President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Holding an 18-21 responsible for their student loan debt, yet letting the 40+ year old guy in the McMansion and Corvette in the garage off the hook with bankruptcy.

Makes sense.
I absolutely agree with you. Student loan should be bankruptable. The result is that all these ******** degrees won't get funding anymore and we can get back to actual higher education plans like engineering and science instead of gay poetry and basket weaving for hippies. The market will take care of it.

i think it was taken over during the Obama era - I'm sure some prior are still held by private banks but I think since it's on the Fed's books

Maxine Waters grills banks on student loan crisis even though feds took over in 2010

The Obama administration eliminated the federal guaranteed loan program in 2010, putting the federal government in charge of student lending with the idea of saving taxpayer dollars by “cutting out the middleman,” as President Barack Obama put it.

Afterward, student loan debt exploded from $154.9 billion in 2009 to $1.1 trillion at the end of 2017, according to Investor’s Business Daily. Current student debt is estimated at more than $1.5 trillion.

And somehow people won't be able to see the correlation between the Federal Government paying colleges anything they ask for and the exploding costs of higher education.

I mean, it's not exactly subtle...

Apparently at the G7 conference, Uncle SlowJoe couldn’t even remember the difference between Libya and Syria. Got them crossed up theee times in his press conference. If Trump would have made this sort of elementary middle school level mistakes, it would have been the lead story on every newscast for 3 to 4 days. You probably will not even hear a single newscast about this though. Joe will probably be removed under the 25th Amendment before the end of the year for health reasons. Kamala already has her drapes and furniture selected for the Oval Office I bet.

So your doing is making more of those guys. Basil them out now and later. Best we could do is educate kids on the complete uselessness of most degrees.
No, I'm not saying they should be bailed out with no consequences. Nor am I saying that the present bankruptcy rules shouldn't be updated. There are creative ways that this can be done that still makes it fair for the kids that actually did the right thing. Void their degrees and/or licenses if they chose to get a complete debt bailout or only forgive debt over a certain dollar amount. I think if you made students pay at least $50-75k of their debt off and forgave anything else over that amount, that would be fair. There is really no good reason for school debt to be over $75k. I think that person with $100k or $200k+ can still learn their lesson and still experience the sting of carrying that debt.

That's fine. But in the meantime, you got these kids with ridiculous debt hanging around their necks.
Student loans should be prohibited unless a student is pursuing a degree with actual economic or national security uses. If someone wants a degree in Social Justice or Non Colonial Feminism, why should I as a taxpayer have to float them a loan? Let them waste their parents’ money, not mine 😡

No sheet..They painted him as some devil. I guarantee you now, the Pac Rim nations, that had this monumental swing of opinion from Trump to Biden, are actually scared as eff in regards to China.
There is some pyschosis going on, at a minimum
Bet Hong Kong really misses Trump right now as they sink into the red communist swamp and lose their last few remaining vestiges of freedom. Of course I blame Tony Blair and the Brits most of all for that one for selling out HK back in the 1990s.

Student loans should be prohibited unless a student is pursuing a degree with actual economic or national security uses. If someone wants a degree in Social Justice or Non Colonial Feminism, why should I as a taxpayer have to float them a loan? Let them waste their parents’ money, not mine 😡
'll take it one step further... outside of your flagship state universities (UTK, UNC or NCST, UGA, etc), the only classes that should be offered are those that relate to putting students on a pathway to real career. Let the big universities have the gender studies or whatever, but the rest of the universities focus should be more narrow.

And who's fault is that?

Furthermore, what kind of interest rates is the government charging?
A lot of kids are getting pizz poor advice out here... It amazes me that we hold 18-21 year olds to a higher standard than we hold our congressmen and politicians that roll up billions and trillions of debt and suffer no consequences. I know I nearly fell into that trap myself because I had people around me that were well intentioned and my elders that gave a poor advice. Life and your perspective is a lot different if you have the right (or wrong) people around you. Hanging a debt on a person that can't be removed by bankruptcy and was signed on to at 18 years old is not very sensible. Plus, it takes any responsibility off of the lender.

Bet Hong Kong really misses Trump right now as they sink into the red communist swamp and lose their last few remaining vestiges of freedom. Of course I blame Tony Blair and the Brits most of all for that one for selling out HK back in the 1990s.
Uh Hong Kong lost most of their freedoms under Trump, which was after the handover.

