Pretty sure we’re going to beat Kentucky

bpalmer28

I know they’ve got Snell and a very good defense but their QB is the worst QB in the SEC. They can’t score enough to put us away and we’ve got better big play ability than they do on offense. It’ll be a field position game and when we are in position, expect Helton to take some shots. I like our chances in that scenario.

Our guys have been heavily criticized over the past week. They’ll be focused and eager, not just ready, EAGER to prove themselves capable. They see the T on their chest. They know what’s up. Kentucky just had their dreams crushed but they are probably a little over confident. Perfect. We’re gonna best em. I’m telling you right now we’re gonna beat em.

giphy.gif

They cant score enough points to put us away?

You are aware we only scored one offensive td against Charlotte?

We depending on MC to run back 3 punt s?
We didn’t use Chandler or Jennings against Charlotte. Besides, a team is never as bad as their worst game. Charlotte is a terrible barometer. Maybe Kentucky will hold our offense to fewer TDs than Bama, South Carolina, Auburn, and Georgia but I’ll roll with the law of averages and say we put at least 2 in the end zone.

We didn’t use Chandler or Jennings against Charlotte. Besides, a team is never as bad as their worst game. Charlotte is a terrible barometer. Maybe Kentucky will hold our offense to fewer TDs than Bama, South Carolina, Auburn, and Georgia but I’ll roll with the law of averages and say we put at least 2 in the end zone.
okay and you think our d will hold them to less than 2?
Funny you op says they.can score enough to.put us away and in this one you predict.we score.2 tds. Lol

I know they’ve got Snell and a very good defense but their QB is the worst QB in the SEC. They can’t score enough to put us away and we’ve got better big play ability than they do on offense. It’ll be a field position game and when we are in position, expect Helton to take some shots. I like our chances in that scenario.

Our guys have been heavily criticized over the past week. They’ll be focused and eager, not just ready, EAGER to prove themselves capable. They see the T on their chest. They know what’s up. Kentucky just had their dreams crushed but they are probably a little over confident. Perfect. We’re gonna best em. I’m telling you right now we’re gonna beat em.

WTF BRO?

wtf.jpg

They cant score enough points to put us away?

You are aware we only scored one offensive td against Charlotte?

We depending on MC to run back 3 punt s?

UK is averaging 15 points a game over the last 4 games. It's not like they ve been lighting up the scoreboard over the last month.

As bad as UTs has been its averaging 22 (including that abysmal 14 last week) over the last 4 games.

Last edited:
Yeah, their basketball team doesn’t look so hot. We have 250 lb offensive lineman, which will not bode well for Saturday.

This may be just me.. but the more people say we can pull off an upset, the more I doubt we can do it. For you statisticians our there, positive predictions and my doubt we can win are positive correlations in games like these. When one increases, so does the other. I guess there are outliers but most times it’s a legit concern. I would feel better if this were a road game in which we were 10 point underdogs oddly enough this year. So I guess what I’m saying if you just want to skip to the end is......

NICE GOING JINXY

UK is averaging 15 points a game over the last 4 games. It's not like they ve been lighting up the scoreboard over the last month.

As bad as UTs offense has been its averaging 22 (including that abysmal 14 last week) over the last 4 games.
Its.not their offense im worried.about, although it's likely we are thr worst run d they have seen. Its their defense.

We will need the offense to show up and put some points on the board because Kentucky’s run game is going to give us trouble. I hope the defense steps up and holds Kentucky’s running game in check, but they’ve struggled against the run all year. The good thing is I don’t think they’ll beat us passing the ball, so maybe we can put more in the box to combat the run game. However, our secondary is pathetic so I’m unsure if they’ll be able to cover their man to make it effective.

The Auburn game really got me excited, but these last two games against SC and Charlotte looked like a Butch Jones coached team. That type of play and mentality will result in us losing out. I just hope we see the beginning of a culture change and that the team comes out fired up to get a big W over KY then carries that momentum to get bowl eligible. Go Vols!

I feel like CJP can really take advantage of a one-dimensional offense by putting 9 in the box and stuffing the run. Just don't let Wilson get loose and burn us.

Speaking of one-dimensional, I expect our running game to be more respectable this Saturday as well (80-130 yards), decent but certainly not earth shattering. OL was shamed last week and will be ready to make amends by getting a little nastier.

This I believe will be that second game of the year when we put it all together and snag another significant upset.

Reactions: GoBears and FlVols
This may be just me.. but the more people say we can pull off an upset, the more I doubt we can do it. For you statisticians our there, positive predictions and my doubt we can win are positive correlations in games like these. When one increases, so does the other. I guess there are outliers but most times it’s a legit concern. I would feel better if this were a road game in which we were 10 point underdogs oddly enough this year. So I guess what I’m saying if you just want to skip to the end is......

NICE GOING JINXY

The sad part is that we are actually having to debate whether or not we can upset Kentucky.

I see their QB running for 100+ and Snell going for 150+. We better put eight in the box if we even want to remotely have a chance.

I picked the Vols to win 5-4 in the weekly pick the score contest. Of course, that outcome is predicated on Snell tripping over himself and tweaking his right hammy on the first play from scrimmage. That and their QB dropping and then falling on his helmet while getting ready to come in the game after the opening kickoff. After that I'm thinking 3 safeties and a field goal in a real offensive barn burner. We got this game locked up!!

Its.not their offense im worried.about, although it's likely we are thr worst run d they have seen. Its their defense.
It's wasnt a prediction on my part. I think UT needs to catch them a little mentally worn from UGA and 2 nail bitters the previous 2 weeks before that and play pretty well themselves to have a chance. Their defense is legit and is the reason they re not 5-4 right now. Their offense has been just good enough 2 out of their last 4 games. And those were Mizzou and Vandy.

UT has plenty of problems from game 1 til now but theres a ton of weight being put on 1 performance. I dont think that's fair or smart.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
The sad part is that we are actually having to debate whether or not we can upset Kentucky.
Yeah that’s true. I guess it’s their time to shine. They better enjoy it bc our time will be here again soon and when it comes, we better get more than one national championship this time. A decade of greatness is coming and multiple championships should be the goal.

VN Store

Back