Predictions for the tourney?

In my opinion, Arizona is the 2nd best team overall, and Villanova is the 2nd best 2 seed (can’t play Kentucky anyway). And Illinois is the best 4 seed.

I think our bracket is exceptionally difficult.
Illinois like most of the Big ten is overrated

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This Tournament comes down to Seeding and Officials. We may have a lot of adjustments to make because of the Officials....SEC Refs call a different game than B10 and other conferences.
Something to be aware of and watch......

If I had to predict a title game it would be Gonzaga and Kansas. The Midwest region is insanely easy. Providence is closer to a 6 seed in terms of quality than a 4. And Wisconsin more like a 4. Auburn is also not that good for a 2 seed, though I can’t argue against it.

My surprise is Texas Tech. Have them in Final Four. I have us losing a close rematch to Zona in the Elite 8. I have Zona winning it all. I actually have Arkansas beating Gonzaga in the S16. But I’m super nervous b/c I think Vermont can beat Arkansas lol

Reactions: ndubvols
If I had to predict a title game it would be Gonzaga and Kansas. The Midwest region is insanely easy. Providence is closer to a 6 seed in terms of quality than a 4. And Wisconsin more like a 4. Auburn is also not that good for a 2 seed, though I can’t argue against it.
Agree, think auburn got a really good draw.

Best odds of all 3 seeds and better than Duke. Vegas knows. Our odds would be higher if the committee gave us due credit
Screenshot 2022-03-14 191527.jpg

i’m honestly nervous about the 2nd round game to be honest. i think they end up squeezing by that one, and advance to the sweet 16. hopefully nova loses before then, although i think we could beat them the 2nd time.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
In my opinion, Arizona is the 2nd best team overall, and Villanova is the 2nd best 2 seed (can’t play Kentucky anyway). And Illinois is the best 4 seed.

It's going to take Tennessee winning six in a row from here to please me. Us old timers don't have many tournaments left and I have always hoped to see us win a natty regardless of the draw.

I'm picking Tennessee to win the whole thing

Difficult path once we get to the sweet 16 but the fact that we keep getting overlooked nationally is going to be the chip on this team's shoulder

Longwood has good three point shooters, but can't defend. Tallest guy is like 6'8. Net ranking is 126, our lowest net loss came against No. 30 Alabama when KC and Fulky were out... only a 1 point loss.

Michigan, there's no telling if they are even going to make it past the first round, just a total spiraling free fall for them. They have no business even making it in the tourney (Net 34). If we draw CSU (Net 28), the only player we should worry about is All American David Roddy

Villanova while ranked high, is not the same team we played in November. They struggled against the likes of St. John's, Creighton, Uconn and Providence late in the year. Their best ball was early in the season

Arizona, well, we already beat them, so this squad shouldn't be worried to see them again. Going to be a very physical game inside and we have multiple bigs so that works out to our advantage.

Final 4, I have Iowa beating Auburn. Obviously a dark horse pick to have Iowa that far in the tourney, but they are capable. If Tennessee can shut down their perimeter shooting, which they have done against teams this season, it will be a blowout.

I have Tennessee beating Kentucky in the national championship game 73-71😂

Go Vols! WGWTFA!!!
I hope we pulverize them all and just dominate the tournament.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I have forced myself throughout the years to approach a Final Four prediction the same way I approach a Tennessee beating Florida in football prediction, which is to say I don’t predict it. I’ll believe it when I see it.

I can’t do it. I just can’t. Too many variables in March. One off-night can ruin you. There is a reason baseball and basketball professionally play post-season series and not this type of single-elimination tournament.

I’ll say this much. There isn’t a Tennessee team I trust more than this one. How can you not? They’re the ONLY team in 43 years capable of winning the SEC Tournament. However, ultimately, I’m picking us to fall in the Sweet 16 to Villanova in a game where Collin Gillespie hits a last-second shot to win. Villanova has been here, done that. They’re a team with March Madness in its DNA.

Anyway, I just hope Rick can manage one Final Four here before he retires. Maybe it’s this year! Who knows. But, all I know is that there is no coach that deserves to make a deep run and prove the naysayers and haters wrong more than Rick Barnes. Please Rick, find a way.

My surprise is Texas Tech. Have them in Final Four. I have us losing a close rematch to Zona in the Elite 8. I have Zona winning it all. I actually have Arkansas beating Gonzaga in the S16. But I’m super nervous b/c I think Vermont can beat Arkansas lol

I think Vermont beats AR handily.

Reactions: hUTch2002
I think Tennessee loses a hard fought game in the S16 to Villanova. Which wouldn’t be a disappointing season at all. 25+ wins, SECT champs for first time in 40 years and a S16.
I’m not even certain we would see Nova. Loyola is under seeded. Bad draw for Ohio St and possibly for Nova there.

Reactions: JoAllan

It is. It’s the deepest bracket and due to that I can see a mess happening. I think the left side stays more true to seeding than the right side with our region being the biggest mess.

I think Vermont beats AR handily.
I don’t know if it will be handily but I agree Vermont wins. Here’s my hot take. More 13 seeds will win than 12 seeds. I have 1 12 seed and 2 13s (maybe even 3 but I stayed at 2). Oh, and the Big 10 will suck yet again. 9 teams are in and, according to seeding, they should have 3 sweet 16 teams. I see 1, maybe 2 at most, and neither of their 3 seeds will make it.

VN Store

Back