Prediction on W/L record after spring game

• Total voters
6 wins if defense is better by the fall. The offense is going to score some points. But it won't matter if the D cant stop anyone... Might look like 2012 all over again in CJH first year in Knoxville.

Last edited:
Reactions: coachjp6
Spring games do not tell you much at all about how good or bad the team will be in the fall. But our defense is gonna suck. The offense can be okay, until they come up against the better defenses in the league.

As of right now, bammer, UGA, Florida are definite losses.

The 3 cupcake non conference games will be wins. I think we beat Vandy.

Pitt and USCe will be toss ups.

And right now, based on last year, I think Mizzou, UK, and Ole Miss are all ahead of us. I just can't see us winning any of those. I guess we could figure out a way to outscore one of them. But I think 6 wins is the ceiling with 5 wins probably the most likely.

My take........our offensive line looks to be middle of the SEC pack, at least, maybe better. Receivers are fast and deep. The running back room looks good. As usual, comes down to QB play. HB is the best QB on the team, may not be the "best fit" for Huep's system, but IMO he's the better QB of the lot. Our offense should be in the top 1/3 of the conference.

We had a bunch of 1st and 2nd stringers on defense out for the spring game. Though we may not have the big "stud" along the defensive line, there's a lot of experience and depth. The starting 5 in the secondary should be pretty dang good; worried about depth though. Biggest concern on D are the linebackers, as most have alluded on here. Very important that the guys suspended for the spring gets back with the team for summer work outs. I think our D could be middle of the pack of the SEC, maybe better.

I think the absolute floor is 5-7 with 10-2 the ceiling. If I had to bet a month's pay, I'd guess 7-5, 8-4. Regardless, not having JG out there and Cornbread on the sideline gives me hope for every game on the schedule.

6-6 or 7-5.

Schedule is the softest one we've had in over a decade (at least). Offense will be much improved. We have absolutely no defensive depth. 1st year typically most difficult for new coaches. Feels like a formula for barely making a bowl game.

Much concerned about depth at LB and DB, though the starting 5 at DB should be really good. But, we have tons of depth along the DL, experienced depth as well.

Have to say was impressed in the speed of the offense but let's apply the brakes. To steal a quote from CJH, week to week. Personally I see 4 wins, but that can change or it might not. Too many variables out there and not sure where we wind up. Toss Up!!!!!!!!

Reactions: tennrich1

Yes, I wear orange colored glasses. I expect us to be 3-0 going in to the Florida game. The next 4 are Florida, Missouri, SC, and Ole Miss. Predicting a 2-2 split. That gets us to 5-2. I'll concede a loss to the tree-killers, tea-baggers, but we're going to beat 'em eventually. Nobody gave the '82 Vols much of a chance. So, we're 5-3 with 4 to play.........Ky, Georgia, S. Alabama, and Vandy. 2-2 at worst. That puts us at 7-5 with a shot at 8-4.

Bring it!

Super_Bowl_LVI_logo.png

Spring game didn’t change much for me. I think we get 4 and maybe 5 coming from a group that includes Tech, Bowling Green, Pitt, SC, Vandy and South Alabama.

But I also see us sneaking up on a few teams and winning one we shouldn't. But we'll see how the season plays out but I'm as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch

VN Store

Back