Pretty cool story about Leonard Hamilton

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Good read. I never knew about him being at Austin Peay, or being the first African American assistant at Kentucky. And put in the UTM hall of fame the same time as Pat

For Leonard Hamilton, the game is not over

i

Every time that I see a LH post I'm triggered to point out that he was bracketed with Wade Houston as TN's 2nd choice to replace Devoe. Actually he might have been TN's coach had Lamar Alexander not been POTUoT pushing for Wade. He almost certainly would have been had Wade not had a son that was a senior in high school.

BTW, Pat Kennedy at FSU was DAD's first choice.

Reactions: foxxvol
4th from the left is BB coach Floyd Burdette. He is also in the Tennessee HOF along with the UTMHOF. My dad played for him in the 50/60s. He was a great man and a great coach. Mom and dad always said that Burdette was the reason that they got through school. He was a tough, caring parent to his players.

More trivia: Burdette was previously BB coach at Alabama, before he went "home" to "UTMB".

UTM is not just our little sister. They have outstanding alums too.

Reactions: StarRaider
Every time that I see a LH post I'm triggered to point out that he was bracketed with Wade Houston as TN's 2nd choice to replace Devoe. Actually he might have been TN's coach had Lamar Alexander not been POTUoT pushing for Wade. He almost certainly would have been had Wade not had a son that was a senior in high school.

BTW, Pat Kennedy at FSU was DAD's first choice.
I would comment about the the “liberal lean” of Lamar and wanting to make history at UT with the hiring of Houston. But at the time, I thought Houston was a good hire. Boy was I wrong.

Reactions: StarRaider
I would comment about the the “liberal lean” of Lamar and wanting to make history at UT with the hiring of Houston. But at the time, I thought Houston was a good hire. Boy was I wrong.
You mean there were Liberals around then ?! Wow, I thought they just came about around 2016 ?! Seems it would be rather foolish to hire someone who wasn't qualified 🤔.

You mean there were Liberals around then ?! Wow, I thought they just came about around 2016 ?! Seems it would be rather foolish to hire someone who wasn't qualified 🤔.

Lamar is such a hack. Filled up the AHT with under qualified administrators as political favors. But this isn't the Political Forum, so that's all I got on that.

Reactions: foxxvol
4th from the left is BB coach Floyd Burdette. He is also in the Tennessee HOF along with the UTMHOF. My dad played for him in the 50/60s. He was a great man and a great coach. Mom and dad always said that Burdette was the reason that they got through school. He was a tough, caring parent to his players.

More trivia: Burdette was previously BB coach at Alabama, before he went "home" to "UTMB".

UTM is not just our little sister. They have outstanding alums too.
Took several classes with Coach Burdette as the instructor after he gave up BB.

VN Store

Back