Prediction on starting QB

Prediction on starting QB

• Total voters
Right now, based off O&W game... Bailey with BM a close 2nd
Gotta base it on a total body of work and for 14 practices Bailey has been behind. One good day shouldn’t change that when he was facing inferior competition on the defensive side of the ball. Maurer faced the starters more than all of them and to boot, he only had the offensive starters once.

Reactions: coachjp6
Maurer is very boom or bust. He'll make awesome plays, but he just makes too many mistakes. Bailey takes care of the ball, and I think he could do really well in this offense. Needs to continue to make quick decisions and get the ball out fast. Hooker just doesn't seem to have the deep ball like the other two do. I think he might be the one that transfers out with Milton coming in.

Maurer is very boom or bust. He'll make awesome plays, but he just makes too many mistakes. Bailey takes care of the ball, and I think he could do really well in this offense. Needs to continue to make quick decisions and get the ball out fast. Hooker just doesn't seem to have the deep ball like the other two do. I think he might be the one that transfers out with Milton coming in.
I don’t understand what Maurer did yesterday that suggest he hasn’t improved. He took care of the ball and he didn’t force any throws into coverage. I know people are going to point to the one he threw into traffic but he threaded a needle and hit the man in stride in a very tight window and THATS the kind of arm strength and confidence we’ll need in the red zone. I just don’t get it

I don’t understand what Maurer did yesterday that suggest he hasn’t improved. He took care of the ball and he didn’t force any throws into coverage. I know people are going to point to the one he threw into traffic but he threaded a needle and hit the man in stride in a very tight window and THATS the kind of arm strength and confidence we’ll need in the red zone. I just don’t get it
He has shown he is prone to injury and takes too many chances with his body. If he corrects that then who knows.

Gotta base it on a total body of work and for 14 practices Bailey has been behind. One good day shouldn’t change that when he was facing inferior competition on the defensive side of the ball. Maurer faced the starters more than all of them and to boot, he only had the offensive starters once.
Predictable.

He played decent from what I hear but obviously most here believe HB is in the lead. Care to make a wager ?
I’d love to. The game is on YouTube. You should watch it before commenting because they both made plays. The difference? Maurer made his against the starting defense with the 2s and below where Bailey made his with the 1s and 2s against some that won’t see the field again this year. There were two passes that no other qb3 on this roster can make. One was a 50+ yard throw on the run, against his body and hit him in stride. The other was a perfectly placed, threaded needle of a pass from about 20 yards out into a window the size of a watermelon.

Reactions: Bret178
I’d love to. The game is on YouTube. You should watch it before commenting because they both made plays. The difference? Maurer made his against the starting defense with the 2s and below where Bailey made his with the 1s and 2s against some that won’t see the field again this year. There were two passes that no other qb3 on this roster can make. One was a 50+ yard throw on the run, against his body and hit him in stride. The other was a perfectly placed, threaded needle of a pass from about 20 yards out into a window the size of a watermelon.
Somebody here posted yesterday that all
Qb’s played against the different defenses.
I have the game set for recording on SEC Network. I’ll check the YouTube option. Is it just highlights or the complete game?

I just think Mauer would have produced better if allowed full speed running. I said it yesterday and still feel the same... Bailey passed great. Hooker ran ok. But I felt Mauer covered both pretty good with obvious run restrictions placed on him. I would think he is #1 right now for this offense.. but both he and Bailey looked good. Hooker played too nervous I thought.

VN Store

Back