Printed tickets and screenshots of ticket won’t work at Neyland this year

I understand what you say, but that does not address the failure of technology, and/or me selling (or gifting) my ticket to someone outside the stadium with the weak service.

I have been a season ticket holder since 92 and have never cheated anyone with nefarious methods. Besides, I don't think the university is doing this to prevent theft and fraud, near as much as they wish to stop gray market sales outside the venue.

If you think otherwise, I guess we will just disagree with no hard feelings.
So just because you haven't screwed someone over means no one ever has? Got it.

I understand what you say, but that does not address the failure of technology, and/or me selling (or gifting) my ticket to someone outside the stadium with the weak service.

I have been a season ticket holder since 92 and have never cheated anyone with nefarious methods. Besides, I don't think the university is doing this to prevent theft and fraud, near as much as they wish to stop gray market sales outside the venue.

If you think otherwise, I guess we will just disagree with no hard feelings.

I’m curious why you would think Tennessee would want to stop the “gray market” as you call it. At that point, Tennessee has already sold the ticket, they are making as much money on it if it’s re-sold as they did originally.

It’s about two things: bringing Tennessee in line with what literally every other venue across the country in college and professional sports is doing, and preventing fraud.

I still fail to understand the weak service argument. You download the tickets before you ever come to the venue. If you are bringing three people with you, go ahead and transfer the tickets to them before you ever leave. It’s easiest when everyone holds their own ticket anyway.

So.. Is scalping tickets dead now or what?

digital tickets have been around for several years now for many different event types and venues all across the country. Scalpers have not slowed down.. They still scalp tickets.

The only tickets that can't be transferred are player/staff guest tickets. That's an SEC rule to prevent resale of the complimentary player guest tickets.

There will be some UTAD comp tickets that will have this restriction as well to comply with various regulations.

All purchased tickets will be eligible for transfer.

I was told when I renewed this spring that UT was switching to Ticketmaster, the agent on the phone told me to look out for emails from UT that would have TM in the address.

I was told this in January when expressing the constant trouble with trying to post tickets thru the other ticket company.

I cant get the app to work they want you to use. Says doesn't recognize username password for the Allvols account. Anyone else having this happen?

Reactions: Sara Clark
I cant get the app to work they want you to use. Says doesn't recognize username password for the Allvols account. Anyone else having this happen?
Yes, I got the same thing. Then whatever reason, it decided to work all the while giving me the same message, username/password failed.

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
I’m curious why you would think Tennessee would want to stop the “gray market” as you call it. At that point, Tennessee has already sold the ticket, they are making as much money on it if it’s re-sold as they did originally.

It’s about two things: bringing Tennessee in line with what literally every other venue across the country in college and professional sports is doing, and preventing fraud.

I still fail to understand the weak service argument. You download the tickets before you ever come to the venue. If you are bringing three people with you, go ahead and transfer the tickets to them before you ever leave. It’s easiest when everyone holds their own ticket anyway.

I don't understand why you don't understand. I share my tickets with my children, grandchildren. nice and nephews. the range from age 8 to 61 and live in 8 different locations. The decision of who is attending each games is not usually made until med week of the games. When no one can attend a game, I have a number of people in my neighborhood who want the tickets. not all of these people are computer/cell phone literate. It is just easier for me and them to get the paper tickets and leave them in the box outside the house on game days. If I am at home, I can also have the opportunity to see and talk to those who are picking up the tickets. I know there are more opportunities to screw something up and when More people are involved with today's electronic world. That is why we have so many computer consultants who make a fortune correcting people's mistakes and falling for scams etc. In addition, when someone showed up at the game right before kickoff and there is a problem with the tickets, those people may not be able to watch the game. Some for these people drive for 3-6 hours to get to the games and why take the chance of not seeing the game when something goes wrong with the electronics? Give me the paper tickets and eliminate all these potential problems.

