Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Five of the wildest minutes I’ve ever seen late in the Man U/Fulham FA Cup match. Willian sent off for deliberate handball on the goal line, Marco Silva sent off for approaching the ref during the VAR review and Mitrovic sent off for shoving the ref as he was issuing Willian the red card.

With the right coach, you always think the Spurs have the talent on paper.

I didn’t think he would coach another game after this past weekend.

I would be happy if Poch came back, I didn’t want him sacked in the first place. Also, De Zerbi.

Need a coach with an attacking style.
Going to be tough for Brighton to keep De Zerbi. Some big club will want to snatch him up sooner than later.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
I heard a quote from Thomas Mueller once that said something along the lines of ‘we win on Saturday’s to be left alone on Sundays.’ Their culture is so used to dominating, that I don’t reckon they are enjoying an actual title race for once in the last decade or so.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
I figured Nagelsmann would get the axe but the timing of it is really weird
For sure. The CL quarters are just around the corner and he got them this far. Maybe they are doing it now to give Tuchel time? I have heard that Nagelsmann wasn’t very liked by the powers that be of late.

I figured Nagelsmann would get the axe but the timing of it is really weird
There were Tuchel to Bayern rumors swirling for a couple months now, but at the end of the season. I wonder if they view this as a “we don’t think you can beat City and the rest of the field in CL, but we know Tuchel can” type move. It’s a tight turnaround but Tuchel has shown he can stabilize a club quick and win a CL after taking over mid season. He has a ton of talent to work with, but a tighter turnaround window. Will be interesting.

What if…

Bayern advance past City.
Chelsea advance past Real Madrid.

Tuchel back in Stamford Bridge would be … something.

VN Store

Back