M Tatum highly recruited 3 star
Question; Did the O-line look so bad when Maurer was in??
O-line is not nearly as bad as it seemed the past 2 years. Dlinemnen just pin their ears back on JG because he doesnt scramble and he holds the ball too long. Why is he holding it so long? Because he isn't processing the play fast enough. The opponent knows this and so does our O-line. Understand that anytime JG takes the field, the offense as a whole does not feel like they can score easily. None of them believe in him.
Another bs take. Pretty sure none believe in you.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Guarantano won’t last another whole season. Pruitt needs to open the QB competition to see who might give us the best chance to win games. If JG starts all season we won’t win but 6 maybe 7. If Maurer is given a shot or a other back up comes up and shines we might win 7-8 if we got lucky. The OL has to vastly improve this summer or the seat is gonna start warming up in 2020....
Terrible take

Trey Smith 5 star
Wanya Morris 5 star
Darnell Wright 5 star
R Johnson 4 star
N Niehulus 4 star
M Tatum highly recruited 3 star
Question; Did the O-line look so bad when Maurer was in??
O-line is not nearly as bad as it seemed the past 2 years. Dlinemnen just pin their ears back on JG because he doesnt scramble and he holds the ball too long. Why is he holding it so long? Because he isn't processing the play fast enough. The opponent knows this and so does our O-line. Understand that anytime JG takes the field, the offense as a whole does not feel like they can score easily. None of them believe in him.

I agree with what you are saying but you need to take Johnson and Tatum off your list of SEC quality players.

I agree with what you are saying but you need to take Johnson and Tatum off your list of SEC quality players.

Considering our best olineman will probably never play again, Wright isn't on campus yet, and Morris is just a freshman, it only leaves a couple four stars and a bunch of three stars. You cannot beat the likes of Alabama, Georgia, or LSU with that type of talent without some players severely over-performing their potential. We haven't had many of those lately.

VN Store

Back