Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

I haven’t criticized Tuchel at all during this stretch of bad games this year because injuries and Covid have really done a number on the squad, but I think he got it wrong today. Ziyech can’t handle a team like City and there were multiple times he had a chance to put a through ball in to Lukaku or get a break himself and couldn’t take advantage. No idea why you leave Mount out of this type of game for a player like Ziyech if he doesn’t have any injury concern which as far as I’m aware he didn’t. Pulisic has had some stretches too but I think Hudson-Odoi has been playing better as of late. We needed more attacking from wide and Pulisic seemed hesitant to ever make a run out wide.

Don’t think anyone is overcoming 13+ points to overtake City unless City implodes and has a real bad stretch. Everyone else is playing for 2nd place now.

Reactions: MAD
Someone posted this on twitter

Watching Everton soccer and Tennessee men's b-ball is basically the same thing.

Reactions: The Dog
Someone posted this on twitter

Watching Everton soccer and Tennessee men's b-ball is basically the same thing.
Can confirm that darkness is descending on Everton. Two different fans were dragged off by security after running onto the field today, presumably to have a go at Rafa. Then post match, actual fistfights were breaking out between Everton supporters in the stands. Everton have to sack him sooner rather than later. He’s lost the team and what small group of supporters he might have ever had. There’s no way back for him now.

Thank goodness. Don’t know where they go from here, but relegation seemed to be at the end of the road they were on. Wonder if Wayne Rooney would be interested in leaving Derby.

Thank goodness. Don’t know where they go from here, but relegation seemed to be at the end of the road they were on. Wonder if Wayne Rooney would be interested in leaving Derby.

Seems like Villa did a good bit of business signing Digne before he was fired. Rumors on messages boards aren’t the most reliable, but Digne was seemingly frustrated and wanted a different manager

Seems like Villa did a good bit of business signing Digne before he was fired. Rumors on messages boards aren’t the most reliable, but Digne was seemingly frustrated and wanted a different manager
The entire Everton traveling support singing “Digne was right, Rafa’s shite” for long stretches of yesterday’s match seems to back up those rumors.

He may or may not end up being a good signing for Villa. If the Lucas Digne of two years ago shows up, then it’s a brilliant move. If Digne of last year, and especially this season shows up, then Matt Targett may still be best option at LB for them.

Can confirm that darkness is descending on Everton. Two different fans were dragged off by security after running onto the field today, presumably to have a go at Rafa. Then post match, actual fistfights were breaking out between Everton supporters in the stands. Everton have to sack him sooner rather than later. He’s lost the team and what small group of supporters he might have ever had. There’s no way back for him now.
Wow. Makes UT seem like a perfectly functioning organization.

The entire Everton traveling support singing “Digne was right, Rafa’s shite” for long stretches of yesterday’s match seems to back up those rumors.

He may or may not end up being a good signing for Villa. If the Lucas Digne of two years ago shows up, then it’s a brilliant move. If Digne of last year, and especially this season shows up, then Matt Targett may still be best option at LB for them.

Targett has been disappointing this season, I think a good portion of the fan base is ready to move on from him. One game isn’t a good sample size, but Digne appears to be a vast improvement.

If you want to further deep dive on the rumors, it’s been suggested that Digne would’ve stayed at Everton if he knew Rafa would be fired.

Targett has been disappointing this season, I think a good portion of the fan base is ready to move on from him. One game isn’t a good sample size, but Digne appears to be a vast improvement.

If you want to further deep dive on the rumors, it’s been suggested that Digne would’ve stayed at Everton if he knew Rafa would be fired.
Personally, I'd rather not even think about that. This new LB we've signed from Ukraine may end up being fantastic, but it's always a massive roll of the dice to sign guys whose entire career consists of playing against massively inferior competition to what they'll face in England.

Personally, I'd rather not even think about that. This new LB we've signed from Ukraine may end up being fantastic, but it's always a massive roll of the dice to sign guys whose entire career consists of playing against massively inferior competition to what they'll face in England.

Oh trust me, I know all about Villa signing guys from inferior leagues and hoping they’ll pan out.

Fortunately, I think Everton is probably safe from relegation. The loss to Norwich was bad, but I don’t see Burnley, Newcastle, and Norwich or Watford getting to 20 points on the season

Oh trust me, I know all about Villa signing guys from inferior leagues and hoping they’ll pan out.

Fortunately, I think Everton is probably safe from relegation. The loss to Norwich was bad, but I don’t see Burnley, Newcastle, and Norwich or Watford getting to 20 points on the season
I tend to agree that Everton will survive, but the bolded part simply isn’t realistic. In the past 30 years, only five teams in total have had sub-20 point seasons. There’s no chance four teams all get less than 20 in the same year. Even in a league as top-heavy as the PL is this year, it’s a borderline mathematical impossibility when they all have to play each other twice. 30-33 might be enough to survive though.

Yeah, happened today. Apparently he was originally given a 12 month jail sentence, but some sort of review board deemed it to be “overly lenient” and upped it to 36 months.
I’m shocked, I really can’t comprehend how people can do things like what he did to someone.

Not sure how I’d feel about either of those.

It was feast or famine under Martinez the first time around. It’s possible he’s learned some lessons since he was last our manager and might do better on the second go. He built a fantastic squad his first year on a pretty tight budget largely through good loan signings. That said, he’s got a pretty kushy gig managing Belgium right now with the World Cup right around the corner. Not sure why he’d want to walk away from that for a mid-season relegation fight at Everton. Also, not even sure how good he would be as a firefighter. He’s got to be on a VERY short list of managers who have won a trophy (FA Cup) and gotten relegated in the same season while he was at Wigan.

As for Rooney, who knows. He’s barely even began his career as a manager. I don’t know a ton about the full situation with Derby’s squad, but people talk like it’s pretty grim. Even with a 21 point deduction, he’s currently got them 8 points from safety with 18 games still to play. Hard not to be impressed by that.

VN Store

Back