Printed tickets and screenshots of ticket won’t work at Neyland this year

I’m more concerned for our older fan base without a smartphone.

Before I thought printing tickets was the fix, now that doesn’t appear to be the case.

I've got the smartphone!! For me, that's just what it is a PHONE!!! Not a device for transacting business.. (don't know how to use it that way anyhow). It is a fairly good telephone though!

Reactions: tbwhhs
Contacted Vivid customer service and everything was fixed for me in 5 mins.

I hate everything going digital just because, like many of you, I like collecting stubs. I knew it would inevitably happen once NHL teams and other major venues went to this system. On the other hand, it will greatly reduce fake tickets going around as long as everyone understands that screenshots will not work.

You will be able to send the ticket to them electronically so they will have it on their phone.

Just to play devils' advocate: I have heard over the past few years and experienced "overloaded system" problems that have shut down cell service for periods of time. How will or does this effect "thin air transacted business"?

SIAP, just saw this article, if true this is the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard of.

Tennessee Athletics to only accept digital tickets, parking passes starting fall
Maybe we can also have digital sports cards for our favorite players? That way they can change things when a player transfers to a different school and we don't have to waste all that valuable paper and ink? I feel so guilty when I look at my ticket stubs from special games and my card collection from the 60's/70's. How selfish and wasteful of me.

I had to use a digital ticket to enter a high school football game last night. Of course my phone has terrible service around the school, so I had to stand there outside the gate waiting on my phone to load them. With these tickets for TN, are you able to save them to your Google wallet so you don't have to have data service to access them?

I had to use a digital ticket to enter a high school football game last night. Of course my phone has terrible service around the school, so I had to stand there outside the gate waiting on my phone to load them. With these tickets for TN, are you able to save them to your Google wallet so you don't have to have data service to access them?
Good lord that’s starting the season early

Reactions: vfljustin
You mean the fans that sit down the entire game and tell the people in front of them to sit down? You talking about these people?
Yeah, the people who’s dollars made that place into what it is today. The people that are growing old and may not be able to stand anymore but still love their vols.

In July? Never knew high school football was played in July

Saw on the news to put them into the google wallet or apple wallet and make sure phone was fully charged before coming to the game

Reactions: tntar heel
Yeah, the people who’s dollars made that place into what it is today. The people that are growing old and may not be able to stand anymore but still love their vols.

the reason I had to give up my tickets. I was just trying to catch the plays on jumbotron since I couldn't jump up any longer. Had to retire to the house to watch games. That was in 2015.

I've got the smartphone!! For me, that's just what it is a PHONE!!! Not a device for transacting business.. (don't know how to use it that way anyhow). It is a fairly good telephone though!
Thats on you. You have more technology in your 1 hand than they had to land on the moon. Not everyone else's fault you never took the time to learn how to use it. And I don't mean to sound like an *******, I know I dont look forward to getting old.

Someone should start a thread about the pros/cons of standing and sitting during a game. Has that ever happened? 😏

If it is a big time play such as third down for defense or end of game and it is going down, then stand up. If everyone else is standing then you have to stand up. If no one is standing up in front of me, then I will sit down as well. It is an ebb and flow thing. No need to just stand up because you can. At some point, I will stop going except to maybe a game or two as the entire day may get to tiring. Until, then Go Vols.

I find it hard to believe that a screenshot of a digital ticket will not be accepted. Don’t they just scan the barcode?

Neyland has impeccable cellular service for 100k users. Downloading and transferring tickets will be a snap. What could possibly go wrong?

Plan on leaving an extra hour early. The customer service desk (that I was told would be fully manned) WILL be overwhelmed. I was at an away game when a friend's cell phone developed a "ticket download problem". Long way to go for that kind of stress. Two years before that, my phone died (not battery, just died) on an away trip, but I didn't care as I had a hard ticket. People willing to pay more should have the option of printed tickets. I'm just NOT a fan of this.

VN Store

Back