Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Finally. Big time fail on the Lukaku saga for Chelsea, but thankfully he’s on his way back to Inter. Will be a year loan with another year loan next year and then presumably buy him after that… if he performs at least. Inter covering all wages, and a lot of the fee isn’t on the new books as the debt was written off in the club sale. Probably the best solution for all parties. Chelsea gets Lukaku off the books after a huge fail of a transfer and Inter gets Lukaku but has to pay his wages.
Lukaku has to be one of the bigger flops in recent Premier League history. Crazy ride for him this last year or so.

Lukaku has to be one of the bigger flops in recent Premier League history. Crazy ride for him this last year or so.

Recent history is probably being generous.. he’s gotta be one of the bigger flops in EPL history overall because of that price tag.

It was a square peg in a round hole type situation and Chelsea knew it and Lukaku knew it. Board pushed it, Tuchel caved after missing on Haaland, and the rest is history. Once that interview happened it was over and the relationship was ruined. It’s funny though, Lukaku gave an interview last summer saying switching to Tuchels system would be a smooth transition being that Belgium has a very similar system… yet the first time he struggled he blamed the system and packed up his bag and had it waiting at the door to go back to Inter. Just a fragile ego overall.

Gareth Bale to LAFC ? 👀 I may finally have have a team in the MLS

Love that some big names are playing a season or two in MLS in their twilight years… but man I wish some other teams besides LAFC could get them for once. I get it though. I’d probably choose LAFC if I was a top European player about to retire too. Hollywood/LA is a big draw.

I know he’s 37 but Chiellini to LAFC has a nice ring to it, too. I mean if you can pick up a guy who’s captain for Juventus, you do it for the leadership without even blinking.

I understand this is a business but it makes me sad. Represented our club with pride and passion. He'll be missed

Disappointed as well, but he more than earned a move to a bigger club. Was really hoping he might end up moving to a club somewhere other than in the PL.

On the bright side, this should give Everton some money to spend in the transfer market to hopefully upgrade a a couple of positions of need.

Yeah, no thanks. Doesn’t fit Tuchels style that he wants to play right now and if the team thought Lukakus ego was bad, wait until they get a hold of Ronaldo’s.

I despise him, so this is a win win. He either stays at Man U and is poison, or goes to Chelsea and is poison.

I despise him, so this is a win win. He either stays at Man U and is poison, or goes to Chelsea and is poison.

He will either stay at Man U because they won’t sell, or he will end up in another league, IMO. Matt Law who is probably the most connected reporter to Chelsea, says while they may have an internal discussion about him just because it’s Ronaldo, he highly, highly doubts Chelsea try to sign him. Most of the chatter about Chelsea simply happened because Boehly met with Ronaldo’s agent… who just happens to have a ton of other clients. Meeting wasn’t even about Ronaldo.

Yeah, no thanks. Doesn’t fit Tuchels style that he wants to play right now and if the team thought Lukakus ego was bad, wait until they get a hold of Ronaldo’s.
Ronaldo >>>>> Lukaku 7 days a week.

Not saying that I want Ronaldo

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
North London footballer that’s 29 years old. Got to be a player from Spurs or Arsenal, right?

Premier League footballer further arrested over two more rape allegations

Son is apparently in Korea, so it’s not him. Xhaka has been posting vacation pic with his family, so it’s not him.

Of course, it wouldn’t necessarily HAVE to be a London based player, especially since it’s the offseason. Hampstead is a very nice area in North London where a lot of celebrities have homes, so it’s entirely reasonable to think that any PL player could live in the area.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Three 29 year olds on the Spurs, one is certainly significant, the other two somewhat. I would say only one Arsenal 29 year old is significant. But, could be from another club and he lives in North London.

Son is apparently in Korea, so it’s not him. Xhaka has been posting vacation pic with his family, so it’s not him.

Of course, it wouldn’t necessarily HAVE to be a London based player, especially since it’s the offseason. Hampstead is a very nice area in North London where a lot of celebrities have homes, so it’s entirely reasonable to think that any PL player could live in the area.

Very well could be any PL player like y’all said. The story is purposely vague. Most people are speculating it’s a North London team but it is the off-season with some teams starting to report back, so could have been an off-season home.

Have to say though, is it common practice to not initially release names in these types of investigations in UK? If this was in the US and was an NFL/NBA/etc player then his/her name would already be released. Kind of refreshing for due process to take place before a name is released to the public.

Very well could be any PL player like y’all said. The story is purposely vague. Most people are speculating it’s a North London team but it is the off-season with some teams starting to report back, so could have been an off-season home.

Have to say though, is it common practice to not initially release names in these types of investigations in UK? If this was in the US and was an NFL/NBA/etc player then his/her name would already be released.

I thought the same, no way the identity would not be revealed here by now.

UK media are forbidden from publishing the name of the person arrested.

The police will not release the name of anyone unless formal charges are brought.

So at this point, no one has been charged with anything.

VN Store

Back