Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Really enjoyed finally getting to watch (on telly) some Scottish soccer today. Was kind of pulling for Aberdeen over the Rangers.

Reactions: MAD
Apparently the suspicious player is Xhaka?
I tell you what… from the extremely poor start to the season from Arsenal, to the big turnaround, to these new complaints of postponing fixtures to now this? The Arsenal: All or Nothing documentary is going to be gold.

Are they investigating the player or the ref?

Player I believe. A bookie went to the FA about an unusual betting behavior that there were large sums of money put down for an Arsenal player (Twitter is saying Xhaka but that’s not confirmed) to get a yellow card. The bet hit which is what flagged the bets and the bookie got concerned.

Player I believe. A bookie went to the FA about an unusual betting behavior that there were large sums of money put down for an Arsenal player (Twitter is saying Xhaka but that’s not confirmed) to get a yellow card. The bet hit which is what flagged the bets and the bookie got concerned.
Sounds like the player, but a corrupt ref could have an interest in making the call as well.

Sounds like the player, but a corrupt ref could have an interest in making the call as well.

For sure. FA is keeping it pretty tight lip at this point. Twitter sleuths are out there making all sorts of predictions. Apparently you can aggregate betting data so between that and looking at the outcome of the specific game that had the irregular data Twitter is convinced it was Xhaka’s time wasting yellow card at the end of the Leeds game.

Here’s the Xhaka yellow in question. On one hand, the betting patterns seem a little suspect. On the other, it’s a guy known for picking up dumb yellows, playing for a team whose default position when defending a lead recently has been full-stop ****housery, getting carded for time wasting in the 86th minute. May be nothing to see here.

Here’s the Xhaka yellow in question. On one hand, the betting patterns seem a little suspect. On the other, it’s a guy known for picking up dumb yellows, playing for a team whose default position when defending a lead recently has been full-stop ****housery, getting carded for time wasting in the 86th minute. May be nothing to see here.

If it was 1-2 wouldn’t have a problem but it was 1-4, no reason to time waste in the 86th minute and risk a yellow.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
If it was 1-2 wouldn’t have a problem but it was 1-4, no reason to time waste in the 86th minute and risk a yellow.
Logically, it doesn’t make a lot of sense. However, Xhaka is not known for his sound decision making. There was no conceivable reason to be scuffing the penalty spot a few weeks ago either.

That Spurs comeback today was crazy. Down 2-1 at the 94:52 minute mark and they score two quick goals to seal it. I was watching and went downstairs to refill my water and came back up and it was over 3-2… I was quite shocked.

That Spurs comeback today was crazy. Down 2-1 at the 94:52 minute mark and they score two quick goals to seal it. I was watching and went downstairs to refill my water and came back up and it was over 3-2… I was quite shocked.
Tottenham's win was the latest a team has come from a losing position to win in the Premier League.
The record was previously held by Manchester City's iconic 3-2 win against QPR!

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Interesting starting 11 from Artera, never saw this type of formation from him.

8640B2D4-CAE8-4A85-A08C-265FCB841914.jpeg

OMG, this one hurt, so much. I saw the score last night, but just saw the highlights/choke job, a couple of hours ago

I thought Everton fans were better than that. Oh well, maybe they can get away with that in the Championship when no one’s watching

VN Store

Back