Printed tickets and screenshots of ticket won’t work at Neyland this year

Yes. We picked them up a few years ago when my son started playing
Go Bolts!! It's been a fun ride the past 3 yrs. Went to game 6 of the SCF this yr and that was a bummer. I worry about losing Palat and McDonagh, but the core is still there so hopefully we can keep it going.

Go Bolts!! It's been a fun ride the past 3 yrs. Went to game 6 of the SCF this yr and that was a bummer. I worry about losing Palat and McDonagh, but the core is still there so hopefully we can keep it going.
Loved Palat. We went to a couple of games but usually had to leave early with my son. Although we had so much fun my wife wants to go now. My son set off the tesla coil for pregame, got on the jumbotron and met thunderbug all in his first game. I'm screwed trying to follow it up

Reactions: tntar heel
I was told this in January when expressing the constant trouble with trying to post tickets thru the other ticket company.

it was awful. i had to open a desktop view browser on phone to change or upload any, most of the time. vivid was fine as a buyer, but sh*t for sellers

Reactions: CPA and JacketVol
I've seen this mentioned several times. Yes, they can and should improve wi-fi, but a lot of that energy needs to be directed toward Verizon.

That's the largest carrier in this area by far, yet their capacity is horrendous. Their system struggles in any area of town with a large number of people, and its gotten worse over the last couple of years. Put 100k phones on campus, and it becomes essentially unusable.

Add to that, download the tickets at almost any time other than walking to the gate, and you'll be fine.

VZW has neglected this area for years. I finally switched to AT&T last month after 15+ years with VZW. I pick up spots now where it was minimal to no coverage with VZW. Most everyone around me at neyland would be able to have SOME cell service while i couldn't even send a txt for a game where we only had 75k fans

Reactions: kcvols1
VZW has neglected this area for years. I finally switched to AT&T last month after 15+ years with VZW. I pick up spots now where it was minimal to no coverage with VZW. Most everyone around me at neyland would be able to have SOME cell service while i couldn't even send a txt for a game where we only had 75k fans
I can attest to this. Had Verizon forever and was lucky to send a text anywhere within a mile of Neyland...switched to AT&T a few years ago and can make calls, check other scores, stream video, etc.

Reactions: mrredskin
Just sold some concert tickets on Ticketmaster.

FYI, if you sell tickets online you're now required to provide them your social security number before getting paid as they have to issue a 1099 at the end of the year for all ticket resales.

Last edited:
I've seen this mentioned several times. Yes, they can and should improve wi-fi, but a lot of that energy needs to be directed toward Verizon.

That's the largest carrier in this area by far, yet their capacity is horrendous. Their system struggles in any area of town with a large number of people, and its gotten worse over the last couple of years. Put 100k phones on campus, and it becomes essentially unusable.

Add to that, download the tickets at almost any time other than walking to the gate, and you'll be fine.
Verizon is terrible in our area.

I think once you see the process, you'll be OK with it. When the Braves started this a couple of years ago, that was exactly my concern since I was giving away a bunch of tickets to folks with varying levels of technological aptitude, but it really hasn't been a problem.
One of the guys I let have some of my tickets doesn't have an email address. This can be a real problem an is only one of my concerns.

I’m curious why you would think Tennessee would want to stop the “gray market” as you call it. At that point, Tennessee has already sold the ticket, they are making as much money on it if it’s re-sold as they did originally.

It’s about two things: bringing Tennessee in line with what literally every other venue across the country in college and professional sports is doing, and preventing fraud.

I still fail to understand the weak service argument. You download the tickets before you ever come to the venue. If you are bringing three people with you, go ahead and transfer the tickets to them before you ever leave. It’s easiest when everyone holds their own ticket anyway.
Not many games are sold out anymore. If the univ. hinders gray market sales, many will be forced to buy unsold seats from the univ, which are often nosebleeds for full price. The other seats sit empty, and UT sells more seats. Hey, it's a smart move for revenue.

Let's say I go to the game and a friend wants to go last minute but I don't have an extra. We get there 30 min to KO, and find a seller outside gate 21, but the cell service doesn't allow transfer from the nice man offering his extra X2 dry seat at $20. Sorry, no can do, so Bill heads over to the UT counter to buy a full price in MM, row 23, AND misses the pregame.

I just want the paper option for ME and my family and I'm willing to pay a premium for that privilege. I don't care what anyone else wants to do. If you want to get a "Not Sure" bar code ticket on your arm, I'm all for it. Again, we can disagree with no hard feelings.

I can attest to this. Had Verizon forever and was lucky to send a text anywhere within a mile of Neyland...switched to AT&T a few years ago and can make calls, check other scores, stream video, etc.

GUYS SHUT UP! Don't let them know! (I'm only half kidding)

Made the same switch from VZW. TMobile is iffy outside of town, but was an absolute firehose inside Neyland. AT&T now, and it works fine inside the stadium.

