Prediction on starting QB

Prediction on starting QB

• Total voters
Huh.... 😂 y’all two are something.

Not hating on Maurer he did well but he did not play better than Bailey. Maurer has no consistency which kills him. Can he make all of the throws? Yes. But that isn’t always what it is about.

As for Baileys internal clock..... he was never sacked.... he waited for the LB to stop covering Velus Jones and then threw a TD pass.... dunno what else you want him to do lol, you can have all day to throw if your line is blocking.
That’s Butchna s problem right now. He doesn’t like me pointing out facts that say otherwise when someone makes a claim about consistency or something of the sort. I’m not saying he was “better” than Bailey Saturday. That’s hard to top. But I am saying he made throws that no one else on this roster can make. Baileys big day was “pitch and catch” and I’m not taking anything from him. He did what he had to do. But Maurer also had a big day and his were NOT all pitch and catch or “standard”. When the kid only throws 6 incomplete passes and two were dropped, two were thrown away and one was tipped at the line? I’d say that was pretty consistent and damn near as perfect as Baileys day if his perfect passes were all caught the way Baileys were. I mean, are we having a different conversation if those two drops were caught and Maurer went 11/15 for 230? I think we are.

Are you familiar with bamboo?

You just water it and water and water it and water it...and nothing happens.
Then one day it just blooms!!
Remember the Bamboo.

Because after his time is done on the hill,
Brian Maurer will never be forgotten...
It's time for him to bloom.

Jump on the train while it's not cool yet ...
Didnt Dooley invent bamboo?

Reactions: LittleVol
Every post with regarding Maurer is he is the best and when there is a screw up its on the other players and not him and now 1 player helped Maurer up. wow , you really posted that. I will go ahead and tell you this. One of my best friends was a 4 year starter at Tenn at QB and he has seen a lot of practices and games and he thinks HB is the best of the 4 and thought he was the best of the 4 last year in limited play. He thinks like most here thinks of Maurer, he too erratic and tries to do too much and cant stay under control but he does think if he can fix that he has a chance to be good. HB makes the right decision and gets the ball in the playmakers hands. He said HB reminds him a lot of himself without the ints. he says HB has a stronger arm than he did and was not fast but his job was to get the ball to the right guys. I think he did pretty well for himself while at UT. I think his words goes further than yours. He did not put any QB down, gave his opinion and what he sees and thinks.
I’m not going to keep this up. It gets old and takes the fun out of the conversation. Read my post to chizzle

Didnt Dooley invent bamboo?
He didn't event it.
But he spread the lesson of it...

Brian Maurer is about to teach a whole slew of defenses a lesson in 2021.
And who knows 😌. Maybe Vol fans..ALL fans will cheer for him in the process.
Just like he cheers for all his teammates...including Bailey, JG, Henry T. Etc...

Reactions: jarnol32 and 1vol8
He didn't event it.

Just like he cheers for all his teammates...including Bailey, JG, Henry T. Etc...
Idk whether to take you seriously or not. You have a history of pulling extended practical jokes 😂

Reactions: LittleVol
I’m not going to keep this up. It gets old and takes the fun out of the conversation. Read my post to chizzle
Your posts are repetitive, Maurer is Peyton 2.0 with a hint of Vick and the only way he screws up if other players screws up. Nobody make you keep up your love fest over Maurer. I think you expect to post your nonsense and nobody should respond. This is VN and this is how we roll.

Your posts are repetitive, Maurer is Peyton 2.0 with a hint of Vick and the only way he screws up if other players screws up. Nobody make you keep up your love fest over Maurer. I think you expect to post your nonsense and nobody should respond. This is VN and this is how we roll.
And that the EXACT way of thinking that’s kept UT from having a qb for YEARS. The inability to look DEEPER than the surface

That’s Butchna s problem right now. He doesn’t like me pointing out facts that say otherwise when someone makes a claim about consistency or something of the sort. I’m not saying he was “better” than Bailey Saturday. That’s hard to top. But I am saying he made throws that no one else on this roster can make. Baileys big day was “pitch and catch” and I’m not taking anything from him. He did what he had to do. But Maurer also had a big day and his were NOT all pitch and catch or “standard”. When the kid only throws 6 incomplete passes and two were dropped, two were thrown away and one was tipped at the line? I’d say that was pretty consistent and damn near as perfect as Baileys day if his perfect passes were all caught the way Baileys were. I mean, are we having a different conversation if those two drops were caught and Maurer went 11/15 for 230? I think we are.
You left out that he prolly wasn’t “prepared to play”. Easy with the “facts”. They never look the same after you get aholt of them.

And that the EXACT way of thinking that’s kept UT from having a qb for YEARS. The inability to look DEEPER than the surface
How would you know? You can name Dobbs and who else...Peyton? 😏

Reactions: tnvols72
He didn't event it.

I will cheer for him if he is the man but my money is on HB. I just want to win again. I dont care if they turn ones of the Mays into a QB and Tn wins

You could go ahead and name the QB...1Vol8 would have no inkling. 😏

I literally just don’t understand where they are getting their analysis from lol.

Then saying if the ball was thrown better Keyton would of scored and a PI wouldn’t of been called.... Bull crap. Bailey threw that ball perfect causing Burrell to have to cause a PI in order to prevent the TD.

I literally just don’t understand where they are getting their analysis from lol.