Reactions: #1n51&98
I don't understand why you don't understand. I share my tickets with my children, grandchildren. nice and nephews. the range from age 8 to 61 and live in 8 different locations. The decision of who is attending each games is not usually made until med week of the games. When no one can attend a game, I have a number of people in my neighborhood who want the tickets. not all of these people are computer/cell phone literate. It is just easier for me and them to get the paper tickets and leave them in the box outside the house on game days. If I am at home, I can also have the opportunity to see and talk to those who are picking up the tickets. I know there are more opportunities to screw something up and when More people are involved with today's electronic world. That is why we have so many computer consultants who make a fortune correcting people's mistakes and falling for scams etc. In addition, when someone showed up at the game right before kickoff and there is a problem with the tickets, those people may not be able to watch the game. Some for these people drive for 3-6 hours to get to the games and why take the chance of not seeing the game when something goes wrong with the electronics? Give me the paper tickets and eliminate all these potential problems.
I see your point all too well. When going to Nashville for the bowl game, I sat outside the gate trying to get my digital tickets...for whatever reason, the actual barcode wouldn't pull up. My oldest was with me, I had to transfer the tickets to him, he was able to get them to pull up. He has an Apple, at the time, I had an older Samsung. Don't know if that was the issue, but for sure I was getting stressed. lol

And I share my Braves tickets with my entire office, and we often don't make a decision of who wants to go until they look and traffic and decide they'd rather walk across the bridge and catch a few innings of the game instead of driving. It's literally two clicks of my phone and they have them. Even our senior partner, who's 78 and got a smart phone last year, figured it out in about 5 minutes. To me, it's much easier to transfer them that way than trying to get paper tickets into somebody's kid's hands ever was.

I could better understand your concerns if UT was the first program to ever do this. But literally every NFL and MLB team now tickets this way. The vast majority of NBA/NHL venues do as well. It's not some wild idea they're trying out.

And I share my Braves tickets with my entire office, and we often don't make a decision of who wants to go until they look and traffic and decide they'd rather walk across the bridge and catch a few innings of the game instead of driving. It's literally two clicks of my phone and they have them. Even our senior partner, who's 78 and got a smart phone last year, figured it out in about 5 minutes. To me, it's much easier to transfer them that way than trying to get paper tickets into somebody's kid's hands ever was.

I could better understand your concerns if UT was the first program to ever do this. But literally every NFL and MLB team now tickets this way. The vast majority of NBA/NHL venues do as well. It's not some wild idea they're trying out.
I've had the exact same experience transferring tickets to customers the past few years. It scares people some folks a little initially, but I've yet to have anybody who didn't quickly figure things out and end up actually liking the convenience.

To me, it is not the easiest. I realize other people are doing it , but it doesn't make it the easiest for me and some other people. You like what you like, but it doesn't mean that everyone likes it. By the way, the Braves have a very strong and dependable WIFI system. Can't say that for Neyland.

Can’t really blame them. It’s in line with little league baseball concession stands going completely plastic cards no cash , thieves, taking from the kids.

To me, it is not the easiest. I realize other people are doing it , but it doesn't make it the easiest for me and some other people. You like what you like, but it doesn't mean that everyone likes it. By the way, the Braves have a very strong and dependable WIFI system. Can't say that for Neyland.
So you expect all progress to stop just for you?

Progress to some is regression to others. I just want to get my tickets and get them to the people who will be using them with any hassle. I am not sure this is progress until all the worms have been eliminated.
I think once you see the process, you'll be OK with it. When the Braves started this a couple of years ago, that was exactly my concern since I was giving away a bunch of tickets to folks with varying levels of technological aptitude, but it really hasn't been a problem.

Reactions: Titan05
Somewhere somehow some young punk will hack a stadium or two and lock out all of the tickets. Hopefully a play off game. That would make this old man laugh at the so called new way of doing things. I thank God everyday I grew up before the dot com era. It was a great way to live.
Just a heads up, you're on a dot com site

Reactions: whobethis16
By the way, the Braves have a very strong and dependable WIFI system. Can't say that for Neyland.

I've seen this mentioned several times. Yes, they can and should improve wi-fi, but a lot of that energy needs to be directed toward Verizon.

That's the largest carrier in this area by far, yet their capacity is horrendous. Their system struggles in any area of town with a large number of people, and its gotten worse over the last couple of years. Put 100k phones on campus, and it becomes essentially unusable.

Add to that, download the tickets at almost any time other than walking to the gate, and you'll be fine.

Did it this year for a TB lightning game and it was so simple. Person I'd never met sent them over and I had it added in my wallet in minutes

Really not any more difficult than a mobile boarding pass.

VN Store

Back