Although honestly, I hope a lot of people don't find that out...

GUYS SHUT UP! Don't let them know! (I'm only half kidding)

Made the same switch from VZW. TMobile is iffy outside of town, but was an absolute firehose inside Neyland. AT&T now, and it works fine inside the stadium.

Although honestly, I hope a lot of people don't find that out...

ha! there are too many others (like I was for years) that just accepted it.

I’m curious why you would think Tennessee would want to stop the “gray market” as you call it. At that point, Tennessee has already sold the ticket, they are making as much money on it if it’s re-sold as they did originally.

It’s about two things: bringing Tennessee in line with what literally every other venue across the country in college and professional sports is doing, and preventing fraud.

I still fail to understand the weak service argument. You download the tickets before you ever come to the venue. If you are bringing three people with you, go ahead and transfer the tickets to them before you ever leave. It’s easiest when everyone holds their own ticket anyway.
Deerpark, we have been trying all day, android phones. Finally got into Tennessee athletics app, instructions sent via email by UT did not work, not surprised, but we did finally get the app downloaded. Tried to save tickets to phone, now get a barcode with a blue line running back and forth through it. Saved tickets to googlepay, said got to googlepay. Did that and it looked like tickets were there, all but Ball State which were done first and never showed up. Go through googlepay and can not find tickets. Go back to TN athletic app and can get back to bar code with blue line. Called. Told not know what going on, don’t know why blue line, don’t know why not able to get to through googlepay, but don’t worry. Everything will be fine on game day. Worst case scenario is if it doesn’t work we will have to go to will call, stand in line, get printed ticket, go back to original gate, get in. Experience with anything UT tries to do electronically is it will not work and we will miss half the game after walking a lot farther and a lot of time. Do you have any words of wisdom? And what about not able to get on googlepay and trying to download at the stadium? That will probably be system overload. This is a nightmare. We have done the same thing and gotten different results; it has been a lot worse and more convoluted than what I have typed.

Reactions: tbwhhs
This also makes selling my tickets a bigger pain in the ass. To go along with trying to keep my 2012 model phone charged all day so I can get into the games I attend.

Deerpark, we have been trying all day, android phones. Finally got into Tennessee athletics app, instructions sent via email by UT did not work, not surprised, but we did finally get the app downloaded. Tried to save tickets to phone, now get a barcode with a blue line running back and forth through it. Saved tickets to googlepay, said got to googlepay. Did that and it looked like tickets were there, all but Ball State which were done first and never showed up. Go through googlepay and can not find tickets. Go back to TN athletic app and can get back to bar code with blue line. Called. Told not know what going on, don’t know why blue line, don’t know why not able to get to through googlepay, but don’t worry. Everything will be fine on game day. Worst case scenario is if it doesn’t work we will have to go to will call, stand in line, get printed ticket, go back to original gate, get in. Experience with anything UT tries to do electronically is it will not work and we will miss half the game after walking a lot farther and a lot of time. Do you have any words of wisdom? And what about not able to get on googlepay and trying to download at the stadium? That will probably be system overload. This is a nightmare. We have done the same thing and gotten different results; it has been a lot worse and more convoluted than what I have typed.
Try installing the Wallet Passes app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.walletpasses.android&gl=US

I've used it on my android past few years and it's less buggy and needs less permissions than Google Pay.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I also had trouble seeing the tickets in wallet until used Google email address not Hotmail address. This is not a problem with Titans tickets because their wifi is fantastic and they can scan barcodes from Titans app and Google wallet not needed. Since UT cannot guarantee their WiFi service outside the stadium, they want you to move tickets to wallet since WiFi connection not required for wallet like it is for UT app. Danny White has said WiFi upgrades planned for next year.

I didn't think I had a dog in this fight since I don't buy tickets. However, anyone who thinks digital only is a good idea has never had to help their septigenarian parents figure out how to get them, over the phone from 200 miles away. I may have to make a special trip home just for this.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
I had problems downloading on my I phone. Went to my laptop and it worked out OK. I gave st not worked out how to get tickets to a guy who doesn’t have email. I my have to just let him take my phone to the game and hope he’s gets in. Maybe it will be easier if and when UT can get decent Wi Fi in the future. It seems they are jumping ahead of themselves They should have upgraded WiFi a number of years ago. I bet they could have easily done it last Summer.

I had problems downloading on my I phone. Went to my laptop and it worked out OK. I gave st not worked out how to get tickets to a guy who doesn’t have email. I my have to just let him take my phone to the game and hope he’s gets in. Maybe it will be easier if and when UT can get decent Wi Fi in the future. It seems they are jumping ahead of themselves They should have upgraded WiFi a number of years ago. I bet they could have easily done it last Summer.
I believe a stadium wide wifi upgrade was part of this summers' renovation

Reactions: volfaninky

VN Store

Back