Then saying if the ball was thrown better Keyton would of scored and a PI wouldn’t of been called.... Bull crap. Bailey threw that ball perfect causing Burrell to have to cause a PI in order to prevent the TD.
He watched a different game. He said one pass Maurer threw , he was either trying to throw it away or the WR ran the wrong route. You cant make this stuff up

It’s the epitome of desperate narrative. Makes you disregard anything possibly valid they may state.

Reactions: tnvols72
How would you know? You can name Dobbs and who else...Peyton? 😏
Context clues. From what I understand and correct if I’m wrong but Butch didn’t want Dobbs correct? How many people at that time were saying “Dobbs isn’t all that because Butch is the coach and he knows more than we do.”? I know there were quite a few saying the same thing with Pruitt picking JG. They still do! So many criticize Butch for not knowing what he thought he did. So many criticize Pruitt for not knowing what he thought he did. Both proved to be completely clueless and here UT sits as a result. THEY COULDNT SEE PAST THE SURFACE! Qb is most complex position in all of sports. If you don’t know how to see deeper than the surface, you’ll spend your time arguing with those that do.

Not trying to argue with you btw. But, let me point some things out. Maurer rushed a lot of decisions when he had a lot of time to throw. The intentional grounding throw is a good example of this. He had all day in the pocket, no pressure and decides to throw the ball out of bounds and in turn gets an intentional grounding call.

Those types of things are the little things that kill Maurer as a QB. He has to fix that kind of stuff. The throw on the run to Hyatt was a great ball. I’ll give him that. Can his arm allow him to make throws the other QBs can’t ? Sure. However, his screen/bubble route throws were awful. That hurts him as well. He showed nice scrambling capabilities which is a plus.

Now to Bailey, Bailey made all the throws. Doesn’t matter how the ball got there just matters that it got there. His screen/bubble route throws were perfect leading his receivers allowing them to run with the ball. His deep throws were on the money. He made great decisions all day. Overall, he was the best QB during the O&W game regardless of who was on defense.

If anything we should be talking about how bad Hendon Hooker is.

He watched a different game. He said one pass Maurer threw , he was either trying to throw it away or the WR ran the wrong route. You cant make this stuff up
He was talking about the throw away that got called for intentional grounding. Which the WR didn’t run the wrong route. Maurer thought he was supposed to run a different route and was wrong. Hence the throw away.

I didn’t say that. I said all Keyton had to do was drift inside about a foot and it would’ve been a completed pass. Of course that doesn’t mean he would’ve caught it. I haven’t spoken of the PI at all.

I didn’t say that. I said all Keyton had to do was drift inside about a foot and it would’ve been a completed pass. Of course that doesn’t mean he would’ve caught it. I haven’t spoken of the PI at all.
I wasn’t calling you out on that one. Was talking about what @LittleVol said about that play.

9FFA8D76-CB12-4836-9006-5DC37CFBE5C8.jpeg

Not trying to argue with you btw. But, let me point some things out. Maurer rushed a lot of decisions when he had a lot of time to throw. The intentional grounding throw is a good example of this. He had all day in the pocket, no pressure and decides to throw the ball out of bounds and in turn gets an intentional grounding call.

Those types of things are the little things that kill Maurer as a QB. He has to fix that kind of stuff. The throw on the run to Hyatt was a great ball. I’ll give him that. Can his arm allow him to make throws the other QBs can’t ? Sure. However, his screen/bubble route throws were awful. That hurts him as well. He showed nice scrambling capabilities which is a plus.

Now to Bailey, Bailey made all the throws. Doesn’t matter how the ball got there just matters that it got there. His screen/bubble route throws were perfect leading his receivers allowing them to run with the ball. His deep throws were on the money. He made great decisions all day. Overall, he was the best QB during the O&W game regardless of who was on defense.

If anything we should be talking about how bad Hendon Hooker is.
Can’t disagree with those points. He’s got some growing to do but those are easy fixes.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Context clues. From what I understand and correct if I’m wrong but Butch didn’t want Dobbs correct? How many people at that time were saying “Dobbs isn’t all that because Butch is the coach and he knows more than we do.”? I know there were quite a few saying the same thing with Pruitt picking JG. They still do! So many criticize Butch for not knowing what he thought he did. So many criticize Pruitt for not knowing what he thought he did. Both proved to be completely clueless and here UT sits as a result. THEY COULDNT SEE PAST THE SURFACE! Qb is most complex position in all of sports. If you don’t know how to see deeper than the surface, you’ll spend your time arguing with those that do.
Butch didn’t want Dobbs? Your limited scope is worse than I could have contemplated! Butch was dogged in flipping Dobbs from Arizona State. His fault with Dobbs was in some misguided attempt to honor a redshirt season requested by both Dobbs and his family. Did it in successive seasons back when if they played one snap they couldn’t redshirt. Dobbs wanted to be on campus at least 5 seasons due to his aerospace engineering major. THAT WAS PLAINLY ON THE SURFACE. KNOW MORE!

Butch didn’t want Dobbs? Your limited scope is worse than I could have contemplated! Butch was dogged in flipping Dobbs from Arizona State. His fault with Dobbs was in some misguided attempt to honor a redshirt season requested by both Dobbs and his family. Did it in successive seasons back when if they played one snap they couldn’t redshirt. Dobbs wanted to be on campus at least 5 seasons due to his aerospace engineering major. THAT WAS PLAINLY ON THE SURFACE. KNOW MORE!
I remember when he burnt Dobbs redshirt just to bring him in for 1 play.... Edit: Whoops that was Worley

Last edited:

VN Store

Back