Problems at Fullback

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Looks like Will Reville is no longer going to be with the team. I heard today that he had some academic issues and had lost his desire to play on the team. That's really too bad. He was our only experienced FB and now leaves us with no one at that position. Corey Anderson has been getting some looks at the position and David Holbert could help a little but it's hard to expect much out of an incoming Freshman that is not even with the team. Should be interesting.

I'd rather have someone new with a desire to play and a hunger to win than a senior who could care less. That's not to be taken as a slam at your post either, Freak. I think if we are ever going to return to our past glory, it is time to separate the men from the boys and give the positions to the ones who really want them. Mediocrity is starting to get old. Real old.

I agree with you it's just that it will be hard for someone to get here in the fall and be ready to go that quickly. They will have to find someone to fill that position. It could be someone listed as a TE since we really use them as blockers anyway. At least we do have time since it's only spring. The problem is that whoever ends up playing that position will not have any game experience at FB.

"Revill, a junior projected to succeed Troy Fleming as the starter next fall, left the team to concentrate on other areas of his life, Fulmer said, indicating Revill is active in the ministry. "

I take back my earlier, snide remarks. :worship:

At least Revill made his decision in the spring, so there's time to explore other options. Maybe this will be what finally pushes Jabari Davis into full time duty at fullback.

It seems to me that these players would WANT to be starters, no matter WHAT position they play. I KNOW fullback isn't really one of the "glory positions" , but hey, they DO play. :dunno:

Originally posted by GAVol@Mar 26, 2004 12:48 PM
At least Revill made his decision in the spring, so there's time to explore other options. Maybe this will be what finally pushes Jabari Davis into full time duty at fullback.

I don't know. You would think so, but I saw a quote from Fulmer the other day and he said that is not an option.

VN Store

Back