Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Not the prettiest of wins but I’ll take it. Last year we would have gave up the equalizer at some point in the 2nd half.

Sterling and Koulibaly are as advertised. Both looked great. Attack and midfield left a bit to be desired though. Need some time to gel.

@mad4vols you watching the All Or Nothing: Arsenal yet? Watched the first episode last night and forgot just how bad the start to the season was last year. Makes it even more impressive to me that Arteta was able to turn it around.

@mad4vols you watching the All Or Nothing: Arsenal yet? Watched the first episode last night and forgot just how bad the start to the season was last year. Makes it even more impressive to me that Arteta was able to turn it around.
I started watching the first episode, hoping to find some time to watch it this weekend.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
I am oddly excited to watch the ‘Welcome to Wrexham’ docu-series coming out at the end of this month.

Reactions: MAD
Not the prettiest of wins but I’ll take it. Last year we would have gave up the equalizer at some point in the 2nd half.

Sterling and Koulibaly are as advertised. Both looked great. Attack and midfield left a bit to be desired though. Need some time to gel.
Once Cucrella gets settled in and more playing time, that could also benefit the club. He has a motor that never stops.

How do they come up with cheers so quickly?

This is before the kid even played a minute.

He's Charlie Patino,
He knew the place to go,
Although he'd never seen,
The boys in Tangerine.

He felt it everywhere,
He breathed in the sea air,
And then he said to me,
I FU@KlN hate PNE.

Reactions: C/O

He's Charlie Patino,
He knew the place to go,
The boys in Tangerine.

He felt it everywhere,
And then he said to me,
I FU@KlN hate PNE.

Possibly just a recycled song from a former player where Patino’s name was easy to plug in, but honestly I don’t know. I wondered the same thing when I went to Villa last season right after they’d signed Coutinho. They already had a full song for him set to the tune of Push It by Salt-n-pepa.

Once Cucrella gets settled in and more playing time, that could also benefit the club. He has a motor that never stops.

Yeah he played the last 20-30 min and played well. And that’s with him only practicing once with the team and that was yesterday.

He's Charlie Patino,
He knew the place to go,
The boys in Tangerine.

He felt it everywhere,
And then he said to me,
I FU@KlN hate PNE.

Speaking of Cucurella, this falls right online. It is crazy how quick songs are created and how it spreads. Cucurella hadn’t even been announced as a Chelsea player for a day and he already has a song, and I love it. Based on the tune from Rhiannon’s song Umbrella:

🎶 Came from Spain despite the weather,
Barca said I can't pull another lever,
City said hey but he wanted better,
Now he's the pride of London Cucurella ella ella eh eh 🎶

Reactions: C/O and MAD
For all of those new to FPL. Don’t forget to take a quick glance at the rules. There are also some things that really set it apart from Fantasy Football. There are the ‘cards and bonuses’ you can play for extra points. There are also ‘price changes’ in a player. Based on how they perform and how many add and drop a player, their value can go up and down. Buy players while low and sell them while high. You can really earn some extra cash this way to invest in a stud player down the road. Don’t forget you get one transfer a week. There are lots more to it, but these are a quick few tips.

Exactly. A W is a W.

I like the new away kit.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
For all of those new to FPL. Don’t forget to take a quick glance at the rules. There are also some things that really set it apart from Fantasy Football. There are the ‘cards and bonuses’ you can play for extra points. There are also ‘price changes’ in a player. Based on how they perform and how many add and drop a player, their value can go up and down. Buy players while low and sell them while high. You can really earn some extra cash this way to invest in a stud player down the road. Don’t forget you get one transfer a week. There are lots more to it, but these are a quick few tips.
I can’t seem to find where the rules are located

Reactions: Outofmyvolcanmind
I can’t seem to find where the rules are located
On the PL app, go to the ‘fantasy tab’ and then about halfway down the page is ‘help and rules’ a bunch of useful info is in there

The Erik ten Hag era seems to be off to a roaring start in Manchester.
A huge part of United's struggles since Fergie left is that their administration and fans make Tennessee's look like they have the patience of a saint.

I mean, hell, nobody even started getting on the "Fire Pruitt" bandwagon at least until the season opener of his second season, and most of the fanbase didn't want him gone until a few games into his 3rd season.

Good news about Godfrey. Three months doesn’t seem too bad considering how awful the injury actually looked. Hopefully able to use the six week WC break to get fully fit and back on the field when the league resumes. Mina though…dude just can’t stay match fit.

I’m curious to see how much the World Cup is going to effect squads this year.

VN Store

Back