Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

I don’t think it will happen.

I don’t think it would even work without the English teams. None of the German teams or PSG were interested the first time around. Watching RM, Barça, Atletico, Juventus, Inter and AC Milan play over and over all year hardly seems to qualify as a “super-league”.

It would take all those leagues joining together to equal the power of the Prem. The Prem is like the SEC. La Liga is like the BIG. Bundesliga- ACC (one contender). Serie A - PAC 12. Ligue 1 - Big 12 (only one contender).

Reactions: MAD
The Ballon D’or has really become a joke. How is Ronaldo on the list but DeBruyne and Salah not? Benzema should win but with the Lewandowski snub from last year, who knows.

The Ballon D’or has really become a joke. How is Ronaldo on the list but DeBruyne and Salah not? Benzema should win but with the Lewandowski snub from last year, who knows.

Not sure what list you saw, they are both on it. It has become (always was?) a joke award though. Benzema 100% deserves it.. there’s no one else close. We will see what happens.

Gameweek 2. Apart from BHA, the match I am most excited to watch has to be Spurs and Chelsea. Does Chelsea’s D hold or does Kane wake up and get it going?

Man U already down 2-nil 20 mins in against Brentford. Ten Hag has some work to do.

Reactions: MAD
I like Spurs against that aging defense.

It isn’t the aging defense that’s an issue. Koulibaly is really good, and Silva is still one of the smartest CBs in the league. It’s the aging midfield that’s the issue. We have no true holder and as much ground as Kante can cover the midfield leaves us highly susceptible to counter attacking, which is the Spurs bread and butter. I have a feeling we will go with a 3-5-2 formation to give a boost to the midfield to deal with the counter attack, but that formation leaves a lot to be desired in attack. We will see.

It isn’t the aging defense that’s an issue. Koulibaly is really good, and Silva is still one of the smartest CBs in the league. It’s the aging midfield that’s the issue. We have no true holder and as much ground as Kante can cover the midfield leaves us highly susceptible to counter attacking, which is the Spurs bread and butter. I have a feeling we will go with a 3-5-2 formation to give a boost to the midfield to deal with the counter attack, but that formation leaves a lot to be desired in attack. We will see.
I think both are issues.

VN Store

Back