Predictions of players leaving early.

Chandler will leave imo. I was surprised to hear this morning that the other two could test the NBA waters. I don’t see neither getting drafted so I’d assume they would return.
Been saying this since February

Chandler will leave imo. I was surprised to hear this morning that the other two could test the NBA waters. I don’t see neither getting drafted so I’d assume they would return.
I can see JJJ perhaps with the right team get drafted (second round) He's versatile and can play many positions. Vescovi is just slow footed and can't create his shot one on one.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I think JJJ and SV will use this off season to glean some information from NBA scouts and see what kind of improvement they could make to their overall game.

Bailey, Chandler, Fulkerson and perhaps Powell and a couple of walk ons leave.

Both JJJ and SV should consider the NBA and see what the evaluations are. I dont think either will be given a draft grade this year however.

I think that Bailey might, similar to ticket last year. I have Bailey as absolutely transferring.

Nobody has mentioned Tamba or Mashak, but I think both have a chance of transferring.

Tamba was set to redshirt before he even signed with us, so unless he transfers to a smaller school/conference because he doesn't think he will ever be competitive at this level, I think he stays. Mashak could be 50-50 about transferring, but I hope he stays and develops his game. Could be a starter by his Jr. year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Kennedy is the only realistic departure, the others by all means should get feedback from the process. Josiah is becoming a legit 3 & D guy, Vescovi has Manu-esque qualities. It's not hard to envision them having long productive professional careers.

If he doesn't go in top 20, he needs to come back. Late first round or early 2nd Rd money is a pittance to top 10, will be curious to see what he is rated after the tourney is done.

Arent all first rounders given guaranteed contracts? That puts him 1 year closer to free agency which is the real payday in that league.

Arent all first rounders given guaranteed contracts? That puts him 1 year closer to free agency which is the real payday in that league.

Yes. 2 years are guaranteed with 2 years of club options. Keon Johnson was selected 21st and was guaranteed $5 million and will get to $12 million if the team picks up his options.

KC has now been put in the top 20 in some mocks (17th by Givoney).

Yes. 2 years are guaranteed with 2 years of club options. Keon Johnson was selected 21st and was guaranteed $5 million and will get to $12 million if the team picks up his options.

KC has now been put in the top 20 in some mocks (17th by Givoney).
And as low as 40. Hard to tell. At his size, you have to be a deadly shooter.

If he doesn't go in top 20, he needs to come back. Late first round or early 2nd Rd money is a pittance to top 10, will be curious to see what he is rated after the tourney is done.

Plus with a good NIL he can make that here and improve his stock. KC returning and averaging 14ppg and 5apg with 2 or more spg will have better draft stock ESPECIALLY if we win a ton of games and make a run in March.

Really doesn't matter who comes or goes, the outcome is preordained. We ain't getting past the first weekend in the NCAAT. I'll enjoy the regular season, but not expecting anything else.

Reactions: Big time vol
JJJ is as ready for next level as KC. SV needs another year.

Reactions: vol94
Plus with a good NIL he can make that here and improve his stock. KC returning and averaging 14ppg and 5apg with 2 or more spg will have better draft stock ESPECIALLY if we win a ton of games and make a run in March.
I don't think the potential stock improvement is worth it for him because it would be so marginal and not guaranteed. To put it into perspective, he did indeed average 13.9 ppg, 4.7 apg, and 2.2 spg - pretty much in line with the stats you said he should come back to achieve.

I personally so little to no benefit for him to return unless he just wants to wear the orange that bad. And I'm not counting on that.

Last edited:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if a player enters the portal and lands with a new team, and that does not work out for that player...they can transfer again but they would have to sit out a year with their new team.

Not sure if either JJJ or Santiago leave; however, if that does happen then UT will need to hit the transfer portal!

Chandler isn't coming back. Not sure why that's even being discussed.

JJJ and Vescovi both are not NBA players right now, and don't think Vescovi ever will be mainly because he just doesn't have the measurables or quickness for the NBA game. He shoots the ball plenty well though. JJJ could eventually make an NBA roster but not sure how long he stays in the league. I do forsee both JJJ and Vescovi having the opportunity to make plenty of money overseas which may very well cause Vescovi to move on in the off-season. James might elect to come back with the intent to try and make an NBA roster first. But I'm just guessing at all the above.

If this team is without Vescovi, JJJ and Chandler (all 3) I can't see how we don't take a step back next year. That's essentially 3 of your best 5 players.

What you have to look at is if JJJ is better than Admiral Schofield. Slightly taller but no better as a defender or shooter. Might handle the ball a little better than Admiral. Admiral didn’t make it with Washington and is struggling to get past the end of the bench with Orlando and is bouncing back and forth to the G League. No way Santi makes it in the NBA. Too slow, can’t jump and would find it hard to guard anybody. He’ll make a good living playing ball overseas when he’s ready.

Doubt Powell leaves, he already burned his free transfer. I don't know why he would want to sit a season when with KC & Bailey likely gone he'll have a less congested path to more playing time. Plus after next season Powell could return as a senior starter on this team (after Santi/JJJ are both graduated).

Powell got a free year last year. He's got 4 to play 3 as he has not redshirted

VN Store

Back