Prime Time to coach the Noles?

Deion would be a figurehead coach. I really don't see him handling the day to day duties of a HC. He would be a terrible head coach. That's about as solid of an idea as hiring a former bama QB with no HC experience to run your program.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Deion would be a figurehead coach. I really don't see him handling the day to day duties of a HC. He would be a terrible head coach. That's about as solid of an idea as hiring a former bama QB with no HC experience to run your program.
Or promote a current offensive coordinator from Tennessee to head coach.

According to 247, FSU is the 6th most talented team in the nation and they stink. There’s more to success than just piling up blue chip recruits.

They won't just attract blue chip players tho, he would hire a top notch staff. Would HAVE to. Nobody sayin he wouldn't have a ton of help. College football coaches these days are becoming more like CEO's ... it's not our style at Tennessee, but others are having success with that method. It would not be some unprecedented thing if he had success in the same way

Plus the ACC is garbage. Honestly I dont give a crap about FSU or Deion. I think dude just might do a good job tho and good for him if he does. I do think they are seriously considering him unlike some scoffers out there

It will be interesting to see what Manning does as the years go by. Right now, to me at least, he seems like a guy who's enjoying life after football.

Maybe so but those insurance commercials are terrible!

Reactions: 508mikey
I died a little on the inside seeing one article talking about how FSU was "Tennesseeing" this coaching hire. So no, they arent that bad yet.

Reactions: UTwild82
If there is any truth to this, it is on an interim basis and it’s for recruiting.

FSU could be following the model of Arizona State and Herm Edwards. A few articles I read on them was he was more a figure head, and he had built a really solid staff around him. It seems to have worked pretty well for them so far.

Give Deon a really good support staff, and he might be able to find success. Who knows, maybe this is the new model?

Herm Edwards has NFL head coaching experience on his resume. He’s more than a figurehead imo.

Deion has zero HC experience.

Poor comparison.

(please hire him FSU)

No clue what he makes, but it's hard for me to imagine FSU hiring a coach with zero experience.

Would this be like Tennessee hiring Peyton Manning? :)

If Peyton rarely attended class and was UT’s football equivalent of Senator John Blutarsky, then yes.

Reactions: VolNavy01

VN Store

Back