Prime Time to coach the Noles?

Hes been coached by a legend and knows what good coaching looks like. Besides, Recruiting over coaching these days ... kids are more prepared than ever. He will attract every 5 star across the nation ... u must not remember the late 80's and how FSU had a choke hold on college football.
Ain't nobody cheering this on, but this can definitely happen. It very possible he will be their next coach. And I think he has success off the rip too
Edit: make that 2 legends hes been coached by.
Bowden and Johnson in Dallas

According to 247, FSU is the 6th most talented team in the nation and they stink. There’s more to success than just piling up blue chip recruits.

When the job came open I jokingly said they should call Deion....c'mon now FSU. I think this is just FSU trying to fire up the fan base with a sexy pick or candidate. Maybe they are looking at how big name alums with little to no coaching experience has become a thing in college hoops.

If you come up with $20 Million to fire a coach mid-season in his 2nd YEAR you better hire a known commodity that will be an upgrade from the second he sets foot on campus. You cannot hire a guy that will be learning on the job. There is a way too much at stake right now. The ACC is a one team league and a well run FSU could easily be the 2nd CFP contender if they hire the right guy. Right now, Prime Time ain’t that guy.

WOW.......this looks so familiar.

Big time rumors about a high profile coach and bringing home an icon.

Reactions: feathersax
It's a gamble but if they made the hire, wouldn't be surprised at all if they had the number 1 class overall as soon as next year.

FSU could be following the model of Arizona State and Herm Edwards. A few articles I read on them was he was more a figure head, and he had built a really solid staff around him. It seems to have worked pretty well for them so far.

Give Deon a really good support staff, and he might be able to find success. Who knows, maybe this is the new model?

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
It'd be like Peyton as HC for the VOLS. It seems like a great idea but a couple rough seasons and your legacy as one of the greatest to wear the team colors gets soiled by a bad stint as coach. Prime Time may be willing to gamble on that but I doubt it.

Reactions: OG.V83
It'd be like Peyton as HC for the VOLS. It seems like a great idea but a couple rough seasons and your legacy as one of the greatest to wear the team colors gets soiled by a bad stint as coach. Prime Time may be willing to gamble on that but I doubt it.

I’d love to have Peyton on staff if only for recruiting. But yeah, I don’t want him as HC. Don’t think he will either

There's no way, absolutely no way, they actually have interest in hiring him. If Deion had been in the coaching profession for several years and had been working his way up, perhaps. Deion being linked to this job is even more absurd than the Grumors or people thinking UT might approach Peyton. The only thing I've ever heard of Deion running or being in charge of are those charter schools he had, and to say that ended badly is putting it mildly.

Deion could undoubtedly recruit, but the notion of him running a major football program at this point is just laughable.

Reactions: feathersax
Is Ron Simmons a candidate as well?

images
1573224779785.jpeg

VN Store

Back