Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

C/O

Old School. Doesn’t do Analytics.
Finally. Big time fail on the Lukaku saga for Chelsea, but thankfully he’s on his way back to Inter. Will be a year loan with another year loan next year and then presumably buy him after that… if he performs at least. Inter covering all wages, and a lot of the fee isn’t on the new books as the debt was written off in the club sale. Probably the best solution for all parties. Chelsea gets Lukaku off the books after a huge fail of a transfer and Inter gets Lukaku but has to pay his wages.
Lukaku has to be one of the bigger flops in recent Premier League history. Crazy ride for him this last year or so.

Nash_Vol97

Be curious, not judgmental.
Lukaku has to be one of the bigger flops in recent Premier League history. Crazy ride for him this last year or so.
Recent history is probably being generous.. he’s gotta be one of the bigger flops in EPL history overall because of that price tag.

It was a square peg in a round hole type situation and Chelsea knew it and Lukaku knew it. Board pushed it, Tuchel caved after missing on Haaland, and the rest is history. Once that interview happened it was over and the relationship was ruined. It’s funny though, Lukaku gave an interview last summer saying switching to Tuchels system would be a smooth transition being that Belgium has a very similar system… yet the first time he struggled he blamed the system and packed up his bag and had it waiting at the door to go back to Inter. Just a fragile ego overall.

Nash_Vol97

Be curious, not judgmental.
Gareth Bale to LAFC ? 👀 I may finally have have a team in the MLS
Love that some big names are playing a season or two in MLS in their twilight years… but man I wish some other teams besides LAFC could get them for once. I get it though. I’d probably choose LAFC if I was a top European player about to retire too. Hollywood/LA is a big draw.

VN Store