Previewing the Tennessee Defense.

Let me touch on this for second. Butler and Roman played defensive end last season so that's that. Ok so you did your research of the stats and Crouch had 28 tackles to lead that group. So basically you're proving my point without understanding the game as well as my comment for concern. Our returning linebacker omitting HT only had 28 tackles not in three or four games for the entire season. So basically a group of guys that played back up roles now become starters . I never said they couldn't do it I said it's a concern. If you can't understand that then you must just need to argue[/QUOTE no actually u are wrong. We run a 3-4. Butler & Bennett are essentially outside linebackers not DE's bc they dont play the 5 technique. Thats Middleton and Solomon so your football IQ isnt as high as u believe it is. On top of that DeAndre Johnson was a starter so how do we have only 1 proven guy?? Crouch was also a starter so thats 2 returning starters. HT is great but he wasnt playing by himself. Having 0 proven player implies that there is little to no playing experience. They return every LB that took a snap last year except Butuli and DT. Those are 2 great players but we have guys who have waited for their turn. LB aint exactly the hardest position to come in and play right away and we have multiple options. Its only a concern if u dnt actually have the horses in the stable.

None of those guys are proven at the college level. We only have one proven linebacker which raises concern. Name one guy that's proven to make plays every week outside of Henry T.
Why do you not count Big Hanks stats? One of the main reasons the LB core is considered good is because of Henry. You can't remove the best player and then say there is concern at the position, All-American type players improve position groups significantly.

Why do you not count Big Hanks stats? One of the main reasons the LB core is considered good is because of Henry. You can't remove the best player and then say there is concern at the position, All-American type players improve position groups significantly.
Exactly. HT will help elevate the play of the other linebackers on the field with him. HT is that kind of player.

Everyone is forgetting deandre Johnson. He’s going to be serviceable and if the word about banks is true then we won’t be hurting in depth as much as we think.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Let me touch on this for second. Butler and Roman played defensive end last season so that's that. Ok so you did your research of the stats and Crouch had 28 tackles to lead that group. So basically you're proving my point without understanding the game as well as my comment for concern. Our returning linebacker omitting HT only had 28 tackles not in three or four games for the entire season. So basically a group of guys that played back up roles now become starters . I never said they couldn't do it I said it's a concern. If you can't understand that then you must just need to argue
Both Bennett and Johnson played EDGE...which is OLB in our scheme.

Harrison is going to be a really good edge rusher. And one of those freshmen might be as well, perhaps Morven or one the Memphis 3. Crouch will be the ultimate compliment to Henry T'oo T'oo as long as he recovers fully from off-season surgery.

Secondary and DL should be very good and solid!

Reactions: LittleVol
I was speaking about everyone else but him is a question mark in a starting role

Actually going back through it I never said Bennett at all someone else may have. I said Butler and Roman
Oh, my bad...then you were only half wrong. Butler played DE...Roman played edge.

Was Lawrence Taylor a HOF DE?
My only point I was making is outside of HT the other starting linebackers are a concern or question mark however you want to spin it. Never said they wouldn't be great just a concern with the lack of production coming back at the position. My opinion

My only point I was making is outside of HT the other starting linebackers are a concern or question mark however you want to spin it. Never said they wouldn't be great just a concern with the lack of production coming back at the position. My opinion
No quarrel with that opinion and that wasn’t what we were disagreeing on.

Reactions: 901 Orange
Actually going back through it I never said Bennett at all someone else may have. I said Butler and Roman

Roman Harrison is an OLB, and I think can play ILB in the future if needed. He will get a lot of LB reps this year, barring injury. He is not a D Lineman in college. He just played on the line in high school because that’s where he could help the team most... to the state championship.

You can call him a question mark too. But I saw him flash several times last year. And as mentioned, there is this thing called “development”, particularly with guys newer to their positions.

Roman Harrison is an OLB, and I think can play ILB in the future if needed. He will get a lot of LB reps this year, barring injury. He is not a D Lineman in college. He just played on the line in high school because that’s where he could help the team most... to the state championship.

You can call him a question mark too. But I saw him flash several times last year. And as mentioned, there is this thing called “development”, particularly with guys newer to their positions.
I'm done.... GO VOLS

VN Store

Back