A lot of kids are getting pizz poor advice out here... It amazes me that we hold 18-21 year olds to a higher standard than we hold our congressmen and politicians that roll up billions and trillions of debt and suffer no consequences. I know I nearly fell into that trap myself because I had people around me that were well intentioned and my elders that gave a poor advice. Life and your perspective is a lot different if you have the right (or wrong) people around you. Hanging a debt on a person that can't be removed by bankruptcy and was signed on to at 18 years old is not very sensible. Plus, it takes any responsibility off of the lender.
You’re making a lot of sense Ras. This situation shows just what hypocrites the Feds are. They protect their money with legislation and prevent the normal bankruptcy reconciliation process as for all other debts. Tax debt is treated the same way, it isn’t absolved by bankruptcy either.

And they make all this free loan money available the juices up tuition costs. It’s throwing gasoline on an open flame.

But the kids were legal adults. Yeah they did get bad advice but the world isn’t fair. We need to be sure and not screw the kids over that paid their debts and we also need to not be punitive in the stupid ones. But I gotta admit I really don’t have any sympathy for a $75k debt useless Liberal Arts degree. They should have enough common sense to know better even at 18

Uh Hong Kong lost most of their freedoms under Trump, which was after the handover.
If you look at the timeline, most of the harshest repressions and final crackdowns began after November 3, 2020, when the CCP knew that their BFF China Joe was on deck in the batters circle. They knew that they could be as brutal as they wanted with no fear whatsoever of reprisals or consequences

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
'Don't be mad at the mirror if you're ugly': Vladimir Putin accuses US of 'persecuting political opinions' by arresting MAGA Capitol and DENIES ordering assassinations as he defends his treatment of Alexei Navalny

• He asked: 'Did you assassinate that woman at the Capitol shot by a policeman?'
Vladimir Putin has accused the US of 'persecuting political opinions' for arresting the MAGA mob at the Capitol siege, ahead of his summit with Joe Biden on Wednesday.

The Russian president was asked about his jailing of opposition leader Alexei Navalny in an interview filmed in Moscow last week before his meeting with Biden in Switzerland.

He said: 'We have a saying: 'Don't be mad at the mirror if you are ugly,'" he said. "It has nothing to do with you personally. But if somebody blames us for something, what I say is, why don't you look at yourselves? You will see yourselves in the mirror, not us.'

'Did you order the assassination of the woman who walked into the Congress and who was shot and killed by a policeman?' Putin said, referring to Trump supporter Ashli Babbitt, who was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as she tried to climb through a window that led to the House floor.

wire-44204691-1623675992-155_634x475.jpg

Vladimir Putin accuses US of 'persecuting political opinions' for arresting MAGA rioters | Daily Mail Online

A lot of kids are getting piss poor advice over a great many things. I'm not sure why this one is any worse than the others...

Regardless, look at the root causes of the link VB posted. It went up by more than a trillion in 10 years? Two things here:

Higher learning institutes are gong to continue raising prices since the government is paying them without any question.

Government isn't asking why the price keeps rising and continues to pay.

Yeah, sure, the"kids" are partially responsible. But it's not all on them. They continue being told they "have" to have a degree and go to college. So, the bad advice starts at home and in high school.

A whole lot of fingers that can be pointed here.

Netanyahu Blasts Biden in 'scorched earth' Departure Speech and says Iran will be 'celebrating' his defeat because Israel will be 'weak'

Former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blasted US President Joe Biden in a 'scorched earth' speech on his last day in office before officially handing over power on Monday, warning Iran will be 'celebrating' his defeat because Israel will be 'weak'.

In a scathing speech that was meant to last 15 minutes but ran for more than half an hour, Netanyahu said the Islamic Republic would celebrate his loss because 'they understand that starting today there will be a weak and unstable government that will align with the dictates of the international community.'

In Sunday's speech, Netanyahu went on to warn Biden against talks to revive the nuclear deal with Iran, saying a return to the agreement 'threatens Israel's existence'.

'The prime minister of Israel needs to be able to say no to the president of the United States on issues that threaten our existence', he told the Knesset.

Netanyahu made the comments despite being asked by Washington 'not to discuss our disagreement on Iran publicly' and in a warning to the Islamic Republic, Hamas, and Hezbollah, declared 'we'll be back soon.'

Netanyahu blasts Biden in 'scorched earth' departure speech, says Iran will be 'celebrating' defeat | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: BreatheUT
If you look at the timeline, most of the harshest repressions and final crackdowns began after November 3, 2020, when the CCP knew that their BFF China Joe was on deck in the batters circle. They knew that they could be as brutal as they wanted with no fear whatsoever of reprisals or consequences
I have been paying attention, there is a reason I started the China thread, and HK was one of them.

The mass arrests have been going on for a while, the January stuff was just the largest single arrest, but it is still only about a 1/5 of the total. There was the August raid of Apple Daily, raids on previously, and current, arrested protestors. Heck they locked down the entire city and did media blackouts during the original protests.

VN Store

Back