Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

To be fair, Everton had a more exciting season than any mid-table team that missed out on Europe.

Though I doubt it was more enjoyable
The season started well enough, and obviously November through mid-March was awful.

However, the past two months have probably been the apex of my enjoyment of EFC. 99th minute winner against Newcastle with only ten men on the pitch. Beat Man U at home. 92nd minute equalizer against Leicester at home. The Chelsea game at Goodison. The away win at Leicester where the travelling supporters sang Spirit of the Blues for 2 1/2 straight hours. Then last night against Palace.

That’s six legendary games in barely eight weeks. Hard to imagine that ever being topped from an entertainment standpoint. That said, I look forward to our (hopeful) return to mid-table boredom next spring.

Reactions: theFallGuy
Looked like Mbappe was going to Real Madrid for months and then PSG came in and sweetened the pot with INSANE oil money.

€300M signing bonus
€100M per year AFTER tax.

What’s everyone hoping for today? I’d like Man City to claim the title, West Ham pass United for a EL place, and Leeds stay up. More than anything, I’m just looking forward to enjoying a meaningless Everton game without the pall of relegation hanging over everything.

What’s everyone hoping for today? I’d like Man City to claim the title, West Ham pass United for a EL place, and Leeds stay up. More than anything, I’m just looking forward to enjoying a meaningless Everton game without the pall of relegation hanging over everything.

Villa tie or beat City (obviously,) then Liverpool lose to Wolves. The whole Gerrard - Liverpool connection is beyond annoying, he’s Villas manager, anything he does today is for the sake of Villa winning a game, nothing to do with Liverpool.

Weird feeling today as the game itself is virtually meaningless for Villa, but of course has huge implications.

Leeds to go down, and I’m with you on West Ham passing over Man U.

Villa tie or beat City (obviously,) then Liverpool lose to Wolves. The whole Gerrard - Liverpool connection is beyond annoying, he’s Villas manager, anything he does today is for the sake of Villa winning a game, nothing to do with Liverpool.

Weird feeling today as the game itself is virtually meaningless for Villa, but of course has huge implications.

Leeds to go down, and I’m with you on West Ham passing over Man U.
Same thing for Everton. Getting a result means almost nothing to us, but it’s a must-win for Arsenal.

This is the same scenario I’d like to see. Feels good not stressing on final match day but sad that this is it for the season.

They both had slight knocks against Chelsea in the FA Cup Final. Probably trying to make sure they are 100% for UCL Final.
Fair enough. I didn’t get to see any of the FA Cup final, so didn’t realize they were injured. Looking at the lineup from earlier in the week, they weren’t even in the matchday squad against Southampton.

Looks like Villa is doing some experimenting in the line up, the back up keeper is starting, and a lot of youngsters on the bench.

I want Liverpool to beat the Wolves and my Foxes to beat Southampton, so they jump 'em and finish 8th. Dead even .500, 14-10-14

VN Store

Back