Pruitt and Vandy

Might as well brace ourselves, Vanderbilt will beat us by at least 2 touchdowns this coming Saturday. Let's face it, we can't block and we can't tackle, which makes it difficult to win ANY football game. Auburn and KY were lucky wins. Our DB's , are slow and weak, and Shurmer will have a Heisman type day against them next week. Vandy's D line will knock Chryst out of the game and we'll end up playing either a true freshman QB or one that hasn't even taken a snap all year. Brace yourself, put your cup on, it's going to be ugly.

No win in football is "lucky." We out played both Kentucky and Auburn. Its incredible to me how Vandy suddenly became unbeatable overnight!

We play well against bad QB’s. Vandy has a senior who we have made look like a heisman. Not a good mix
Yuge advantage to Vandy at the QB spot... he is a good one, much like Lock. Unless we can blitz 4 qtrs Vandy will put 30 on the board.

No win in football is "lucky." We out played both Kentucky and Auburn. Its incredible to me how Vandy suddenly became unbeatable overnight!
Vandy had Mizzou beat last week and let it slip away. We weren't even competitive with Mizzou. Don't like our chances , especially since Vandy has a good QB and our defense doesn't have a clue when they play against " balanced" offenses.

Pruitt hasn't been able to get any fire out of most of the defense, they're physically soft, and all of them can't seem to tackle at a fundamental collegiate level.

We might pull off a win if the offense can actually get something going, but there's no reason to expect to win this game considering the way Vanderbilt has played this season.

Auburn and KY were lucky wins.
I don't think that's a fair characterization. This year we match up better with teams that are defense oriented, with lackluster (or at least largely one dimensional) offenses that can be counted on to stop themselves a pretty good bit. If we can protect the football, and not fall too far behind, we can beat such teams. However, we are just not equipped to win shootouts with our offensive line. Our offensive line is too weak to protect adequately for a consistent downfield passing game. Teams with good offenses that can be expected to put up a good many points, we have to play dang perfect to even have a chance to hang with them. Auburn and Kentucky fall in that first category. To a lesser degree Florida and South Carolina are also in that category, which is why those losses were so painful because the self inflicted wounds really did us in. Alabama, West Virginia, Georgia, and Missouri all fall in the latter category, we just don't have the firepower to beat those teams this year. Vandy, hell they are kind of an in between, they've shown some balance, and they have a good quarterback, they are closer to the second category team than the first, but their offense isn't as potent. We've got a chance but we'll need to play well, not turn the ball over, and not get behind. It's important that we play well early and get the game into the 4th quarter, can't let them jump out to a lead where we have to try to throw our way back in it because it ain't gonna happen. Sounds simple, but it's true. Also, even if we finish 5-7, which I think is at least a 50/50, we improved over last year. We won two SEC games, played a much better OOC opponent, and every team in the East is better than it was last year (with the exception of Georgia, who I think is worse but still much better than everyone else). I think the mistake we as fans make is after a win we envision a straight up trajectory, and after a loss we see a straight down. It's going to be a lot more bumpy than that. We have a long way back.

Reactions: MAUSERWERKE
Might as well brace ourselves, Vanderbilt will beat us by at least 2 touchdowns this coming Saturday. Let's face it, we can't block and we can't tackle, which makes it difficult to win ANY football game. Auburn and KY were lucky wins. Our DB's , are slow and weak, and Shurmer will have a Heisman type day against them next week. Vandy's D line will knock Chryst out of the game and we'll end up playing either a true freshman QB or one that hasn't even taken a snap all year. Brace yourself, put your cup on, it's going to be ugly.
IMG_6716.JPG

Reactions: TrentVol
It is going to be ugly BUT it's way to early to jump on the "Fahr CJP" train IMO. Yes it will be a cup check IMO. I hate it but past performance is what you must use for future projections. After the WVU game I only saw 3 wins so we've exceeded where I thought we'd be.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on here

Aub was a lucky win. If their WR don’t drop that pass with about 6 min left, they do exactly to Tennessee what they did to aTm. Aub beats Tenn 9 X out of 10. Ky is a different story. I still don’t know how they won 8 games.

going into Saturday my stance all along was that Missouri was a team that we don't match up well with. We just don't. Vanderbilt.....the matchup is some better. Not great, not ideal, but better. The concerning things to me:

Senior Day at Vanderbilt. Apparently everywhere but Knoxville the team puts forth a special effort on Senior Day to send their Seniors off on a high note.
Vanderbilt's current record is 5-6... this means the winner of this game goes to a bowl, loser stays home. Vanderbilt is fighting for their bowl lives too.
Vanderbilt knows they can beat us. They've won the last two matchups. We have zero intimidation factor.

Vanderbilt's walking into this game with all kinds of things to play for. We are too, but we desperately needed Vandy to lose to Ole Miss just to dull their stinger a bit. Instead it's now sharpened. Atleast we play better on the road than we do at home, that seems to be the one consistent thread of the season.

Aub was a lucky win. If their WR don’t drop that pass with about 6 min left, they do exactly to Tennessee what they did to aTm. Aub beats Tenn 9 X out of 10. Ky is a different story. I still don’t know how they won 8 games.
And if Clint Stoerner doesn't stumble and fumble. And if we don't get the PI against Syracuse. And if Leonard Little doesn't strip sack Freddie Kitchens at the end of the 96 Alabama game.

We made enough plays to win the Auburn game. That's all that matters

Ah so we beat 2 ranked teams but it was luck. Only Vol fans can be this stupid.

And if Clint Stoerner doesn't stumble and fumble. And if we don't get the PI against Syracuse. And if Leonard Little doesn't strip sack Freddie Kitchens at the end of the 96 Alabama game.

We made enough plays to win the Auburn game. That's all that matters

Stoerner stumbled cause the Billy Ratliff knocked his man into Stoerner causing him to stumble. One of the greatest effort plays in Tennessee football history and our “fans” claim luck. Good grief.

PI is PI regardless when it’s called and it WAS PI.

And Little did strip sack Fat Freddie. Is that luck? Little made a hell of a lot of sacks and would have owned the record if Chief hadn’t moved him to MLB. Still one of the dumbest moves ever on the Hill.

Now, what did Vols do to cause the Aub WR to drop the ball? Nothing! The defender was 10 yards behind him? Do you see the difference? Maybe not. Some people can’t.

Reactions: TNnative
Stoerner stumbled cause the Billy Ratliff knocked his man into Stoerner causing him to stumble. One of the greatest effort plays in Tennessee football history and our “fans” claim luck. Good grief.

PI is PI regardless when it’s called and it WAS PI.

And Little did strip sack Fat Freddie. Is that luck? Little made a hell of a lot of sacks and would have owned the record if Chief hadn’t moved him to MLB. Still one of the dumbest moves ever on the Hill.

Now, what did Vols do to cause the Aub WR to drop the ball? Nothing! The defender was 10 yards behind him? Do you see the difference? Maybe not. Some people can’t.
What about the other 153 plays in the game? We're they all pure luck?

I'm just a sucker for the Vols....il be pulling for a win by any means necessary. Hope the O can get something going so the D isn't on he field all day.

Sure never thought I would see the day when the Vols were dogs to both Kensucky and Vandy in the same year. Vandy is a fairly well balanced team and will most likely put another 50 on the board. I don't like our chances.

Reactions: TrentVol

VN Store

Back