Pruitt Approval Rating

How has your approval rating for Pruitt changed from his hire date until now? How has it changed fro

• Total voters
Pruitt is on borrowed time, the extension was a mistake and in 2 year we will be looking for a new coach. He should be fired this year but due to financial issues he won't. The absolute best we can hope for is he takes a DC job in the NFL or something.
You do realize that firing coaches every 3 years is a problem right?

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I said decreasing. It would have been unacceptable under normal circumstances, but I have zero faith in the administration to pull off another, better hire. I think he is the best we are going to get....definitely for the next two years and possibly longer.

The only coach fired after 3 years was Dooley. Should he have been kept longer? If Butch was fired after 3 years we wouldn’t be in this problem. That 2015/16 squad was stacked, a plethora of coaches would’ve jumped at the bit to coach them.

No excuses for Pruitt...He doesn't need any.....
We have one bad loss---to KY....

Other than that, we're on track in an ABSOLUTELY CRAZY YEAR!!

JG is below average for the SEC...and except for Vandy & Miss. State--the WORST QB in the League!
Our OL isn't as good as we thought they were...

And CHANEY is the most over-rated, overpaid, PREDICTABLE excuse for a SEC OC I've ever seen!!
He hasn't gotten Velus Jones involved in the offensive production; has forgotten that we actually DO HAVE A TE; and seems oblivious to the fact that counters and some bootleg action actually WORKS against aggressive, over-pursuing defenses.

CJP is NOT the problem here...Let's see how the season plays out.

I personally like our chances to finish at 6-4...but to do that we'll need MUCH BETTER Offensive game plans and performance from the QB position.

GO VOLS!

Refusing to fire his buddy Will Friend and Weinke will cost Pruitt his job. Both obviously suck. To have 3/4 5 stars and 1/2 4 stars on the line, they aren’t improving and are far from dominating. The QB’s, well, if JG is our best after 2.5 years of Weinke coaching them then he’s a horrible QB coach. I’m sick of Pruitt’s excuses.

It’s obvious Pruitt is learning on the job While he certainly learned from the best under Saban, I wonder if he is having trouble finding his own path, and instead tries to be Saban 2. It’s a great idea to learn from one’s mentors, but it seems to me you need to take those valuable lessons and adopt them to your own style. I wonder if CJP struggles with doing so.

So keep a guy who isn't getting it done beyond 3 years... why? FTR, Jones got 5 years and the last two were a mistake. He benefited from some legacies and homers in his first couple of classes that made him look much better than he ever was. There should have been no doubt after year 3 that he was not the guy. Recruiting was already falling off. He left multiple wins on the field for identifiable reasons- poor development, poor game management, flawed coaching philosophy, badly misguided ideas on S&C....

But for the sake of "stability"... he was kept. And the roster fell off which not only discouraged guys with better resumes... it left Pruitt in a talent and development hole.

I believe Pruitt is actually a good coach of the game... the fundamentals. So I've been more forgiving with him. But his management of the QB position and leadership of his staff need to be fixed pronto. Tolerating JG while losing to GSU and BYU... then seeming to "learn the lesson" is OK. Repeating that same mistake... is not OK.

I am not seeing many Pruitt Apologists tonight. Where are they?
I think it is virtually impossible to defend staying with JG. I have zero defense for it. I understood starting the year with him. Even after the first two games, but the wheels have come off the bus. I just don't get it. Good coaches make the hard decisions and plenty of people will argue this is an easy decision.

So keep a guy who isn't getting it done beyond 3 years... why? FTR, Jones got 5 years and the last two were a mistake. He benefited from some legacies and homers in his first couple of classes that made him look much better than he ever was. There should have been no doubt after year 3 that he was not the guy. Recruiting was already falling off. He left multiple wins on the field for identifiable reasons- poor development, poor game management, flawed coaching philosophy, badly misguided ideas on S&C....

But for the sake of "stability"... he was kept. And the roster fell off which not only discouraged guys with better resumes... it left Pruitt in a talent and development hole.

I believe Pruitt is actually a good coach of the game... the fundamentals. So I've been more forgiving with him. But his management of the QB position and leadership of his staff need to be fixed pronto. Tolerating JG while losing to GSU and BYU... then seeming to "learn the lesson" is OK. Repeating that same mistake... is not OK.

I'm positive if you would only sent Fulmer you CV Pruitt would be replaced prior to Arkansas.

It’s obvious Pruitt is learning on the job While he certainly learned from the best under Saban, I wonder if he is having trouble finding his own path, and instead tries to be Saban 2. It’s a great idea to learn from one’s mentors, but it seems to me you need to take those valuable lessons and adopt them to your own style. I wonder if CJP struggles with doing so.
Pruitt's style is coaching hand placement and how to turn your hips. He has zero identity as a HC.

VN Store

Back