Proof that Wikipedia hates Tennessee

TennesseeTarheel

Sorry, but, this IS my day job.
I was browsing Coach Heupel's Wiki page and I noticed that his height (6'2") and weight (265#) were included in his profile. I thought "Dang, that's pretty heavy for a quarterback!". Then I realized that it must be his current weight. And, I don't recall a person's weight being included in a subject's profile before (unless it was pertinent to their story). I wondered " How do they know his weight, anyway?"

So, then I looked up Nick Saban - no weight! Kirby Smart - no weight! Jeremy Pruitt - no weight!

I think they just don't like us.

Might want to look into who can edit Wikipedia pages.

I agree

Wikipedia is like the encyclopedia of today. Like the Mayo Clinic of general knowledge.

If it’s on Wiki you can feel confident it’s true. Great source material for college students…….professors will know you care about accuracy.

You’d know they don’t like Saban or Bama if they listed his height 🤷🏻
I got it... Satan - 4' 2" and Kirby Dumb - 126' (not to scale. 1' = .00001"). Pruitt - -6'0" (under bc he's dead to me) and CJH - about 25' taller than Godzilla. Yeah somebody update Wikipedia...

Reactions: Vol737
I agree

Wikipedia is like the encyclopedia of today. Like the Mayo Clinic of general knowledge.

If it’s on Wiki you can feel confident it’s true. Great source material for college students…….professors will know you care about accuracy.

I think you forgot to use blue font

Doubt Heupel really cares what’s on his Wikipedia page or what anyone other than the players and staff think of him.

Now we can all say with certainty that Butch Jones would look at and edit his wikipedia page 3-4 times a day

I was browsing Coach Heupel's Wiki page and I noticed that his height (6'2") and weight (265#) were included in his profile. I thought "Dang, that's pretty heavy for a quarterback!". Then I realized that it must be his current weight. And, I don't recall a person's weight being included in a subject's profile before (unless it was pertinent to their story). I wondered " How do they know his weight, anyway?"

So, then I looked up Nick Saban - no weight! Kirby Smart - no weight! Jeremy Pruitt - no weight!

I think they just don't like us.

Paranoid Personality Disorder (PPD): Symptoms & Treatment

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
ESPN owns Wikipedia, so what do you expect? Chris Fowler is in charge of coaches' bios.
ESPN doesn’t own Wikipedia. It’s owned by the Wikimedia Foundation, a 501(c)3. It’s largely funded via donations.

Also Wikipedia is edited by its users. I removed the height and weight stats, we shall see whether someone else adds them back.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckInAPen

VN Store

Back