Preseason Uf

One of the few rankings I think fits UF.

Them being a Top 10 team is laughable

"Return To Glory?" :blink:

I think that may be a little premature since you are bringing in a new coach and are coming out of the FireRonZook.com era.

"But it remains to be seen how Meyer’s dizzying version of the read-option offense translates to the SEC, where he’ll find a different level of athlete playing defense. Or how quarterback Chris Leak adjusts to the new style. "

These 2 sentences say it all. UF has no shortage of talent. The schedule is not too bad with one big road game (LSU). The non-conference schedule is mediocre and guarantees at least 2 wins. They get us at home, Georgia in Jacksonville and Bama at T-town.

I'd say pre-season of 13 is about right.

I think that's a fair ranking considering no one really knows what to expect out of Florida. We know they should me tougher mentally and physically given Meyer's "junction Boys" mentality but to expect a top 10 finish the first year after the installation of a new offense and a new coach is unlikely. Do you know of any other coach that has ever taken a division 1 team into the top 10 the first year after changing the whole offense?..maybe Bowden did it at Auburn but I'm not sure... I will say this, if Tennessee is the least bit intimidated when it goes into the swamp it could be ugly for Tennessee. I assure you that the Gators have only one game circled at this point and I don't think that Florida is going to lay down in awe. I think it will be a blow out one way or another as one team will crumble under the emotional weight of the game. Unfortunately TN is known to do just that in big games. They rarely dominate opponents and several opponents who lost last year were in the game up until the end. Fulmer better learn to kick a$$ and take names or with this schedule it could be one of our ugliest years considering the somewhat unrealistic expectations of a National Championship...But still, I say GO VOLS!

i also think #13 is about right......with the way last year went, we can only go on what ifs, but if those what ifs become reality, this team is capable of winning a national championship (i said it)

as for the UT/UF game, it seems to me that you guys are underestimating UF.......methinks your in for a suprise 9/17/05

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 18, 2005 2:58 PM
as for the UT/UF game, it seems to me that you guys are underestimating UF.......methinks your in for a suprise 9/17/05

You, along with many if not most UF fans, have said the same thing about people under-estimating UF the last 3 years....same results....5 losses

Originally posted by U-T@May 18, 2005 4:26 PM
You, along with many if not most UF fans, have said the same thing about people under-estimating UF the last 3 years....same results....5 losses
[snapback]95819[/snapback]​

i never said that.......if you or anyone else on this board doesnt believe me that "were back" just watch the Herbstreit (sp?) visit to G-ville on ESPN Motion, it was on SportsCenter earlier a couple weeks ago

I believe Leak in time will adjust to the new system. But will everyone else? I said "in time" if he comes out early in the season and everyone else is on board 13th was it? Seems reasonable

as bad as i hate to say it. 13 is to low. i know it is pre-season. but they will be in the top 10. they will give us a heck of a game.

maybe bcs.

watch out for florida u guys.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 18, 2005 8:52 PM
as bad as i hate to say it. 13 is to low. i know it is pre-season. but they will be in the top 10. they will give us a heck of a game.

maybe bcs.

watch out for florida u guys.
[snapback]95927[/snapback]​

:yikes: , wow, your the first vol that has said/admitted that charles!

im proud....9/17/05 will be 1 heck of a game

UF should be about top 10-15 in the preseason polls

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 18, 2005 7:56 PM
:yikes: , wow, your the first vol that has said/admitted that charles!

im proud....9/17/05 will be 1 heck of a game

UF should be about top 10-15 in the preseason polls
[snapback]95930[/snapback]​

easily they should be in the top 15. meyer is know push over.

but tennessee will be his first big test EVER as a coach.

pitt in the bcs game was a joke.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 18, 2005 8:58 PM
easily they should be in the top 15.  meyer is know push over.

but tennessee will be his first big test EVER as a coach.

pitt in the bcs game was a joke.
[snapback]95932[/snapback]​

agreed, Meyer hasnt been in a game with this magnitude and pressure and atmosphere ever. The O $ B game with 58,500 people was the largest crowd hes ever played infrount of, and that was for a scrimmage :blink: . I think hes ready though, but hell have big eyes for about 30 min :laugh1:

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 18, 2005 9:44 PM
well, that is u guys.

mid major coach for a mid major team.
[snapback]95956[/snapback]​

how soon you forget that that "jr high" team should have won last year

we got screwed :angry:

but whats in the past is in the past...were waiting you, 9/17/05 :gun:

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 18, 2005 9:47 PM
we?

u a utah fan my man?

they did get screwed. but auburn, ou, or usc would have wiped the floor with them. pitt was a joke.
[snapback]95962[/snapback]​

talking about last years UT/UF game ;) , ya know, the one dubbed the loudest moment in Neyland

Originally posted by U-T@May 18, 2005 6:58 PM
It was dubbed a crime as well
[snapback]95971[/snapback]​

Eh, we did get help from the refs but they didn't hand us the game. We still had to make that last drive and put our faith in the foot of Wilhoit.

Oh, I don't think it was a crime whatsoever.

Crap happens, UF has screwed us tons of times before with the refs.

It happens, part of the game.

We know that as much as anyone

VN Store

Back