Pruitt Approval Rating

How has your approval rating for Pruitt changed from his hire date until now? How has it changed fro

• Total voters
I saw the hire as a 6.5 out of 10 based mostly on all the praise he was getting from other SEC coaches when hired. I'm at a 4 out of 10. Equal to my thoughts when I felt like Butch needed to go. But, I think we have to give him at least 3 more years assuming decent recruiting and no total collapse. We can't keep firing our coaches after 4 years or so.

What’s the point of firing him? We will just be up against the wall financially and go to the bargain bin for another coach and do the same song & dance all over again. Just let him pull this same junk and continue to fail until 2025 and let the contract die out. Continuing the same cycle we’ve been doing for a decade is the definition of insanity. Plus we are getting a bad reputation of being a place where coaching careers go to die. Just prove to a future coach that we will give you PLENTY of time and then free ourselves up financially. Until then, enjoy basketball season.

I actually like him better than Dooley or Jones. I knew (rationally) that it would take some time to assemble a coaching staff and more importantly recruit for him to get our team to improve. If in 2 years we're still getting these results, it may be time to have a hard conversation with him.

I like that we can finally run the ball against quality competition and I think we're 1 solid QB away from a solid SEC East team.....something we haven't been in some time. Across the roster, we look better than we have in some time talent-wise.

I also knew it was his first HC job and he'd make some mistakes....he has. Hopefully, he will learn from them and I think he will.

I would have voted 'fire now', but he ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
Someone needs to get his attention.
This is unacceptable for year 3.
He was brought here to make us competitive with AL, GA, and FL.
We are NOT!
He needs to earn his money.
Fulmer should be holding him accountable instead of giving him a raise........

He’s terrible. He complains about how none of our young QBs can take JGs spot because they haven’t had enough experience in either practice or in live game reps, yet we were down 42-10 in the 3rd quarter and instead of getting Maurer and HB prime live reps against good competition playing at half speed Pruitt decides to keep JG in almost the entire rest of the game.

He’s lost me. You can’t keep moaning about how there isn’t time to get a new QB ready and then give your QBs the middle finger at prime garbage time reps.

He’ll trot JG out there the rest of the year, lose games, and then complain next year about how Bailey isn’t very good because he just hasn’t had experience and needs more reps. It’s STUPID.

If I believed there was any chance of us hiring a winner I would choose "Fire Now" but we won't do that. Not the Tennessee Way.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I actually like him better than Dooley or Jones. I knew (rationally) that it would take some time to assemble a coaching staff and more importantly recruit for him to get our team to improve. If in 2 years we're still getting these results, it may be time to have a hard conversation with him.

I like that we can finally run the ball against quality competition and I think we're 1 solid QB away from a solid SEC East team.....something we haven't been in some time. Across the roster, we look better than we have in some time talent-wise.

I also knew it was his first HC job and he'd make some mistakes....he has. Hopefully, he will learn from them and I think he will.
His coaching staff this year is nowhere as good as his coaching staff last year...LB play has suffered tremendously and is that because we lost Daniel Bituli or is it the 2 new LB coaches?? I'm hoping that S&C will hold up, but we lost a good one in Fitzgerald, so time will tell...

Reserving judgement. I believe Pruitt is one of the few who understands what it takes to assemble and coach a serious SEC defense. This cannot be discounted if we want SEC titles. Yet, there is an obvious lack of offensive imagination, creative play calling or willingness to change. Like everyone, I'm alarmed that Pruitt keeps tying this offense to a three-legged mule at QB. Pruitt better get out of the way and allow someone to get that offense firing on all cylinders or he is in danger of losing the team.

VN Store

Back