Pretend you don’t have cable..

Right now you can get a month of YTTV for $14.99, if you're a new customer. You get SEC network and ESPN channels. Sign up for ESPN+ or the Disney bundle and you cover all bases for under $30 for at least a month.

Last edited:
I have an LG and while you can watch certain ESPN shows you can't download the ESPN+ app. That forces me to use its very slow web browser to go to ESPN and access Plus that way, but it is very slow loading. Strange since I don't have any speed issues once I get to the right program.

My tech savvy daughter keeps telling me to use my computer and the airtime to my receiver. Guess I need to figure that out.

Big hockey fan, follow the Rangers and Plus is the only way I get their games. Getting the Vols baseball is an added benefit.

I am now thrilled I didn’t buy the LG a few months ago. I was weary of the TVs with proprietary UIs like Lg because of this potential issue. Rightfully so it appears. Got another Roku Tv fir bedroom and big Android Tv for living room.
Happy with both. However the Android ESPN app is screwy right now because selecting the game and pressing enter does not make it play. I cast it from phone and it works perfectly though

Right now you can get YTTV for $14.99, if you're a new customer. You get SEC network and ESPN channels. Sign up for ESPN+ or the Disney bundle and you cover all bases for under $30 for at least a month.
My exact set up.
I’ve had YTTV from beginning and they’ve give us originals a slightly lower rate

If you’re in a spot where video isn’t an option, this is the way.

You can also access it through the Tennessee Gameday app. The live stats update pretty quick if they’re at home or an SEC school, and you can switch between game status, box score, play by play, etc.

That app is also the easiest/best way to get Wilkerson’s play by play.

I also recommend the Tennessee Gameday app for the reasons Wally mentioned above. Once you open the app, you can scroll to the "Baseball" section under Teams and from there you can easily access the live stats as well as Wilkerson's live audio (which you can use simultaneously).

I usually pull up the video stream on my TV, mute it, and then use the Gameday app on my iPad to monitor the stats and listen to audio. The app is almost always a touch ahead of the video stream but I don't mind it much.

Roku is crazy. I still struggle to wrap my brain around the Roku channel. You just buy any Roku device (TV, stick, whatever) and you get the Roku Channel, which is almost like having cable and there’s no extra cost. We still have a streaming service too but if someone were struggling with the money to get cable or a streaming service, that Roku channel is certainly sufficient.
The Roku Channel is similar to Plutu TV for those who don’t have a Roku.
Even the Peacock TV has a bunch of those free streaming offerings as well

I have Roku, You Tube Tv and espn app. My son and I split the cost of You Tube Tv as you can add up to 5 users and we pay approximately $33 per month. I watch all of the Vols baseball games on the ESPN app which includes sec+ for free.

Nope. You need the ESPN+ app. I am watching them live on it right now. I don’t need or have Hulu+.

Do you have Hulu Live? You must have connected it to your ESPN app so that you are able to watch it.

I can promise you just having ESPN+ doesn’t let you watch the game if it’s on SECN+.

Do you have Hulu Live? You must have connected it to your ESPN app so that you are able to watch it.

I can promise you just having ESPN+ doesn’t let you watch the game if it’s on SECN+.

I have the Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ bundle. I use DTV stream for my cable. As long as you have a cable provider and ESPN+, you can get every game. But it doesn’t have to be HULU+.

I have the Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ bundle. I use DTV stream for my cable. As long as you have a cable provider and ESPN+, you can get every game. But it doesn’t have to be HULU+.

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood what you said. Yes, you need a cable subscription plus the ESPN app to watch 99% of our games.

I was just trying to clear the air since I think a lot of people are confused that JUST having ESPN+ will let them watch UT baseball games when it doesn’t.

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood what you said. Yes, you need a cable subscription plus the ESPN app to watch 99% of our games.

I was just trying to clear the air since I think a lot of people are confused that JUST having ESPN+ will let them watch UT baseball games when it doesn’t.

Good point…and good clarification because that could be confusing.

On the subject of cable subscriptions, the ESPN app doesn’t tie the cable subscription to a location, so if grandma/grandpa/mom/dad/brother/sister/whoever loves you enough to let you borrow their login, you can just plug that account information into the ESPN app.

I have an LG and while you can watch certain ESPN shows you can't download the ESPN+ app. That forces me to use its very slow web browser to go to ESPN and access Plus that way, but it is very slow loading. Strange since I don't have any speed issues once I get to the right program.

My tech savvy daughter keeps telling me to use my computer and the airtime to my receiver. Guess I need to figure that out.

Big hockey fan, follow the Rangers and Plus is the only way I get their games. Getting the Vols baseball is an added benefit.
I learned this after buying mine. It’s our main tv and I can’t watch these games on a 75”. End up in the guest room laying in bed watching it with the roku or outside on the patio tv. On days like today outside is great, February/March games not so much.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We storm Charlotte (SEC Network Offices), and Bristol, Connecticut (ESPN Offices) with pitchforks, and we just demand that they play the Vols on and ESPN channel or SEC Network proper since we're the Number 1 team in America. Then they concede, and we all purchase something miniscule that gives us ESPN.

Easy fix.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We storm Charlotte (SEC Network Offices), and Bristol, Connecticut (ESPN Offices) with pitchforks, and we just demand that they play the Vols on and ESPN channel or SEC Network proper since we're the Number 1 team in America. Then they concede, and we all purchase something miniscule that gives us ESPN.

Easy fix.

HMMM, storming a building ain't working too well for the Jan 6 crowd, think I'll pass on that option.

Reactions: ATCVolinmn
I have an 6 year old Samsung tv in the living room, 2 Roku TV's, and an OLD RCA tv in then den. I subscribe to YouTube tv. On the RCA I use a Roku stick. However, on the Samsung, YouTube started slowing down and buffering alot. Back when Roku and YouTube tv were having a fight, Google sent out free Google Chromecast stick. I put that on the Samsung and fixed the buffering problem, Samsung doesn't have upgrades for my tv anymore so had to go that route. Anyway, i installed the ESPN app to the the Chromecast and watch vols games that way on the sec+ network. If they're on ESPN+, I don't get to watch as I don't pay for ESPN+, but so far I've only missed 1 game.
There are so many free streaming apps. I use Pluto, Tubi, military combat channel, peacock, Roku channel and IMDb just to name a few. All have some great shows to binge watch for free. I've found the live tv portion on these are just mostly the over the air channels you can get with any antenna. There a lot of free tv apps you can download and enjoy.

VN Store

Back