Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Not 100%. I think the only hope is no one will pay what Levy wants.

But, Kane deserves better. I will root for him wherever he goes.
seems like a good dude and he's a baller. wish he'd come to arsenal and terrorize spurs for a bit to equal out some of the pain he's inflicted upon our poor defenses the last some years lol

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
We may have stumbled into 4th on a poor performance today, but I’ll take it. European football next year for the Blues!

Oh, and thank you Spurs 😅

yeesh. foxes collapse. thought that might happen if spurs got the second goal. oh well
Feels kind of harsh to say they collapsed. With about ten minutes left they had a 3 on 1 breakaway in 60 yards of open space and was only stopped by the Harry Winks tackle that, while it definitely wasn’t a DOGSO situation by the letter of the law, was also cynical as hell and likely stopped Leicester going ahead 3-2.

Then, after a full season of behind all too happy to rewind almost any amount of time looking for handballs in the buildup to disallow goals, the VAR decided to look the other way as Kane did his best Diego Maradona impression five seconds before Bale scored the winner.

Feels kind of harsh to say they collapsed. With about ten minutes left they had a 3 on 1 breakaway in 60 yards of open space and was only stopped by the Harry Winks tackle that, while it definitely wasn’t a DOGSO situation by the letter of the law, was also cynical as hell and likely stopped Leicester going ahead 3-2.

Then, after a full season of behind all too happy to rewind almost any amount of time looking for handballs in the buildup to disallow goals, the VAR decided to look the other way as Kane did his best Diego Maradona impression five seconds before Bale scored the winner.

That no call on the incidental handball was some karma. The winning, and only goal, for the Foxes in the FA cup final was identical in terms of an incidental handball in the build up to a goal.

I don’t like the rule, and I get why LC fans would be upset, but it was the right call (Just based off the rules interpretation). Incidental handballs only effect a direct goal, not in the build up. That being said, I’d be fine if they changed that rule.

Not 100%. I think the only hope is no one will pay what Levy wants.

But, Kane deserves better. I will root for him wherever he goes.
I think there’s a real chance they don’t find any buyers at the price they’re going to want for him. I don’t know how much better he really “deserves”. They’ve been consistently top 4 in his time with the club, and he’s played in a CL final. That’s pretty damn good.

Somebody posted this on another board I read, and I thought it was a good take…
If I was him I’d stay at Spurs and become a club legend. He would do that if he stayed his entire career there. Players are too often caught up in the now, in getting a medal, they don’t think of the bigger picture.

The obvious case in point is Matt Le Tissier. For the rest of his life he will be adored by Southampton fans. Shearer at Newcastle the same. I read an article a few months back (can’t recall the player) that he has a few medals in his cupboard (which he never looks at), but he’s got no lifelong connection to any club, and he’d swap that in a heartbeat. It’s an article that really changed my perception of what means most. Adoration is priceless. Kane has that, he’d give all that up by winning a few largely meaningless medals at a club that he has no affiliation to. By staying at Spurs and doing all he could do to win medals there would mean a lifelong connection and adoration for the rest of his life. A wise man wouldn’t give that up

I think there’s a real chance they don’t find any buyers at the price they’re going to want for him. I don’t know how much better he really “deserves”. They’ve been consistently top 4 in his time with the club, and he’s played in a CL final. That’s pretty damn good.

Somebody posted this on another board I read, and I thought it was a good take…

That is a really good take. When I said he deserves better, I was thinking about the numerous transfer windows where the Spurs did nothing. I hope he stays, but they are in such flux right now. I would be happy if they hired Santo.

That is a really good take. When I said he deserves better, I was thinking about the numerous transfer windows where the Spurs did nothing. I hope he stays, but they are in such flux right now. I would be happy if they hired Santo.
If they do end up selling him, are they even going to be able to reinvest that money in the squad, or will they have to use a bunch of it to pay down debt on the stadium? COVID really came at a particularly inopportune time for them.

If they do end up selling him, are they even going to be able to reinvest that money in the squad, or will they have to use a bunch of it to pay down debt on the stadium? COVID really came at a particularly inopportune time for them.

I don't feel confidant it would be reinvested in players.

I don't feel confidant it would be reinvested in players.
That’s kind of what I figured. They didn’t even get a full season in the stadium before closed door games started, plus I know they were counting on a big chunk of revenue from NFL games, but hopefully that will be picking back up this coming season.

FTR, their new stadium is fantastic. I ventured up there to buy some Spurs gear for a friend of mine a few years ago. It wasn’t quite finished when I was there, so I didn’t see the inside, but from the outside it was the most impressive ground I’ve seen in England.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
That’s kind of what I figured. They didn’t even get a full season in the stadium before closed door games started, plus I know they were counting on a big chunk of revenue from NFL games, but hopefully that will be picking back up this coming season.

FTR, their new stadium is fantastic. I ventured up there to buy some Spurs gear for a friend of mine a few years ago. It wasn’t quite finished when I was there, so I didn’t see the inside, but from the outside it was the most impressive ground I’ve seen in England.

I had plans to go, but the delays in opening followed by Covid prevented that. I plan to next season.

I had plans to go, but the delays in opening followed by Covid prevented that. I plan to next season.
It’s currently sitting at the top of my list of grounds I haven’t seen a match at yet.

Whenever you do get to go, this probably isn’t open on match days, but looks like fun if you get some free time another day.

I'm a fan of the Premier League, but not a die-hard. My guy is Gareth Bale and he balled out as a sub, today and got the Hot Spurs into the Europa Tourney, next year

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Looks like it’s gonna be Brentford.
Thoroughly deserved. They’ve been on the cusp for a few years and completely played Swansea off the park today. Nice to see a new face in the PL next year as it’s normally the same 5 or 6 clubs that seem to yo-yo between the divisions.

Reactions: MAD
Chelsea up 1-0 at halftime. great through ball put havertz in

hoping to see Christian come in at some point (and a man city win)

What a win for Chelsea. Soccer is such a bizarre sport, given the multiple simultaneous competitions and the fact that the Champions of Europe lost the FA Cup and only finished top four in the league table with help, but none of that changes the record book. Hopefully neither club playing today faces any punishment for the short-lived Super League.

What a game! Up The Chels!

Pulisic first American to play and win a Champions League final. Great moment for American soccer.

Wish I was in West London right now for the party. I’ll just have to drink a few pints here to celebrate!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back